Letter 17: To The One From My Childhood

Letter 17: To The One From My Childhood

A Chapter by ajasminewallflower
"

Justin

"

Dear Justin,

 

            It has been way too long old friend. It has been a couple years since I’ve written a letter to you but that’s okay.  Because we’ll always know we’ll be cool.

 

            We met when I was just 9 years old. You were 7 but somehow we grew to become very close friends. We’d walk to school with our brother’s everyday and come home and stay at one’s house to do homework and get into crazy shenanigans. I remember a lot of our inside jokes like they were yesterday.  Like “The Amazing Sewer” After watching an episode of  “Chalk Zone” or your “Chicken Powers” and lets not forget the classic line “You’re idiots” “But we’re your idiots!” We were always together at school and at home. We’d watch movies and T.V shows and just talk about what we thought to be important when we were growing up. You became my little brother. We got picked on a lot as kids and we were always there to defend each other. We stood by each other in thick and thin.

 

We made amazing “discoveries” like the secret cove or the bunch of jasmine flowers behind your apartment. Then you had to move to Montana. When you told me that I thought I was losing half of me. Then I found out we were moving to Hollister a couple days after you were to leave Salinas. I’m glad we left around the same time because I would have been miserable with out you. We would talk only twice a year after that but those conversations meant the world to me. The told me in my heart friendships could last forever even in separation. Finally we started writing and four years later, you asked to see what I looked like. I sent you my senior pictures and you showed me pictures of yours. You aren’t the little shrimp I used to know. And I‘m not the tomboy I once was. You grew up to be a very tall man and I grew up to be a young woman. We grew up… but I know we’ll always stay the way we were as kids because were that much of an impact on each other. I’ll always remember that one night when I called crying because I missed you. “We are family Jazz, not just friends. Promise me that when you look at the moon, know I’m looking there too thinking of you”

 

This letter isn’t enough to say thank you for all the times you stuck by me, lended me a shoulder to cry on, heard my dreams, made me laugh, gave me that hug I’ll never forget and for being the best friend a person could ever have. Just know you’ll always have a special place in my heart and memory.  

 

With all the love I can offer to the friend like you,

 

Jazz



© 2011 ajasminewallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on January 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 19, 2011


Author

ajasminewallflower
ajasminewallflower

Hollister, CA



About
Hey everyone! My name is Jazmine and this is my life in metaphors and beautiful words. You guys probably remember me as Jazmataz. Well, I'm haven't been on here for almost two years and after a.. more..

Writing