A Dangerous Affair Chapter 69

A Dangerous Affair Chapter 69

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Simon and Tom talk

"

Simon suddenly felt like a spare part, standing there alone for the last half an hour. Pippa was engrossed in conversation with Stephanie, Dan had left, and the only other person who had no one to chat to apart from himself was the drunk slumped over the table in the corner! He looked across at whom he assumed was more than just a work partner for Stephanie. He wasn’t entirely sure about that guy but he’d got nothing to lose by trying to talk to him. Besides, he cared about Stephanie and he wanted to check this guy out. With some reservations about the wisdom of approaching him, he moved to the bar next to Tom and ordered another drink.

Taking the beer, he looked sideways at Tom. “Women eh, they never stop chatting. Those two have been at it now for ages,” he said, looking across at Stephanie and Pippa.

Tom didn’t quite know what to make of this guy Simon, but he was Stephie’s friend and he didn’t want to upset things anymore that night.

“Yeah. I guess you’ve lost your drinking buddy tonight eh. You won’t stand a chance getting a word in with them two,” Tom replied.

“Tell me about it!” Simon said, swigging his beer. He hesitated before speaking again but this Tom guy seemed to be okay with him so far. “For what it’s worth, it’s a good thing that Dan left.”

Tom stilled and watched Simon disconcertingly.

Simon continued; he’d gone this far now after all. “I mean, he’s a mate of mine don’t get me wrong, but he wasn’t good for Stephie. I could have wrung his neck when he left her.”

Tom wasn’t sure if he wanted to discuss this with Simon but curiosity got the better of him.

“She hasn’t really mentioned him much to me,” he said, stressing the lack of importance Dan was playing in Stephanie's life, but at the same time hoping that Simon would expand more on the subject.

“Well, they were together a long time ago now but he hurt her a lot. I tried to talk Pippa out of bringing him tonight but once she’s got something in her head there’s no hope of dissuading her.”

Tom nodded.

Simon went on. “I came more than anything to see how she was after the shooting incident I heard about. She says she’s okay but she’d say that even if she wasn’t. You’d know more, has she really recovered from it?” Simon asked.

This guy wasn’t so bad. Tom was a little unsure about whether he saw Stephie as a friend or more, but at least he genuinely seemed concerned for her.

“Well, not completely but the boss here and I,” Brick was sitting not far from them, getting accustomed to the less than prefect whiskey, “are making sure that she steers clear of the dangerous stories from now on. It’s not going to be easy though, she’s damn stubborn when she wants to be.”

Simon nodded and they both took a few more swigs of their beers. Tom was beginning to feel more relaxed with this guy and he spoke again after a while.

“So, this Dan guy, what did he do, you know, to upset Stephie so much?”

Simon rolled his eyes at the thought of it. “He did the usual Dan thing, made her fall for him, messed her around and then pissed off around the world without her.”

“Hmm, well I’ve got to tell you, he isn't my favourite person right now,” Tom replied.

“Join the club,” Simon said.

Tom tentatively put forward the next question. “Did you ever date Stephie?”

Simon looked surprised by the question. “I wish, but no. She was always too engrossed with Dan. And now I fear that someone may have beat me to it again,” he laughed.

Tom frowned for a moment until Simon pointed his beer bottle at him. “You.”

“Oh, yeah. I guess we are dating.”

Simon’s expression abruptly changed. “Hey look, if you’re going to mess her around like Dan you can forget it!”

Tom became suddenly angry. “What do you know about it?”

“I know that I’m seeing that look about her with you like when she was with Dan so if you’re not serious about her tell her, or I will.”

“I’m plenty serious about her!” Tom said defensively.

Simon watched Tom for a while and then answered. “Good.”

“I don’t expect you’re too happy about that though if you’ve got something for her,” Tom said, trying to figure the guy out.

Simon sighed. “Look, I gave up on anything happening between us years ago. I’d just like to see her happy.”

Tom looked surprised and almost impressed. He nodded and finished his beer.

“Hey, are you staying for another one?” he asked, lifting up his empty bottle.

Simon smiled. “Sure, looks like the girls are going to be a while.”

Tom ordered two more beers, two glasses of wine for Stephie and Pippa to be sent across to them and then he shouted across to Brick.

“Hey boss, you want to join us? Another whiskey?” he asked with a grin.

Brick looked at his half empty glass and thought about the WI meeting at home. He shrugged, finished his drink and moved down the bar towards Simon and Tom.



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOl, after all the drinks they oprdered, i'm surprised non eof them are drunk by now! I think Simon and Tom wil get along well, though i was unsure about it at first when Simon revealed he had feeligns for steph before,but they have it in common that they want to see steph happy, they hated dan and they cared for stephanie.


Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. Way to go Tom. Now all that needs to happen is for him and Stephie to actually say they are dating and what not


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011

A Dangerous Affair