A Dangerous Affair Chapter 75

A Dangerous Affair Chapter 75

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Tom's willpower is tested

"
They caught a taxi and throughout most of the journey Stephanie took small swigs out of the whiskey bottle she’d taken out of Tom’s hand. She was on a roll and determinedly unstoppable. Tom joined her but his bottle was the one which Bob had unsuccessfully managed to fill and he soon ran out of whiskey. He was actually quite relieved; he was finding it near on impossible to keep up with her!

Once in his flat Stephanie fell down on his sofa and lay across it, staring up at the ceiling. Tom looked at her and wondered what was going to happen that night. He was torn. On the one hand he very much liked the idea of picking up where they left off in Brick’s office but on the other he reluctantly realised that it wasn’t the best time and he probably wasn’t going to stand a chance of anything happening between them in the state she was in that night anyway. How wrong could he have been?

Moving her legs to one side, he took a seat on the sofa with her. She turned herself around and put her head on his lap, looking up at him.

“Are you going to have your wicked way with me tonight then Tom?” she asked, reaching up and fiddling with his top button.

He looked shocked and wasn’t sure how to answer. “Err, you want to get frisky?” he asked with surprise.

“Yes,” she said, jumping up and kneeling on the sofa next to him, “Let’s get frisky.” She went for his shirt buttons but he grabbed her hands.

“Wait! Something isn’t right.”

She frowned. “What?”

“You never want to get frisky.”

She grinned. “I got frisky tonight in the office, remember?”

He grinned back. “Oh yeah, I remember.” She reached for his shirt again but he blocked her. “But that was different.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Because we were angry and I caught you off guard.”

“So catch me off guard again,” she suggested. He just stared at her, not knowing what to do for the best. “Or I could catch you off guard,” she said, swinging her leg over his lap suddenly and sitting astride him.

“Woa!!!” he exclaimed, moving back from her with a shocked expression. “Stay back tiger or I’ll not be responsible for my actions!”

“Tell you what, I’ll be responsible for them then,” she said, unbuttoning his shirt.

“Oooh, you minx, but no, we can’t,” he insisted, catching her hands after the forth button.

“Ahh, why not?”

He was actually finding it difficult to come up with a reason himself why he couldn’t take to bed the woman that he’d wanted so desperately in his bed for what seemed like an eternity. He tired to clear his head and not think about the feel of her legs around him.

“Because you’re very drunk and I’m pretty drunk and I’m not dealing with you in the morning when you’re hungover and regretting everything!”

She dismissed his comment. “Don’t think about that, let’s just do it.”

“Are you crazy? Why do you want to just do it?”

She jumped up and down on his lap impatiently. “Because I’m in the mood now so now would be a good time.”

“Will you stop doing that, you’re turning me on,” he said, trying to stop her from bouncing.

“Good.” She jumped up and down more.

He grabbed her firmly by the arms. “Stephie, listen to me. Look at me...straight in the eyes.”

She looked at him sheepishly.

“Why are you really doing this?” he asked seriously.

She stopped and her eyes darted away from his.

“Stephie, come on, why?”

She spoke to him with her eyes diverted. “Because it’s easier now,” she admitted.

“Easier?”

“Yes,” she said, fiddling with his shirt sleeve.

“Why?” he asked.

“I don’t know, because I’m more relaxed.”

He looked at her down turned face for a few long moments. “What, so you’ve got to have drunk a bucket full of alcohol to sleep with me?”

She frowned. “No, it’s not that.”

“Well what then?”

She sighed. “You make me nervous sometimes,” she admitted.

“Why?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I get nervous when I think about doing the ‘s’ thing with you,” she said blushing.

He laughed. “Why do you get nervous Stephie?”

“You know why. Stop looking at me like that,” she said, covering her face with her hands.

He watched her thoughtfully. “You know your problem? You’ve spent so long trying to fight me off that you don’t know how to turn that around.”

She slowly removed her hands. “Maybe. I just get all,” she tried to think of the word, “jittery when it gets to that kind of situation with you and I want to run. I’m afraid that we’ll never do it,” she said.

“Hey, jittery isn’t a bad thing you know. In fact it’s really sexy. I love the way I can make you all jittery,” he grinned. “Besides, this thing between us can only come to one conclusion. It’s just a matter of time.”

“Well okay, let’s cut out the matter of time and do it now,” she suggested.

He groaned, not able to believe that he was actually trying to put her off. “Stephie, I’ve wanted this for as long as I can remember but if we do it now I’d be letting you down. I’d be letting us both down. Because this is way more than just a roll in the hay.”

“It is?” she asked.

He frowned. “Yes, it is. For me it is!”

“And for me. And it is for you?” she asked again.

“Of course it is. What, you think I’d be sitting here arguing about taking you to bed if it wasn’t?”

Her face lit up. “So okay we both feel the same. Now can we do it?”

He laughed. “NO!”

She grinned. “Oh go on, please.”

“No, now it’s time for bed.”

“Great.”

He looked at her suspiciously. “No Stephie, I mean time to sleep.” What the hell was he saying! But no, he had to stick to his guns on this.

“Okay,” she said, jumping off his lap. “I’ll go and warm the bed up.”

“Hmm, maybe I should sleep on here,” he said on second thoughts.

“Noooo, it’d be way too uncomfortable on there,” she said, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him up. “Come on Tom, come sleep in bed with me.”

Once he was standing, before he knew it she had his remaining buttons undone and was peeling off his shirt.

“God damn it Stephie, behave yourself!”

“Mmm,” she said, running her hands over his chest. He closed his eyes and clenched his hands in an attempt at resistance.

“Come on, let’s go to bed,” she said, and he was finally able to breathe when she moved away from him.

She stopped at the lounge door and threw him a seductive look over her shoulder. “I’m going to get in your bed now Tom,” she called, “don’t be long.”

What the hell was he going to do now? He couldn’t sleep on the sofa, she was right it was way too uncomfortable he convinced himself. Well it wasn’t as if he hadn’t handled a few overly enthusiastic women before. Hmm, but not an overly enthusiastic Stephie. He didn’t stand a chance! Okay, but she’d had a huge amount to drink so she’d probably be asleep soon. He’d wait until she was asleep and then he’d get into his bed.

“Tom,” she called from the other room. “I’m taking my clothes off!”

He ran a hand through his hair in utter frustration.

“Now I’m completely naked!” she called again. He groaned and tugged at his hair, shutting his eyes tightly and trying desperately to block that image out of his head.

“Now I’m getting into your bed!” she called once more.

He began to pace the lounge, repeating to himself, “I’m not doing it! I’m not doing it!”

After a while she went quiet and he tiptoed into his bedroom, seeking her through the darkness. She was lying on her back, strangely still but with her eyes still open. He quickly stripped off his trousers and slid into the bed beside her. He turned to look at her and realised that her eyes were glistening with unshed tears that she was trying to keep in check. He reached for her but she shied away.

“Stephie, what’s wrong?” he asked.

“I couldn’t even do it,” she said, “I’m still half dressed.”

He smiled and lifted the bed clothes. “You got down to your underwear, that’s pretty impressive.”

She pulled the bedclothes down. “What’s wrong with me?” she asked. “I’m all het up and tense and cold! Not like all the other people in the office who are normal. I’m like an iceberg,” she announced.

He laughed and pulled her over to him, wrapping his arms around her. “Stephie, you are the warmest, hottest, most sizzling woman I have ever met in my entire life! And between us...woa! It’s an inferno! Even those jerks in the office can see that.”

“I thought that you didn’t want me after all,” she said quietly.

He laughed loudly. “God, if only you knew! You’ve been very lucky tonight that I didn’t run in here after you and make sure that you did take everything off! You just wait, the very moment that we are both sober I’m going be doing everything I can to get the rest of these clothes off!” he laughed. “And no doubt you’ll be doing your best to keep them on. But don’t be anxious about us Stephie, because you and me, we’re magic together.”

She smiled.

“And you may be jittery the first time, I sure as hell know that I will be, but that’s only because there’s so much between us. All that magic makes people jittery.” He smiled and kissed her cheek, watching her fall asleep. Moments later he whispered, “I love you Stephie.”               


© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

forth-fourth. If only he would have tol her when she was sober that he loved her! Lol, that was kind of funy that the roles had changed!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Way to go Tom. I am so impressed with him. Bet Stephie won't even realize whatt has happened but still wayto go Tom.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

679 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 19, 2011

A Dangerous Affair