Ch. 4- Nightmare

Ch. 4- Nightmare

A Chapter by Amber Daniel

Days Missing: 5      1:10:36 AM

 

Zane

"No!"

I'm gasping for air. I jolt up in my bed, my hands grasping at thin air. I get a hold of my surroundings, my mind slipping back into reality. The sheets are soaked with sweat and my body is racked with shakes. I try to catch my breath. This happens every night now, and every night, it's the same nightmare.

 I'm in a room. There are no doors or windows. It’s dark, and the air is damp, as if underground. The walls are made of some kind of brick, the floor of concrete. I look around and I am alone.

 Suddenly, I see her standing there, ripped clothes hanging off her shoulders, dirt smeared on her face. Blood slowly drips down the side of her face. There are scratches on her chest.

She looks at me, pure fear swimming in her eyes. I try to go to her, but my feet are frozen in place. Her gaze slowly turns from me to something else. I follow her gaze, and there's a man standing there in the shadows. There’s something about him that seems…familiar. His tall figure and dark hair remind me of someone. Someone from my past. He looks at me with red eyes, pure evil seeping from them, baring his teeth. He smirks, evil tugging at the corner of his thin lips, and then turns toward Alexandria, prowling towards her. She starts screaming my name.

"Zane! Zane please help me! “

I tug at my legs, but they won't budge. Her scream splits my ears and my heart in two. I stand there, helpless, as the man reaches her and grabs her tiny arms, her screams ringing in my head. Tears fall down my face as he overcomes her. I scream at him to stop.

Then I wake up.   

Tossing the sheets onto the floor, I throw my legs over the side. Putting my face in my hands, I try to gather myself. It doesn't work. I finally break down, bursting into tears. Questions begin filling my head.

Why wasn't I strong enough?

Why couldn't I save her?

Why did they take her?

Are they hurting her?

Is she alive?

All my emotions come spilling out of me, and I scream at the wall, clenching my fists. I fall to my knees, tears falling down my face. Why can’t I find her? She’s been gone for five days. Everyone has been searching everywhere. We’ve been going to hideouts and asking other gangs if they know anything. Why can’t I find her? I grab the nearest object and throw it at the wall. It crashes into pieces, along with my heart.

I hear something light drop to the floor. I turn my head and catch a glimpse of gold. It’s the necklace.

Her necklace.

 I reach for it, my arms feeling like lead. I stare at the charm. I bring it to my face and clasp it around my neck. The tiny metal feels cold against my hot skin. Sleep suddenly cascading over me like a blanket; I crawl back into bed, turning onto my side. I close my eyes, and her image fills my mind. My tense body finally relaxes, with thoughts of her to put me asleep.



© 2013 Amber Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don’t have much to say after this chapter, the story seems to be moving forward.

I’m worried about Zane, I’m not sure I understand why he’s laying in bed feeling sorry for himself when he could be out doing something.

It occurs to me, has anyone called the police and reported Alexandria kidnapped? I can’t find any reference to any police investigation. You say that, “Everyone has been searching everywhere.” but that’s telling, not showing.

Other then that, don’t really have much to say after this chapter. Well don, cheers.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amber Daniel

10 Years Ago

lol well he's laying in bed cuz it's 1:00 in the morning. and there's a reason why police aren't inv.. read more
Alleyway Rover

10 Years Ago

Okay, fair enough, let me rephrase the question. Why tell us about Zane at 1:00am as opposed to ear.. read more
You're exploring your character's psyche very well. The trauma they'd go through in this situation would do crazy things to them, and you're writing about it really well. You've written a fantastic story here!

Posted 10 Years Ago


OMG!!! This is absolutely amazing! I love that you showed this in Zane POV:) I hope he finds her and kills that evil man! Tortures him idc! I can't wait to see his reaction if he finds her. I'm wondering will he find her dead? Alive? So many questions!!! Great job I absolutely love this!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: action, romance, angst, drama, adventure, love, erotica, mature, chaos, disaster, dark, gangs, violence, smut, abuse, emotional, emotionalviolence, emotionalromance, relationship, family, fighting


Author

Amber Daniel
Amber Daniel

Iowa Park, TX



About
Just an amateur writer who's hoping to be heard someday. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amber Daniel