Blue

Blue

A Chapter by Amber Daniel

Days Missing: 15                                           4:11:57 PM

 

Alexandria

 I sit in a corner, my back pressed against the wall. Aiden and Lex sit together in the distance, laughing quietly and poking each other like children. I catch myself smirking as Lex punches Aiden playfully, and Aiden slaps his leg. Lex looks at me, and I smile, receiving a kind smile back. I sit there, continuing to watch the two boys patronize each other, trying to keep their spirits from drowning in a sea of depression. Lex's blue T-shirt is now stained with grime and blood. Blue. That's such a nice color. My mind slips into a memory, and I lay my head against the wall, letting it swallow me whole.

"Just hold still." he says, traces of a smile leaking through his voice. I squirm underneath his fingertips. They brush my shoulders lightly, making my skin tingle. A door opens. We stop moving, and he removes his hand from my eyes. "Ok," he says. "Open your eyes." I do and take in the sight.

It's a room. A bed sits in the middle of it. Brand new white sheets rest on it. The walls have been painted a lovely blue. A vase of fresh flowers sets on a bedside table.

"Lucas said we could use it." A mischievous smirk crawls across his lips as he strokes my neck with his finger. I sigh contentedly. Finally, a place where we can be alone. No more diving into the nearest closet or sneaking into the kitchen when everyone else is in the living room.

"Iris picked the flowers, and Saxon swiped the sheets from some hotel." he says. "Everyone helped paint it. We didn't know what color to use, but Iris said you loved blue." I do. The color of the sky, the color of freedom. The color of a beautiful dream. A smile breaks across my face, and I stride across the room, plopping down on the bed. It sinks under my weight, enveloping me. It feels like a soft cloud. A thought suddenly crosses my mind. "But where is Miren going to sleep?" I ask. This was the room that he and Zane shared together. Zane grins, the matter obviously already settled. "He convinced Lucas to let him share his room." I feel my face becoming red. I didn't want anyone to get kicked out of their room because of us.

Seeming to read my mind, Zane walks over and sits on the bed next to me. "Don't worry." He says. "It was his idea. I look up at him. "Really? I say. "Yeah," he continues. "He thought it was unfair that Saxon and Iris got their own room, and we didn't." His finger starts playing with my hair. "But that's different," I retort. "Saxon didn't share his room with anyone."

Tired of me babbling, he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me down with him. The bed bounces from our sudden movement. "Shut up." he whispers, leaning in. My stomach flutters with butterflies. "But..." That's the only words that escapes my lips before he silences me with a deep kiss.

"Alexandria." a voice invades my thoughts, and my eyes snap open. It's Aiden. He leans over me, hands propped on his knees. I turn my head to look past him, and Lex is standing in the middle of the room, fists clenched. Someone else stands there.

It's Lennox.

My heart is suddenly beating very fast. I stand up quickly. Aiden steps in front of me, blocking me from Lennox. I look around. Roan isn't there.

"What do you want?" Lex demands through gritted teeth. His body arches like a wolf preparing to spring. Lennox does something I didn’t expect. He raises his hands up to his chest, palms outward in defense. The words that come out of his mouth are even more unexpected.

 

"I'm here to help you escape."



© 2013 Amber Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This scene with Aiden and Lex playing with each other to keep their spirits up; I want to believe it. There’s something beautiful about the idea of these captured kids doing the the things kids do in order to keep themselves sane. But, to do that, I need more. I need to know more about Lex and Aiden. I need the scene to play out. How it started, exactly what they said to each other. How the mood lifted and everyone enjoyed the briefest moment of frivolity. Right now you’re telling me how everyone is suddenly happy, but you need to show me.

The jump into the memory is kind of jarring:
“"Just hold still." he says, traces of a smile leaking through his voice.”
Who is he? Who are we talking about? I eventually figure out, of course, that it’s Zane, but right here it’s confusing.

“His body arches like a wolf preparing to spring.”
What your describing sounds more cat-like to me. Not sure what image you are going for.

Interesting twist at the end, I look forward to seeing how that fits into the rest of the story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow!!!, That surprised the hell outa me!:) But I'm happy! This is a really good chapter:) Off to read more!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I was quite surprised before when we jumped a week forward and didn't know what happened to Alex during that time, but I suppose it was really the same routine as previously. An unexpected twist in this chapter, great hook again. Well done, I can't wait to see what you have in store to end this story.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: action, romance, angst, drama, adventure, love, erotica, mature, chaos, disaster, dark, gangs, violence, smut, abuse, emotional, emotionalviolence, emotionalromance, relationship, family


Author

Amber Daniel
Amber Daniel

Iowa Park, TX



About
Just an amateur writer who's hoping to be heard someday. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amber Daniel