Revenge Is Sweet

Revenge Is Sweet

A Chapter by Amber Daniel

 

Days Missing: 16      11:02:15 PM

 

Roan

I wake up. My hands are bound tightly behind my back, and I’m sitting on the hard ground. I suck at my lip, and I taste blood. Blurry faces stare back at me. One has something raised to me. A gun. My gun.

It’s Alexandria.

“You son of a b***h.” She growls through gritted teeth.

My tongue laps at the blood trickling down my lip. Someone tall stands beside her, fists clenched.

It’s Lex.

“You’re going to pay, you m**********r!” His eyes are wild with anger, thundering with revenge. Reminds me of myself.

“Is this really what you wanted?” the voice belongs to Zane. I feel my lips pull over my teeth in a growl.

“Two boys lie dead tonight because of you!” he jabs a finger at two bodies lying on the ground. I look at the tall one with dark hair. I remember hiring him. He wasn’t a very fast learner.

“It’s me you wanted! Nobody had to die!” Zane is raising his voice.

When I don’t respond, he strides over to me. He wraps his fingers around my throat, pulling me to my feet then slamming me hard against the tree.

“I should f*****g kill you right now.” He says through gritted teeth.

I can’t help but laugh. “Like you did Chandler?” I say menacingly.

His eyes widen, and I grin.

“Roan, you m**********r. I didn’t kill him on purpose! Why can’t you f*****g see that?” he shouts. “You know as well as anybody that I don’t have the guts to purposely kill someone! Unlike the monster that you are!”

A wave of anger flashes over me.

“He was like my brother! I loved him! He took care of me when nobody else gave a s**t! He was all I had, and you took him from me!”

I bare my teeth at him, growling. This doesn’t seem to scare him.

“So you f*****g take the only person I care about from me? Even when she didn’t have s**t to do with it?” he shouts.

“You took the only person I cared about from me!” I roar. “I took her because I wanted you to feel the emptiness that I felt! That I still feel!”

Zane’s eyes dance with anger, locked on mine.

But I’m not done.

“You don’t even realize the pain I went through when Chandler died! I felt so empty. I’d lost the only person I’d ever really loved. And I wanted you to suffer the way I did.”

I suck in air through my teeth angrily.

“You b*****d.” He growls.

 “I wanted you to go through hell wondering where she was. I knew you’d come looking for her. Then when you found her, when you found me, I was going to kill you.”

Zane growls, his face inches from mine.

“It was too perfect.” I snarl. “Taking her was the perfect way to avenge Chandler.”

Zane bares his teeth, his fingers still around my neck.

I smirk. “Not to mention she was fun to play with.”

Zane clocks me hard across my jaw, and I spit out blood. I straighten back up, laughing. “Oh come on, didn’t your mommy teach you to share your toys?”

Zane was about to deck me again, but someone else cuts him off.

“How f*****g dare you.” Alexandria growls, the gun still pointed at me. He eyes flicker with such anger, the gash on her cheek making her ten times more menacing, ten times more threatening.

She walks up to me, maliciously slow.

“You f*****g b*****d! Is this a f*****g game to you? You think killing Zane would fix everything? Did you think it would bring Chandler back! Do you even realize what we all went through? I woke up every day, wondering if I was going to see Zane again, wondering if I was going to see my sister again, wondering if I was even going to f*****g live! Every time you laid your f*****g hands on me, I wanted to die. Every time I went to sleep, I saw your face, haunting me. You made me feel like f*****g trash! I woke up almost every night screaming, and Aiden was always there to comfort me.”

Tears begin to fall down her cheeks and her voice trembles. I then realize that Aiden meant more to her than I thought.

“He was always there. Always. And now, because you’re a f*****g monster, I’ll never see him again!” She shouts, tears running down her face.

“They didn’t even know me, and yet they took care of me. They protected me.” Her voice begins to lower.


My eyes dart to Lex, who’s staring at the ground, tears trickling down his face.

I look back at Alexandria.

She closes the distance between us.

“You’re a f*****g monster. Do you get a kick out of raping girls?” she presses the barrel of the gun to my jawline.

“Did you get a kick out of raping Aiden?” she hisses, her voice barely above a whisper.

My eyes fall to the small boy lying on the ground. He looks so frail in the moonlight.

I here Lex growl, but he stays back, seeming to let Alexandria keep control.

“Yeah, we’re not stupid. Taking him out all the time, and he’d come back with a new gash, new bruises, just like me. Do you even f*****g realize how badly you scarred him? But he always kept his head held high. He always put on a brave face for me and Lex. You’ll never f*****g know how much of a fighter he really was. He greeted me every morning with a smile, even though he was going through s**t. Lex looked up to him! He was like a brother to him! And you f*****g took that away from him!”

She’s shaking now, anger filling up her body. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her finger tighten on the trigger. My heart starts thumping.

“You don’t even deserve to f*****g live.”

 

There’s a bang,

 

And everything goes black.



© 2013 Amber Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the idea of switching the perspective around for this one chapter, I really do. I think there are enormous possibilities to explore the villain’s motivations and his psychopathy. There could be an opportunity for redemption or justice if you so chose. The possibilities for a really compelling final confrontation are immense.

But I really don’t see any of that here. I’m afraid I see the same problems that I see with your other characters. He’s just kinda flat.

For one we really don’t get any information we didn’t already have. We knew that revenge against Zane was the biggest factor, so there was really nothing new there. As for the rapes, we don’t have any explanation (not that anything would justify something that heinous).

A good villain is something that we can relate to on some twisted level. That person represents the darker side of ourselves and shoves things in our faces that we might not like to admit about ourselves. We don’t often root for a good villain, but we understand a good villain.

Posted 10 Years Ago


An interesting turn of events, after everything they've been through. Great chapter again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yeah!!! I love this chapter!!! I almost cried for all their pain and suffering:( Really touching chapter! Great job:)!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: action, romance, angst, drama, adventure, love, erotica, mature, chaos, disaster, dark, gangs, violence, smut, abuse, emotional, emotionalviolence, emotionalromance, relationship, family


Author

Amber Daniel
Amber Daniel

Iowa Park, TX



About
Just an amateur writer who's hoping to be heard someday. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amber Daniel