Renegade

Renegade

A Chapter by Amber Daniel

Days Missing: 15                                           4:52:59 PM

 

Alexandria

The three of us stare at him, shocked. Lennox stares back, his blue eyes telling the truth. "Listen to me." He takes a step forward. Lex doesn't lower his guard one degree. Aiden shifts his weight in front of me, and I peak over his shoulder. Tension fills the air. Lennox takes another step.

 A step too close.

 In a split second, Lennox is lying on the ground, coughing out blood. Lex straightens up, rubbing his knuckles, which were now purpling from the blow. In front of me, Aiden grips my wrist, telling me to stay through his tensed body.

 "Wait!" Lennox covers his face with his arm as Lex begins closing the small distance between them.

"Zane is looking for Alexandria!"

My heart begins to thump and I suddenly feel light headed. "Lex stop!" I shout. He reluctantly obeys. He squats down and grabs a fistful of Lennox's hair, forcing his head back. I push Aiden out of my way and stride over to them.

 I stand over Lennox, glaring. "How do you know?" I demand. My brain is beginning to rattle inside of my skull, and I grind my teeth to calm it. Lennox wipes the blood from his lips. "They were seen in the Alley.

They.

My heart still pounding furiously inside my chest, I kneel down beside Lex, who still has a hold on Lennox. "One of the gangs who works for us saw them, and told Roan." My head is racing.

Zane's looking for me.

 "I was there,” he continues, eyes locked on mine. “There was a fight. They didn't stand a chance."

No.

"They captured one of them.”

 My breath quickens, anger growing in my stomach. They are my family. If anyone ever hurts them, I'll f*****g kill them.

"Who did they take?" I growl.

"I...I don't know..." he stutters.

I grab a fistful of his shirt and tug him towards me.

"Who the f**k did they take!" I scream.

Lennox trembles under my grip.

Just then the door opens, and a body is tossed in, a sickening thud as it collides with the ground. It lies crumpled on the floor. Long brown hair matted with blood flows around thin shoulders. My heart drops and I rush over to the lifeless body. They’re barely breathing. The color in the skin is gone. Their arm is covered in blood, and a gash snakes sickeningly up the arm. One of her beautiful blue eyes is ringed with another gash. My breath rattles and my hands begin to shake.

 

It's Iris.



© 2013 Amber Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good scene for the most part. Lots of action complete with rising tension really add punch to this part of the story.

The part that makes no sense to me is Lennox. Nevermind why he is there, that is a question that can be answered in the falling action when everyone and everything has chilled out a bit. Right now I wanna know how he is there.

Namely, there are obviously other people in this basement or whatever it is, they just tossed Iris in. Nobody saw him go in? When they tossed Iris in, nobody looked inside and ask themselves, ‘Hey. What is HE doing here?”

Something about his physically being there doesn’t add up at this point.

But that’s about it. Good scene.

Posted 10 Years Ago


She must be really surprised that it's Iris, and it probably makes her wanna break out even more for her little sister. This is another great chapter:)!

Posted 10 Years Ago


You really do have a knack for thriller writing. You should write more stories like this! You're very talented at it. The revelations that keep getting hurled out as the end of the story gets closer are fantastic.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: action, romance, angst, drama, adventure, love, erotica, mature, chaos, disaster, dark, gangs, violence, smut, abuse, emotional, emotionalviolence, emotionalromance, relationship, family


Author

Amber Daniel
Amber Daniel

Iowa Park, TX



About
Just an amateur writer who's hoping to be heard someday. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amber Daniel