Promise

Promise

A Chapter by Amber Daniel

Days Missing: 0      1:46:10 AM           

 

Alexandria

Zane carries me into our room, shutting the door with his back. The others are scattered throughout the house, tending to each other’s wounds. As soon as we got home, Miren tended to Iris, cleaning her wound, knowing more about deep cuts then I did.

It all had seemed to happen in slow motion. Roan’s body lay crumpled on the ground, the gun in my hand, smoking. I stared down at his limp figure, feeling no remorse. Everything was even now.

I stood there, the anger leaking out from my body, leaving me empty. Completely empty. I had no strength left. It was strange, but the moment I pulled that trigger, the moment Roan was dead, the gash on my cheek stopped burning. I don’t know what happened to Lennox. After I killed Roan, he just disappeared. Eneko tried to take Xander down, but the little s**t wriggled out from underneath our fingertips, disappearing into the darkness.

Zane carefully lays me on the bed. I wince at his touch. His eyes trail my damaged body, taking in the bruises and cuts dotting almost every inch of my skin. He traces the one tenderly on my cheek with his finger. It trails from my eye to my jawline. It's deep. It'll probably be a scar. He looks at me, sorrow filling his eyes. "I'm going to take away your pain now." he whispers, leaning over me. "I promise."

With this promise, I surrender to him. My body starts aching with a new pain. A starvation.  A thirst that only Zane could quench. His hands roam my body, lingering at every curve. He kisses me gently, carefully. He kisses away the tears on my cheeks. My body quivers with every touch. His breath trembles, and he begins gently removing the layers between us, working his fingers into the thin fabric that was my shirt, peeling it free of my hot skin. I lie there motionless, completely emotionally drained. My body is still racked from the shock of Aiden’s death. And the boy’s. Zane said his name was Knox. He was so young. He helped Zane and the others find us, and Roan wiped him out without batting an eye.

 Aiden’s blank eyes staring into mine while he laid there covered in blood will forever haunt me. His last words, his dying wish keeps ringing in my ears.

Please take care of Lex for me.

We took Lex back with us. The others took to him kindly, taking care of him as if he was their own, just like those many years ago, when they took me and Iris in. Channing seemed to have taken a liking to him. He’s one of us now. He’ll be safe here. We’ll guard him with our lives. I know I will.

 I lay there, all my strength being driven out by that beast. Zane grips my arms, pinning me down. But not like Roan did. What Zane is doing to me is out of love, not evil. And I need him to do this. I need his touch. His reassurance. Reassurance that everything will be finally alright.

I lie there, letting him drink me in. I kiss him tenderly, passionately. My fingers tangle into his hair, while he intertwines our fingers together. His kisses are deep, like ravines filled with water. His tongue plunges into my mouth hungrily, tasting me. It’s as if he’d been cut off from morphine for too long, and now, finally, being allowed to take the drug again. His breathing increases as he tastes every inch of my damaged body. Our naked bodies move together like dancers, one completely in sync with the other. There's a fire surging in my stomach, reaching out through my body, scorching my fingertips.

Seeing that I'm at the edge, Zane places a hand on each of my inner thighs, and spreads my legs apart, inching himself in between. With a grunt, he pushes himself inside me slowly, and my body arches under his. Throwing my head back, I gasp for air. Something hurts, and I begin to whimper. He holds me closer, trying to distract me by littering kisses on my neck and chest. Still gasping, I reach up and cup his face, pulling him up to mine, and kiss him passionately. He’s been away from me for too long.

 He starts grinding, slowly at first. He's being gentle with me. But I don't need gentle. I need attention. I tell him this through my body and kisses. Understanding me, he begins thrusting, faster and faster. His knees dig into the bed, his hips moving back and forth. I wrap my legs around his back, suddenly finding the strength to meet his thrusts.

The fire in my stomach is growing, and I'm about to explode. He has me screaming his name with every thrust. A name, up until now, that I’ve only been able to whisper in my mind. Both of our bodies are slicked with sweat. My hands grip his arms desperately, nails digging into his skin. Our bodies begin to tremble, and we grunt like animals. Unable to contain it any longer, I finally release, surrendering completely. He comes soon after, long and hard, as if all the fear, worry, desperation to find me was bottled up inside him, and he was emptying it all inside of me, filling me up to the very brim. My dry soul is finally being quenched of its thirst. The sensation is overwhelming. Beautifully overwhelming.

Something wet falls onto my cheek. I look up at him and tears are falling down his face. One falls onto my lips, and I lick it away with my tongue. The pain from my body has leaked into his face, emotions finally overcoming him. He can't imagine what I went through, and I can't imagine what he went through. Staying up until all hours of the night, wondering if I was still alive. Constantly quarreling with the others, demanding why they hadn't found me yet. Not being able to sleep, knowing that someone besides him was touching my body. He went through just as much trauma as I did, and tonight, both of us surrender to each other, giving one another's pain to the other. We were cruelly and unjustly separated by evil, and finally, after sixteen long days, brought back together by love. Tonight we have found each other again. Tonight, we are one again.

Afterwards, he carefully pulls himself out and collapses right beside me. Panting, he rubs his hands on his face roughly, wiping away the tears and worry from it. His breath finally slowing, he rolls onto his side, tenderly stroking my shoulder. "Everything's going to be alright. I promise." I stare up at the ceiling, unblinking, listening to his voice. It's smooth and low, flowing through my body like water. His finger finds the gash on my cheek again, tracing it lightly. "I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. No one's ever going to take you away from me again." I just lie there, breathing in his promises. I let it wash over me, and my chest heaves, letting out a huge sigh, letting go of everything.

His arms wrap around me and pull me into his body. His bare chest is warm pressed against me. It's soothing. My eyes become heavy, sleep about to take me over and take away all my fears. He shifts his weight onto his elbow. His hands reach up to something hanging from his neck. I didn’t notice it until now. He unclasps it. He pulls my hair away from my neck, lifting my head gently, and clasps the necklace around my neck, the bird charm glistening.

I feel the rest of my worries disappear as my promise to my mother is back around my neck.

Kissing me on the cheek, kissing away the last of my tears, he then whispers in my ear.

"I promise."

-End-



© 2013 Amber Daniel


Author's Note

Amber Daniel
So I can't take all the credit for this brilliant idea. My friend helped me come up with everything, and I owe all of it to her. I would NOT have been able to make this story without her. I thoroughly enjoyed writing every page, every sentence, every word. I hope I can make another story that I'm equally proud of very soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A fantastic ending! I knew that someone had to die, other than the antagonists. I'm just sad it was Aiden. I'd have been sad no matter who it was though. A fantastic ending, you definately have a talent for thriller/drama writing. I'd like to see you tackle a different story of the same genre, see what else you come up with. I completely enjoyed this story and you are an excellent writer. Well done, seriously fantastic!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amber Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for all your great comments! I really enjoy writing, and this was my first thrille.. read more



Reviews

I just don’t buy the idea that after spending two weeks being beaten and sexually abused that Alexandria would be open to any sort of sexual contact, even from Zane. The intense physical discomfort alone probably makes this impossible not to mention that rape causes some serious emotional scars and makes intimacy difficult to put that in the mildest possible terms. I understand this piece has some romantic trappings and I also understand that those trappings aren’t always realistic. I also understand that you want to have the reunion moment between the two lovers, but I don’t think a lot of people would go along with this.

Think about other ways you can show the processes of repairing the relationship between these two.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A fantastic ending! I knew that someone had to die, other than the antagonists. I'm just sad it was Aiden. I'd have been sad no matter who it was though. A fantastic ending, you definately have a talent for thriller/drama writing. I'd like to see you tackle a different story of the same genre, see what else you come up with. I completely enjoyed this story and you are an excellent writer. Well done, seriously fantastic!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amber Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for all your great comments! I really enjoy writing, and this was my first thrille.. read more
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I'm so glad she got her necklace back. I'm so happy for her! I've really enjoyed your writing:) This has been really fantastic, and enjoyable:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amber Daniel

10 Years Ago

I'm so very glad you enjoyed it :) I thoroughly enjoyed writing the story. Hopefully I can come up w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: action, romance, angst, drama, adventure, love, erotica, mature, chaos, disaster, dark, gangs, violence, smut, abuse, emotional, emotionalviolence, emotionalromance, relationship, family


Author

Amber Daniel
Amber Daniel

Iowa Park, TX



About
Just an amateur writer who's hoping to be heard someday. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amber Daniel