Ch. 10- Unbreakable

Ch. 10- Unbreakable

A Chapter by Amber Daniel

Days Missing: 7                                           12:30:05 AM

 

Zane                       

My hands are shaking. The vase I threw at the wall lies shattered on the floor, water everywhere.

Today was unsuccessful, just like they day before, and the day before that. We’ve been searching everywhere, trying to find clues as to who took her. Lucas believes it’s another gang, one that keeps themselves hidden well. But that’s not much to go on given that there’s obviously a motive. She’s been missing for seven days, with no signs of being dead. The place where we live is sketchy, and whenever someone crosses paths with another gang, their body shows up in a ditch somewhere. But Alexandria hasn’t shown up, so that makes us all think that there is a reason why they took her. We’ve spent so many days trying to find out who it is. It’s like we’re groping blindly in the dark. We don’t know who we’re looking for, and we’re getting nowhere close to finding Alexandria. My thoughts are running wild, like animals in the night.

“Zane.” A firm voice knocks at my door. “Let me in.”

I get up off my knees and stroll to the door, opening it. Saxon walks through quietly, and sits on my bed. He looks me up and down, examining me. There’s pity in his eyes. “Sit.” He commands, jabbing a finger into a spot right beside him. I obey. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I lean over, putting my face in my hands.

“Listen to me, we’re getting closer, I can feel it.” He says, his voice strong, like it always has been.

I wait for him to continue, but he doesn’t. Instead, he takes my wrists and removes them from my face, tugging them, forcing me to look at him. “We’re going to find her,” he says, his voice steady and firm.  “Whatever it takes.” I blink, and something sparks in the pit of my stomach. Courage.

Saxon keeps his eyes locked on mine and I am unable to look away. “Iris is falling to pieces,” he continues. “And I can’t stand to see her like that.”

I know this is true. She doesn’t show it on the outside, being strong and putting on a brave face for everyone, like always. But Saxon reads her like brail. He can tell something’s wrong when even her own sister couldn’t. He’s always been able to understand her better than she understands herself.

His gaze his steady, unwavering. He has this determination in his eyes. When he gets that look, he doesn’t back down. He’s always been good at fighting for his friends, fighting for me. I get my good traits from him.       

“Tomorrow we’ll change our tactics, make a completely different plan of action. We’re going to the Alley. I know other gangs will be there, and they’ll have to know something as to who took Alexandria. We should’ve done that from the start instead of searching blindly. I know it’s dangerous, but I’m tired of us being too scared to fight for her.  I’m not letting us sit around and sulk anymore. We’re not letting her down.”

He’s always been good at taking charge, another quality I’ve always looked up to.

“I don’t want you dying over me.” I protest.

A flash of anger scorches his eyes, and he roughly takes my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him.

“You’re my brother.” He says, voice rumbling deep inside his chest. “I would do anything for you, even give my life.”

This strikes me in the heart like a knife, and I blink away tears. I then realize that I’m not alone in this. Everyone has my back.

Alexandria isn’t alone either. We’re not letting her down again. We’ll fight to the death for her. We’re her family, and we’re coming for her.



© 2013 Amber Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really don’t have anything to add to this chapter except the same concern that we, the readers, are being kept completely away from the investigations. I’ve already mentioned it at least twice, so I won’t go too far into it this time.
Other then that everything still seems fairly solid.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's interesting how, as the mystery of the story is slowly peeled away, the story becomes less like a thriller and more of a family drama. Very good writing. I still hope there are some surprises left though!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love how your showing them all coming together showing what they'd do for each other:)! IT's really amazing!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: action, romance, angst, drama, adventure, love, erotica, mature, chaos, disaster, dark, gangs, violence, smut, abuse, emotional, emotionalviolence, emotionalromance, relationship, family, fighting


Author

Amber Daniel
Amber Daniel

Iowa Park, TX



About
Just an amateur writer who's hoping to be heard someday. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amber Daniel


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amber Daniel