Chapter Eight- Step Two, Mislead The Agent

Chapter Eight- Step Two, Mislead The Agent

A Chapter by The Doctor

18 September 2010
I park the Cadillac on the street and lean my head back, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.
"You're still not done yet."
"I know; John. I still have to think about how to do it without setting off a bunch of bells and whistles."
With that comment my phone rings, I look at it and see it's him.
"Speaking of the angel."
"Hello John."
"Hey Jack. I just had a break through on the case, Copy Kat left a piece of black natrile behind."
I feel my heart stop and my throat tighten... A piece of my glove...
"Where did you find it?" I force out.
"It was caught in the trigger of the pistol. Just my luck," he chuckles.
Not mine.
"What have you done with it?"
"Sent it to the lab. They said it should take until tomorrow."
Good. Gives me time to work out a plan to break in.
"Well good luck John."
"Thank you."
I hang up and throw my phone on the seat.
"F**K! F**K! F*****G A!!!" I slam the steering wheel and kick the floor in frustration.
"I told you to be careful. You should've looked at his hands closer."
"Well I didn't think a f*****g hit man would have a defective gun!"
"Well you still should have paid attention."
"F**K OFF!"
I get out of the car, not paying attention, and the door goes missing.
"WHAT THE F**K!"
I kick the car and watch the door skid over the curb. I walk over to get the door, throwing it into the alley way. Strut to my car and open the door. I take my seat and take another deep breath and slam the steering wheel. 
How the hell can something that small happen? I mean it can't be that big of a piece right? Guess I'll find out when I get to the lab tonight.
"Get back to the hospital and do some work there. Then we can leave tonight."
"I said shut up. I know what I am going to do. So why don't you crawl into your little cave and leave me the f**k alone!"
...Silence...
I start the car, back up and return to my house. Going inside I go into my room and strip down to my underwear and just go into a whole work out session. Crunches, push ups, so on. Pain and sweat building up. My mind repeating- work, don't stop. Keep going. More pain. Don't stop. More.
I went on for hours and hours. Before I knew it, the sun was gone and everything hurt. My body throbbing all over. It's going to be have to be soon.
Shower. Dress into a suit. Car. FBI office. Get in. Get rid of the glove.
"Now you need to calm down." Edward said softly, approaching with caution.
I don't say anything, just breathing. Careful on what to say. I look in the mirror and straighten up my tie. John dresses opposite me. White shirt and kinda light suits. Usually white or tan. Tie is black or navy blue. 
"Remind me to pay more attention when I'm in a better mood."
FBI H.Q.- Boston 
I go in through the front door and the guard greets me, well John, by first name. I slip my leather gloves on and continue down stairs to the lab. I find the electrical box with the breakers labeled for the cameras. And lights out. I continue down the hall untilI fins the door. The door is opened with the lock picks. Once in I look into the inbox of evidence, and right there on top is the package stating COPY KAT CASE: DOCET # 7212835. ITEM: PARTIAL OF BLACK NITRILE GLOVE. JOB NEEDED: DNA TESTING. Time to remove it. I stuff it into my pocket and walk out, re-locking the door and and resetting the breakers. Then it's walking out. The guard stops me.
"Where were you?"
S**t.
"I went to the bathroom and then my office." I wait.
"Alright. Enjoy your night."
No cameras on office floors? No questions keep going. I go to my car and sit with a sigh of relief. It really can't be that easy. It was too easy. I feel like I'm missing something big...I got all the cameras...No prints...I have the evidence...
"Any ideas?"
"The guard maybe. When that bag is found missing they're going to pin your brother. Cameras going to the elevators and the guard, severals pieces of evidence to link him to the crime."
"Sorry John. You may lose your job, but I'm not doing prison."
19 September 2010
My eyes open as i hear my phone ring obnoxiously.
"Hello?" I answer half awake.
"It's John. You'll never guess what happened."
Let me guess, three chances, first two don't count. "What?"
"The evidence bag went missing."
"S**t. Anyone see anything?"
"No. All the cameras went out and the guard is missing."
The guard? I don't remember.....
Edward laughs lightly.
"Sorry John. Good luck though."
"Thanks."
I hang up and sit up.
"What did you do Edward?"
"Oh, just got rid of some evidence. Figured it would help the both of you out."
"Jesus Edward! We don't kill innocent people!"
"Sorry. Needed a little something different."
I throw my phone into the wall and yell at the top of my lungs. 
"You can't be doing this! It's not the code!"
Seems I have some more troubles than I want.


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

taking a deep breathe. to taking a deep breath.
take another deep breathe to take another deep breath.
I men it to I mean it

Overall, a great chapter. Did Jack black out and Edward take over? I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor