Chapter Thirteen- Regret... Something New...

Chapter Thirteen- Regret... Something New...

A Chapter by The Doctor

25 September 2010

So it's planned out. Amber has presented me with some more victims and a few more notes. Each becoming more obsessive every time. Wanting to know why I haven't done anything, why there is no one dead. Well she is about to get an answer. Have it all planned out, right down to the hospital. Even have some clothes for her to fit the part.

"It's about damn time you planned this out," Edward said pacing the room, his hands running over all the inanimate objects in my office.

"Well it needed to be careful and clean. Plus I want to know why she is so obsessed with what i do. There are plenty of other idiots that would but into her. Why bother me."

I put the file down on the desk and lean back in my chair. Stretching my back and arms out behind me. Almost time. Almost time to get some answer and a clinger off me.

Past few days she has been getting more attached. Coming over every moment she can. Calling and staying on the phone for as long as she can. Being in work when I usually stop by to get my coffee. Really starting to annoy me.

"I told you."

"Oh just go away."

First though, stay here at the hospital until all hours of the f*****g night because we want to play short staff tonight. As a boss I have plans too but many don't think about that. Selfish humans... That's what most are in the end. Hell even me, i make time to kill and torment other killers.
So the day drags on, filled with ambulance imports and walk-ins. Days like this make me want to walk around with a machine gun and kill every hoodlum and "gangster" i see walking the street. They pull a gun, I shoot; they piss themselves they can have a free card. But again, it would be counter productive. I'd end up and jail and than who would kill the innocent killing pricks?
After what felt like forever, it turned ten o'clock. About f*****g time. I pull my iPhone out and text Amber, having her meet me at home. I go to my office, grab my brief case, drop my lab coat off in exchange for my suit coat, pull out my keys and head to my BMW. When I get home I quickly change into black cargo pants, a black long sleeve shirt and black boots. I go into my top draw and pull out my sedative, ready for use in a syringe. The door clicks open.
"Jack?! You here?"
Her foot steps travel around in search for me. The kitchen... now the living room... stairs.... hallway... I lean up against the door frame, keeping tight to the wall. Her head pokes in and looks away from me to the left, I stretch forward and slide the syringe into her carotid artery, pressing the pump down, my hand swinging down to catch her.
"Nighty, nighty love."
I put the cap on the syringe and place it on the nearby bookshelf. I then put her on my shoulder and carry her out to the Land Rover waiting in the garage. Opening the trunk i lay her in and get into the driver seat.
"Where we going?" Edward asks from the passenger seat.
"A local hospital, one she hasn't hit yet."
So I drive on, gaining closure on my destination. Once I arrived I pull into the ally and went to the trunk. I take the clothes from the back seat and dress her into them, taking time to examine all of her. 
What can I say, I have to take some pleasure in my work. 
I take some nearby dirt and smudge, after putting nitrile on, take her hands and rub them in, spreading ti to some of the rest of her body, again after i wiped away my existence from her body.
Next was to set the scene; rope set and hung from a nearby fire escape, tied off to the railing until ready. I bound her wrist and ankles and sat her up, waiting for her to awake to start.
"You're not wearing your mask?"
"She knows who I am, no reason to hide it."
After about another five minutes, her head swings and is brought up.
"Oh my head," she moans.
"The sedative does that, but you wont have to worry about it soon."
"Why?" Her eyes ask in a fuzzy and confused manner.
"Because you killed innocent. You killed people who did no wrong."
"No wrong? No wrong? You kidding me Jack? They are free-money-riding beggars who are lazy. They can get off their asses and get cleaned up and work for their living," she protest groggily. 
"Yes but all they need is help in the right direction. Not a permanent, forced solution. Death is not a solution for people like this. It is for people like you, you who kill the innocent for simple self hunger and self want."
"And you don't?"
"I kill for the hunger that knocks on  my door, but I do it to help the police who can't catch up with the sick f***s who prey on the weak and innocent just because it's an easy target.
"But I want to play some trivia. First question, why try and impress me?"
"You do excellent work. It's so meticulous in what you do. Delicate in the choosing and planning of how a kill is to happen. And I love you, I wanted to impress a fellow killer by expressing in a common ground of love- the love of killing."
She's wacked.
"Alright. Next, why the homeless?"
"Homeless man attacked and killed me parents by setting a trap of the noose like the ones I made. He wanted money for booze and drugs and he took it, leaving me at the age of six to find a home and a family. An orphanage took me in. I began to kill several years ago. It's when the hunger finally settled in."
"I know about your past, I read your file. But it is still no excuse to go killing all homeless people. Revenge I can accept, but not a mass killing such as yours."
She sat in silence afterwards.
"Well I'm sorry but you know what happens next."
"I do," she said hanging her head.
I helped her out of the car, walking her to the noose. I put her head inside, making it snug before i walked back the the tied end.
"Jack before you do... Just know I love you..."
I looked down at the wet pavement,"I know."
And before she could let out a sob I yanked on the rope without lifting my head... A snap rings out... I look up and see her twitching slightly as her gaze looked away from me into the partly light street. I tie off the rope and walk around to face her... Her eyes leaked tears as her mouth hung open, a cry prevented... Face blue and purple... Filled with sadness of the heart and body... I killed her even before I yanked the rope...
"You're feeling regret now?" Edward's tone kinda of soft.
"Yes... I killed someone who understood and cared about me, knowing what I am... I wouldn't have to lie.... I could be open... Now I will never have that again... Never...."
I focus on the pain... The only thing that's real...


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 25, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor