Chapter Eleven- The Girl

Chapter Eleven- The Girl

A Chapter by The Doctor

20 September 2010

I smile back and step closer to the counter and pull out my wallet.

"Good morning Amber."

"Morning. Never caught your name cutie."

"Jack."

"Flirting at her job? Really?" Edward asks.

"Nice name. What can I get you hot shot?"

"Medium regular please and a bagel with cream cheese."

"Anything else?"

"Nope."

I pull out my money as she walks away. I snag a pen and write my number on a scrap piece of paper, she hands me my items and I hand her the cash with my number, walking out before she says anything.

"You're really going after a chick who smokes and drinks? That is not correct for someone in your position." Edward protests, appearing in the passenger seat.

"No it's not. And I don't really care. She probably wont call for a while, gives me time to find a new kill. No big deal."

He falls silent as i back out and head to the hospital. Around eight i check out and head to John's place, stopping for some Jack Daniels on the way. When I arrive at John's, I smell steak in the air. I let myself in and set the bottle on the counter as i move to the back porch.

"Hey John."

"Hey."

"No mess tonight huh?"

"I'm in a slump since the loss of evidence for Copy Kat. Just really haven't been in the mood. I have a few cases open but nothing complicated."

"We'll have to look it over after we eat." 

So we eat on the porch, some light country music going as we eat, drink and bullshit. Edward sits on the railing watching us with evil intent. Only wanting to find a project and nothing more. Every now and then i sneak in a laugh at him. Now who's out of place. 

After our plates are clean, we bring out a hand full of files to look over. Finding some more mob employees and more lone innocent killers. All of which will get a visit from me sooner or later. But tonight I found someone interesting. This person focuses in on the homeless. once they have a victim they hang them by the neck by a noose. Hand made and prepared.

 

I look at the photos someone and find something interesting in the background. Each kill has been near a hospital, indicated by the red cross on the side of the buildings. Could they be playing with me? Calling me for a play date? No. Can't be.


"Anything on the hangings?"


"None. No witnesses or forensics."


Hmm. Interesting. Not uncommon but interesting. At a crime scene like this there is

usually a ton of evidence to be found. The scene is just so messy and none-sterile 

that anything could have been left behind. Just so much to account for... Seems like I

have a play mate.


"You have any idea Jack?"


"No. None, this is someone who is very good at what they do. There are a lot of

elements to compensate for and they found a way to catch all of them without

messing up."


"But how?"


"They have done it before. Practiced this method in controlled environments

moving into uncontrolled environments. Takes time, but they did it."


Suddenly my cell rings, I pull out and look at the caller I.D. Amber.


"Hello."


"Hi, I was hoping we could hang out."


"Sure. I'm with my brother, but there is a spare key above the door on the frame. Let

yourself in and I'll be there soon."


"Alright. Don't keep me waiting," she says playful."


"I wont," I smile.


Seems I got a girl.



© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor