Conversation on OT and NT  -  Part II...

Conversation on OT and NT - Part II...

A Chapter by stranger-n-life


... the truth is in the details, then you will see the 'fronts' which men worship as 'religion' in place of the whole scripture of God as ONE truth ... it is the little bits men leave out, and the bits they twist to fit their apostate traditions , that give the clue, and then one begins to see how Jewish religion went almost as wrong as paganised chrsitianity has done, simply because both are led by sinners , not saints....

The few saints meanwhile continue the slow but relentless work of God in the background, almost unnoticed by most men, whilst Satan is allowed to take over all the religion of this world [Rev 13:3-7]

The 'take-over bid' fails of course , and Satan is actually killed at the return of Jesus to claim his few saints and begin setting up the kingdom with them ... but we have soon to live through the unification of world religion under a figure whom most Jews and almost all christians will believe is the Messiah ... it has to be so, since this is the beginning of God's humbling of Satan, but almost all men must thus be deceived , else Satan will not confess his heart [2Thess 2:4] and so not be humbled when his bid to be god of all men fails...


I think it is the differences between the 'Gospels' which are telling ... they were taught to very different audiences [Romans, Egyptians, Jews] as Christianity of the Hebrew saints spread out looking for the House of Israel as Jesus instructed ... what did you find confusing there, it is quite important not to ignore what confuses one, there are truths to be learned from all that confuses one's past beliefs!

John is so beautiful compared to the other 'gospels' , he was so much closer to Jesus, understood the spiritual side of things so much [where the others seem so crudely locked in the world sometimes]... and of course it is John to whom the Revelation of Jesus was entrusted by God 's messenger ... I find it awesome insight , not just the 'gospel' but his epistles and the Revelation which expounds so much of the OT ...


Paul is very different than the other apostles, as they were sent to find the House of Israel, he was sent to teach the gentiles about Israel's role as the priesthood who will redeem them later [much later, over a thousand years after Jesus' return, but what matters a thousand years when one is dead! ]

Paul then has been the focus of more spin by Roman mock christianity and its offshoots than anyone in scripture... one cannot trust anything but the scripture about him , and even then one has the problem of biased translation and additions and subtractions from the original [which we do not have of course, only various somewhat differing copies... so much is said by the differences ,as usual!]
There is a problem with superficial
consistency, the Tanakh has been 'worked on' and modified to make it as consistent as possible for much longer than the NT ... but what one wants is the original inspirations of God, not something that has been worked on by sinners to make it seem consistent mostly ... God's one truth is wholly consistent, after all it has to be so... do not confuse that with the work men have done for millennia to make the 'pin' seem consistent... look for the bits which don't quite fit , that couldn't be made to fit... look for the bits omitted because they could not be made to fit, look in depth at the details and yearn to God when you get confused... then one slowly emerges from belief in sinners into belief in love which is god,and finds it behind the glossy polished fronts of religion that are actually only gilded, not the gold of God's truth...

Apparent contradictions happen all the time in reading scripture, but do not stop at the point you are confused, delve deeper and find out what is behind the confusion, what is the cause... it takes time, but it eventually moves one to the truth of God,something deeper than what the world teacghes...one 'feels' in one's heart of love to be true because the lovingness is apparent in the understanding ... and then one sees eventually why it was made to seem wrong , even what purpose was behind what seemed a contradiction at the time... we can work through a few examples if you like, this one if you like?

If you know the OT first then it illuminates the NT ... and the NT expounds many things in the OT which seem rather strange without the NT explanation... these two parts then are not separate at all, they are one ...but religion of both Jews and sinner 'christians' has torn them apart artificially, and still works today feverishly to stop people uniting them and seeing that both Jew and mock christian are wrong, they are ONE truth, at least the originals were , as indeed they obviously must be if from one God.....

the Jews love writing explicit answers to everything, which i guess makes life easy ... the problem , which Jesus highlighted, is what they miss out, some BIG things, whilst dissecting the tiniest points... not seeing the wood for the trees ...

Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

The thing is though that all this must be so, God is not even ready yet for all Israel to convert to His truth :-

Isaiah 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

God's plan relies completely on perfect timing of when people come to His truth... He removes men from Satan's grasp , enslavement to sin, in stages, , progressively more and more ... starting with Jesus, ten teh144,000 saints at his return, then all Israel as the perfect priesthood of kings, then the many of the gentiles, then the rest through the lake of fire, thise who reject even His spirit poured out on them....

It is hard to explain how beautiful is this plan, it is so intricate, so fool-proof, so perfectly timed, so inevitable even with our limited capacity to understand cause ... and all written down from the beginning in the Torah, but in such a way that even the Jews and the House of Israel do not yet most understand it , since He is not ready for them all to do so yet... only the few find the narrow strait way of saints in this life [Matt 7] ... innumerably many later in the kingdom come[Rev 7:9-10] that many paradoxically prey for but do not understand yet, are not allowed to ....

The Catholic Church might seem mighty, but they are only sinners and not of Israel even, they are just 'daughters' of the 'harlot' Israel , offshoots of apotate Jerusalem ... and of course have spawned countless more daughters, all as much harlots as themselves whilst rejecting their mother 'church' and their 'grandmother', Israel ...

How could one explain to the Jews that anti-Semitism which has killed so many of them so gruesomely, is the work of God to slow down their coming to knowledge of Him... they would not listen past the first few words because the pain is too great...

It is just the same with the may Catholic myths and the 'denominations' myths ... all just slow down things to god's pace to his rhythm of His song, his beautiful all-encompassing plan... this I think you are likely blessed to come to see, since you have been moved to ask the question, it is at least clear to me that God wants you to know the answer.... be aware though that knowledge of God's truth brings great pain , until it grows so large that one cannot bear to face it a while, God slows one down a bit , because He is not ready yet... so even as individuals we are paced by God toward the goal of redeeming all to gain acceptance by all of love , of God, that makes Him THE god ... of love...

 
a lesson too about the messing up of time-keeping by mankind..., how men came to lose sight of holy days, even most Jews separated from their precious sabbath for a while by Satan with God's permission, until Jesus restores it and other sabbaths in the kingdom... it is one test of the saints that I noticed, that they will keep the true sabbath as set by god as a sign, not the 'chrsitian' mockery ,nor the Jewish altered timing by 'Halakhic law' of the blinded shepherds, the rabbis ... local time is paradoxical , yet it is the world standard , God's timekeeping is not paradoxicl, so most get their timing wrong by not realising mankind changed it for the worse ...

Note that when challenged by the scribes and rabbis, Jesus does not duck their questions, but answers them ... this answer [below] is relevant here , Jesus points out that the law of God from the beginning is different from what is Given by Moses because Moses had to deal with the intransigence of Israel ... the laws in Israel under the old testament are partly about breaking this intransigence then, they are specific to Israel at that time ... they are not 'eternal' laws because the old covenant never was intended to be obeyed by more than a very few ... whilst it is never ceases , God siad that Israel as a whole would break it and even in the OT the need thus for a new covenant is described [but curiously enough , it is ignored by most Jews ,despite it being part of 'the Prophets' - Jer 31:31-34]

Simply consider what it takes to keep so many people together whilst they wander forty years , part-starved , in the desert wilderness...

Th old covenant is sufficient to cope with the problems of that life for a people of the Bronze Age... the rules have to be something they can cope with, that lead them eventually to accept a better way , For as Peter says of those who continue in sin after spirit baptism :-

2Pet 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
God deals more cautiously with Israel then, not because of themselves, but because of His purpose in them , they are led to much through their breaking of the old covenant, it brings humility on them , and so even [a few of the] Jews , with their almost desperate fanatical dissection of every word of the scriptures, may come to see son that Moses had to write things for political reasons , so that they would accept the package deal of the old covenant.... it is then a means t an end, not the original law, not the finished product [which cannot be written, but is conveyed by the spirit of God Himself, the Comforter , that Israel missed out on until Jesus died]

Ecclesiastes 4:1 So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.
Lamentations 1:9 Her filthiness is in her skirts; she remembereth not her last end; therefore she came down wonderfully: she had no comforter. O LORD, behold my affliction: for the enemy hath magnified himself.
Note that God has grown weary of Israel's sin long before Jesus arrives ,and rejected them for breaking the old covenant ... how do men then now hope somehow to keep it when it was kept by so very few in the past ?
Isaiah 1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Malachi 2:1 1 ¶ And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
7 For the priest’s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.
Note that all the rabbis of Israel who presume to interpret the law in place of God fall under this category because they are the descendants of Levi who did not leave Judaism behind when the House of Israel departed into idolatry taking half the tribe of Levi with them ...

With no spirit comforter yet, to convey to them the law which can only be expressed spiritually , what was expedient to set as the rules for Israel in the desert never could contain the law of God, but was necessary as an expedience only ... As God pointed out, they would not keep it ,even though they accepted the 'curse' on them for not doing so... the purpose of the old covenant is then really a lesson about creeds , that no creed can contain the spirit in the limited words we know today , a lesson not learned by modern sinner 'christians' , who yet again think they can manipulate words to mysteriously 'make' themselves 'saved' without having to give up their unlovingnesses [sin, iniquity] completely....

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither canhe know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
The old covenant led a few men to obey the law of love of God , but to most it was just a ritual which they went through the motions of , and were still unloving whenever it suited them or the law did not cover that particular unlovingness... having a 'recipe book' for life in a creed would work if one could write down every possible situation and say what is loving and what is not, but one cannot do it.... the Jews have certainly tried immensely hard and revealed many unlovingnesses that they put right, but it is as if they tried too hard and missed out some unloving things that they thus continue to do under their law... the unloving mistakes persist too , because they regard the law as authority, not the love which is God...

Jesus thus summarises the law of God as love of God and thus love of men [even one's 'enemies and those who use one] , but endorses the ten commandments [bar the keeping of sabbath because it is given only to Israel as a sign ... but note that he spends the sabbaths in the synagogues keeping the sabbaths , and keeps the annual sabbaths, even correcting the Jewish rabbis who keep the passover on the wrong day...

Jesus was thus simply pointing out that love [in his sense of the word, which he explains somewhat] is the law of God, and the written law cannot express it wholly, love is above what is written so that even David eating the holy bread in the temple is blameless

Matthew 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
It is hard, nay impossible, for men to understand from words then, but they are given as stopgap until the spirit is given to all men [Joel 2:28] so that all men know by the spirit all truth of God as the few saints know it in this life [John 16:13]

Solomon wryly [as usual for him ] explains the mistake :-

Ecc 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Good or evil is the determinant of love and is witnessed to us by our consciences .... most men cannot follow their consciences , and indeed God's plan would not follow its prophesied course if they could... words have much to do with this, but in the end words are no use at all to the spirit, they only point at things of this world which will end ...

The end is oneness with God that Jesus said can only be attained by love [without any unlovingness, with no sin] in obedience to his command as lord of the saints of this world and the next ...

It is thus ironic really [or sad if one sees it differently] that both Jews and sinner 'christians' try to wring a way to live in love out of processing words , when scripture says and shows that it cannot be done, that it is at best something to do with one's vain life :-

Ecclesiastes 1:14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
It matters not how much all the saints and prophets say it, men cannot hear until God baptises them, and so it comes back to when that will be , which scripture shows us, but most men will again not accept ,because of their traditions of belief in mere words , even in Philosophy of the more intelligent amongst us :-

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Again then the irony that the bible can only be fully understood by the few saints of this life who have no real need of it because they are given all truth during this life by God Himself {John 16:13] and thus do not teach each other because they know from God :-

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. [Jesus]
If one could see it one would see how empty is the religion of almost all men... and yet if one saw it, one would also see that all men still work toward the proof not only that perfect love results in 'translation to spirit' , final freedom from mortality and the 'keys to the third heaven' ,the garden, paradise, final rest ... but that everyone who is not a saints is proving that no other way works by their failure which brings all humility to accept Jesus' way of love in the end [Revelation 5:13]

Thus my argument with god that if I could explain His scriptures then His plan would come about more quickly.... It seemed to amuse Him to let me try [LOL?]
and I haven't quite given up yet, and He is laughing at me loud by now , but in friendly manner that He sees I must learn the hard way... it is Ok by Him that anyone learns by as hard a way as is necessary, [none harder than Satan's way though...]

Ok, lets see if you see anything in that, don't forget to spend some time with Him just listening without your own thoughts getting in the way, genuine listening! ... PM me if you have some thoughts

Matt 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

__________________


© 2010 stranger-n-life


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Bible...


Author

stranger-n-life
stranger-n-life

London, Wildlands, United Kingdom



About
A poet , looking inside and out for relations to the spirit of love that is so far 'above' this world ... truth of heart that tears apart the lies which many folks, for now, live by ... from which .. more..

Writing