Letter 6: What if God Really Does Exist?

Letter 6: What if God Really Does Exist?

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

In the last letter, I addressed the question “What is matter made of” under the assumption that there is a God or Gods who exist and created all things. In that letter, I stated that “if God does exist, then trying to understand life’s great questions on any other terms than His is illogical.” In this letter, I would like to go further into what I mean by that. Let’s pick up where we left off, with the analogy of the Matrix.

 

Let’s say God’s means of providing us with a chance to experience life is via a Matrix-like world and universe, where each of us (our intelligence, our consciousness, our spirit, whatever you want to call us) gets a chance to be plugged into the program, wherein we live and interact with one another and use our intelligence and free will. In theory, wouldn’t that be just like the Earth and universe we now live in? It is possible, isn’t it? So, under this assumption, I would ask, “What would be gained if the people living inside that Matrix world and universe started to explore and experiment in effort to figure out the answers to life’s great questions?” Would not such efforts only reveal information about the virtual world and universe inside the Matrix program?

 

In the analogy of the Matrix, the virtual world and universe inside of the program do not have to be like the outside world and universe where the programmer and the people plugged into the program reside. In fact, the virtual world and universe could be as different from the outside world and universe as the programmer wanted them to be. Thus, all efforts made by those individuals experiencing life inside the Matrix program to answer life’s great questions by studying their world and universe would be utterly futile because they are looking for answers that lie in the outside world and universe.

 

So, let’s apply the Matrix analogy to us. Assuming that there is a God, and that He has chosen that we gain our life experience inside a virtual creation, what comes of the day when we want to figure out the answers to life’s great questions? Well, I suppose that we would take some of the virtual elements that we find in our virtual world, and we would use them to make virtual devices such as microscopes and telescopes and particle colliders, and we would utilize them to examine the virtual layers of the earth and the fossils found therein. We would use them to peer out into the virtual universe that surrounds us. We would use them to zoom down into the virtual atomic and sub-atomic worlds that we are made of, but to what avail? Though we may learn libraries full of data, it all only represents information about the virtual world and universe we live in. Despite our best efforts, at the end of the day, we know nothing about the outside world and universe where the programmer (God) and our true selves reside.

 

Under this analogy, doesn’t the Bible scripture referenced in the previous letter make more sense: “For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”

 

What are we made of? Let’s finally get to the answer that comes when we assume that God exists: We don’t know! However, what we do know could only be what God wants us to know in accordance with whatever He created our virtual world and universe to be. Is that anything like the world and universe where He lives? Well, only God would know.

 

I suppose that is enough for now. In the next letter, we will move on to other topics.

 

Until then, take care,

 

Joshua



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I now anytime there is a question, there is always a doubt. I think your validating it in a thoughtful way. I just have to ask, if you believe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, a very interesting, intriguing, thought-provoking piece. I believe that God does exist and it was interesting for me to read this and get other peoples points of view. I like your style of write, and I think you did a good job with this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a thoughtful introspection asking the existence of god...it seems you put scientifically the spiritual aspect....another thought provoking write...wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


you're really such a unique writer!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting thoughts, and well written. However, I may be misunderstanding. From what I read, you propose that if God exists, he controls our perception of reality? So, if in fact he does exist, we see evidence of him onlyu as he allows? If so, would this undermine the initial proposition in your letters - that there is an objective truth? Or are you arguing that this is one objective truth that we cannot discern because of the nature of the question itself?

Either way, thanks for another thought-provoking write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


really good epic awesome and I think God is real via title

Posted 12 Years Ago


This would be a good read but I really think not all people will easily understand the points of whether God exists or not, especially if they are not strong in the foundation of knowing Christ and God. As for my own, I stand to believe that God exists; more than anything possible. Maybe next chapters will give light to that?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;

We know more about outer space than we do about the depths of our own oceans

Perhaps our egos have grown too large?





Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1173 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: god, religion, science, creation, evolution, origin of matter, origin of life


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy