Called Out

Called Out

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Hals friends call her out on her true feelings, she doesnt wanna face it. Again, if you havent liked reading my stuff then DONT READ IT, kiss my a*s and read something else. Thank you. :)

"
Called Out


�So I don�t understand, are you two just back together now or what?� Julia pried.

Julia, Abby, Kristin and Hallie were all getting New Years Day pedicures at the Paint Shop in Beverly Hills before having to return back to school the very next day. Hallie had come clean to not only David, but now her friends about her little winter fling. There were summer flings, but was there such a thing as winter flings? Now there was.

�We�re working on it,� Hallie answered with closed eyes. She was going to enjoy her warm white chocolate foot soak without stressing out over Julia�s criticism.

�So you cheat on him and he just forgives you like that?� Julia persisted sitting forward in her plush massage chair.

�Can you please lean back?� the nail lady grunted impatiently massaging her feet.

�Chill out Jules she said they�re working on it,� Abby shot back.

Even though Hallie�s eyes were closed she could feel the weight of someone staring at her, and slowly half opened her eyes to see that it was Kristin. She had the strangest look, as if she was high or something.

�Uh, are you alright?� Hallie asked startled.

�So he just left for New York and you�re never going to see him again?� her perfectly eye linered green eyes grew full of concern.

Hallie shifted uncomfortably in her seat. �Yes, he�s better off that way,� she answered softly.

Nobody responded, not even Julia. They were too engrossed in their own thoughts about the situation.

�Do you love him?� Kristin finally asked her.

�Don�t,� Abby warned her. The rest of the girls didn�t know about Hallie�s close call with suicide, and ever since then Abby had hardly brought up the subject of Christian, in fear that she might go off the deep end again.

�It�s just a question,� Kristen remarked.

�It�s alright Abby, and yes. He will always have a place in my heart, but he�s just not right for me.�

�Why not?� Julia challenged.

She wanted to say because he did drugs, because he came from a different world, but none of those were valid reasons, at least not to her. She thought of the last time she saw him, and his bloodied up face, and remembered why she let him go.

�Because he deserves so much more. He is so beautiful, and has so much talent and potential to become whatever he wants. He just needs someone besides me that loves him, that can motivate him. My parents just want to bring him down more, and if I�m with him that�s all they will do. I don�t feel like I�m enough to, I don�t know, help him.� Hallie explained.

�You shouldn�t need to help him, if he can�t help himself then he isn�t worth dating, but lets face it, with how hot he was, he was probably worth sleeping with,� Julia joked. No one laughed.

�Did you not hear what she just said? She loves him, she didn�t just want to sleep with him. From the sound of it you both love each other, and I don�t understand what more reason you need to be together?� Kristin argued.

Hallie was taken aback by how strongly Kristen felt over the situation.

�It�s not that simple, you can�t just love each other. You have to have some things in common, and face it, they are total opposites,� Julia argued.

�Stop it both of you!� Abby exclaimed standing up nearly ruining her pedicure.

The manicurist shot her a dirty look and Abby sat back down.

�Well who do you think she should be with then?� Kristin demanded of Abby.

�Yeah? Do you have an opinion on it at all? Or are you just going to stay quiet like you usually do?� Julia attacked.

Abby looked down at her French pedicure twisting a strand of long auburn hair around her finger.

�Hallie has decided to be with David, and if that�s her decision it doesn�t matter what we think.� Abby concluded.

�Well yours is the winning vote! Come on just for fun, who do you think she should be with?� Kristin asked stubbornly not giving up.

Abby looked up from the floor carefully to Hallie who was uneasily awaiting the answer. She knew what she was going to say.

�You love him.�

�Who does she love? David or Christian?� Julia smacked Abby�s chair impatiently.

Now it was Hallie�s turn to look down at the floor. She knew exactly who Abby meant.

�Duh she loves Christian, can�t you see it?� Kristin proclaimed happy that she won the argument.

Hallie began fuming as they continued to bicker on. Why were they debating about this in front of her as if she wasn�t there? Why was there a voting process for who she should be with, as if it were some sort of contest? She could choose whoever she wanted to be with, and she�d chosen David. Why couldn�t they just be satisfied with that? She came to get a pedicure to relax, and get her mind off of things and the total opposite had happened.

She stood up, splashing white chocolate all over the carpeted salon, slipped her feet into her Coach open toe flats, and picked up her matching signature purse.

�Whoa, you aren�t mad are you?� Julia inquired, not willing to get up in the middle of a foot massage.

�I don�t need this,� Hallie glared at everyone.

�I shouldn�t have said anything,� Abby shook her head regretfully.

�You�re right you shouldn�t have, none of you shouldn�t have.�

With that Hallie head towards the door, tossing a hundred dollar bill at the receptionist for the unfinished pedicure.

�Come on Hallie, come back. Where are you going?� they all protested.

�I�m going to meet David,� she said unhooking her Ed Hardy hoodie off the coat hanger, not waiting to put it on before she faced the cold weather outside. She refused to start the new year filled with guilt. Her resolution had been to change, to be a good girlfriend, and although she hadn�t kept it, it was the actual new year now, the other stuff didn�t count before. Sure, keep telling yourself that.
































© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Open to constructive criticism

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Not only an entertaining chapter, but quite educational too. Never heard of a "warm white chocolate foot soak" I would have liked a little more detail to know if it is as I imagine. Puts a whole new concept on foot fetishes for someone who loves chocolate though...lol.

You seem to write with such confidence about places like "the Paint Shop in Beverly Hills" that I wonder, and knowing nothing about Beverly Hills myself, if they really do exist.

Dialogue is good, but I feel you could leave out a few of the dialogue tags.. for example:

Abby looked down at her French pedicure twisting a strand of long auburn hair around her finger.

"Hallie has decided to be with David, and if that's her decision it doesn't matter what we think." Abby concluded.

Perhaps remove the paragraph break and delete "Abby concluded."

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Not only an entertaining chapter, but quite educational too. Never heard of a "warm white chocolate foot soak" I would have liked a little more detail to know if it is as I imagine. Puts a whole new concept on foot fetishes for someone who loves chocolate though...lol.

You seem to write with such confidence about places like "the Paint Shop in Beverly Hills" that I wonder, and knowing nothing about Beverly Hills myself, if they really do exist.

Dialogue is good, but I feel you could leave out a few of the dialogue tags.. for example:

Abby looked down at her French pedicure twisting a strand of long auburn hair around her finger.

"Hallie has decided to be with David, and if that's her decision it doesn't matter what we think." Abby concluded.

Perhaps remove the paragraph break and delete "Abby concluded."

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good chapter i can picture abby yelling at all the girls and the mexican pedicure lady all pissed off hahahahaha i enjoyed that part............. nice job

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First of all I would just like to say! I love this story!
Secondly, It's not repeitive or boring in anyway!
Third : One small mis wording I saw: "You're right you shouldn't have, none of you shouldn't have." (Second shouldn't should be should)
Forth...I really like the way you are telling the story by ulternating chapters between Christian and Halie. It keeps a readers attention drawn in to the story, sense they knowthat they will get to their favorite character the next chapter.

I think you have a wonderful masterpiece here! Don't give up and keep on writing! And please let me read what ever you come up with! :)

Eternally Your's
Infinity's Shadow
Aaron

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I�m Leavin' I�m Leavin'

A Chapter by Evil_Angel