Chapter 1: Irony

Chapter 1: Irony

A Chapter by Emunah June.

It's ironic, really. How I met my soulmate the day of Brother's wedding.

 

Vows had already been exchanged, and now everyone was ballroom dancing to the soft, classical music flooding the chapel. I stood in the back, my glass of white wine already condensating on the outside. My fingertips were wet as I drank.

 

"Having fun, Al?"

 

I hadn't noticed how Brother and Koda had danced their way over to me. He had one hand wrapped around her porcelain hip while the other was wrapped om her shoulder. He was happy, you could tell. I smiled at him, setting down my drink. "Yeah, of course I'm having fun. What makes you think I wouldn't? Congratulations again, by the way," I say, smiling the best I can. Brother smiled back at me, then waltzed away, attached to his bride's hip. I grunted. I hated lying to him.

 

Truth be told, I WASN'T having any fun here. Everyone was dancing with someone--except me. I was alone.

 

As usual.

Brother always got the best of everything.

 

I drank another deep gulp of my wine and thought back to what today REALLY was. Brother's wedding.

 

With the girl I liked.

 

Brother had gone away for two years--two WHOLE years without any warning. This had left Koda in tears. She felt like she had done something wrong, like it was somehow her fault that he went missing. And who had been there to comfort her? ME. Who was there to tell her everything would be okay? ME. I was there, not Brother! so, in a sense, I felt like it was unfair. How did he, the man who had left without warning and made Koda feel useless, get to be the one who got to marry her? It was dumb, unfair, and I wanted compensation. I wanted to find a girl so pretty that Brother would put his marriage on the line just to get to kiss her once.

 

Sad thing is, I dont have very good luck with girls.

Hence, today. Brother's wedding. With the girl I liked.

 

I let out a sad sigh as I took in another drink of my wine. I was almost out.

 

Figures.

 

Nothing seemed to be getting any more exciting, so I decided to leave early. I grabbed my coat off the rack and just turned to leave when Brother stopped me. "Yo! Al, where ya going? We haven't even cut the cake yet," he said, trying his best to be friendly. Even so, I could tell that being away from his new wife for five seconds was too long. I placed a hand to my stomach. I figured if I've already lied this long, I could keep going. "I, uh, don't feel very good. I'm going to head home. Save a piece of cake for me will 'ya?" I asked. Brother smiled weakly, almost as if it pained him to watch me leave. "Uh...sure. Just be careful okay? Heavy traffic today."

 

 



© 2011 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really feel bad for Al. He deserves love. I don't want Al to be sad. I can't wait to see what happens next. I hope Al meets Ayumi. Hehe. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I actually find you are doing well with your writing.This is an endearing tale and well told

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fourth paragraph: on her shoulder
ninth paragraph: capitalize so
other than that, this chapter is awesome. it was very engaging and interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wanna give Al a hug now! It's hard for me to picture him not in the armor still haha... But I love the descriptions you use! very nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awww poor Al...He reminds me of Jacob from Twilight (Why do I know about Twilight, cause I was forced thats why)...Very descriptive, I could picture all this in my head...But I still think of the big metal armor Al lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


HAHAHA lol poor Al... i didn't kno he liked u!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awww poor Al :(

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Oh Al. If you came over to my house, you would have luck with girls, namely me. Ha ha. Poor Al. :(

Posted 13 Years Ago


my poor Al :(

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww...just so sad.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

764 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2011

Out Came Love


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..