IMAGINE

IMAGINE

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one - John Lennon

"



John Lennon was one of the most prolific songwriters that ever live. When he went solo after the Beatles disbanded. A beautiful song was written by him.


IMAGINE, broke many chart records and believe by many as a masterpiece. It transcends time, place, culture and creed. It's a timeless piece that still as good as the day it was first release. It moves the human soul longing for a better place where there's no pain, suffering, war, and division.


This song, by the way, was used as a soundtrack theme in a movie that won many awards and nominations. "Killing Fields" is a heart-wrenching movie depicting stories of war, sufferings, exploitation, family displacement and atrocities committed against humanity.

IMAGINE, was written both as a plea for world peace and a dream to escape the sad reality and tragic effects of war.


It is a retrospective political piece disguise in beautiful melodious song design to protest war and unjust killing of human being for right and wrong reason including the things that divide people like race, colors, possessions, poverty, politics, affluence, ideology, intuition, culture, borders, country, flag, language, and religion.


On a deeper level, the song is really a longing by a song artist for a better world. A utopia, where there's no heaven or hell. The word "heaven and hell" is a figurative language for right and wrong. People will hate, harm, and kill another human being for right and wrong reason! 


No one should be labeled as lower, better or above the other person or of lesser value because of skin pigmentation and geographical location. It is a hope for unity, equality, love, and respect where all people get along and coexist in a vacuum.


When I listen to this song, something stirs in the deepest recess of my soul about human suffering, disunity, indifference, and loneliness brought about by things that divide and corrupts us. 


Imagine, that God may have truly heard the heartfelt cry of our hearts after the fall of man. Perhaps through this composed song by a dreamer for a better world where there's no more death, disease, disabilities and divisions, war and disagreements. 


God in the fullness of time sent us a Savior in the person of His Son Jesus Christ to give us a better place and eternal life when we believe in Him ...


by NeiL ArandA 09/30/2016



© 2019 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA

Video clip from the movie Killing Fields courtesy by Youtube

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

826 Views
Added on October 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 19, 2019

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA