UNLIKELY HERO

UNLIKELY HERO

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

Who Killed Goliath

"


During the ancient period while tools of wars were still being developed and tested on the battlefield. Military tactics on the same token were evolving. By studying the ancient wars and art of weaponry during Alexander the Great conquest and Roman soldiers formidable battle formations. We can at least explain one's victory or defeat by human perspective. There were soldiers who specialized in combat using sword, spear, bow, and arrow and yes, slingshot!

It was also believed that there was a special breed of foot soldiers who specialize in this primitive weapon. When a person perfected such skill, can hit a target with deadly accuracy using a pebble traveling at 300 miles an hour. Not counting the unlimited supply of ammo everywhere at a person's disposal. Pete Sampras was a Wimbledon tennis champion known for his fast serve and can deliver a ball at 200 miles per hour across the net. Imagine being hit by a tennis ball size stone over this rate and velocity in the body or worst in the head!

King David as a young lad was a known practitioner of this art aside from playing the harp and writing poetry. Alone in the field with nothing to do, he practiced and perfected this skill while guarding his sheep. It was tested when he claimed that he killed lion and bear with it while defending his sheep making him bold and confident in his skill. But he was too humble that he attributed his success and kill to God. David acknowledges that his talent of mastering this deadly art to safeguard his flock came as a gift from God Himself.

Goliath, the eight wonder of the ancient world and champion of the Philistine army though he towers more than 10 feet over David was a slow-moving target for this slingshot expert. God works through people who are passionate about what they do and humble enough to give Him back all the credit and glory He alone deserves. King David was not all into this fame and prestige that we modern Christian are prone to fall into, neither stand still and do nothing when his friends, family, and faith are being looked down and mocked by a condescending giant.

So who killed Goliath? Many say, David, some say God. I say both.

by Neil Aranda



© 2018 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA
God is looking for ordinary people to do extraordinary ways

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on August 17, 2018
Last Updated on August 18, 2018

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA