PAPILLON

PAPILLON

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

You can't have a million dollar dream with a below minimum wage work ethics.

"
Papillon

Since your announcing of May 17th as your last tour of duty. I felt a sudden rush of uneasiness because we both started together and cut from the same cloth. They may say another one bite the dust. But I see a grim outlook of the future once you turned your badge and keys in.

For others, your soon coming absence is felt only as a tiny ripples caused by a drop of small pebble in a calm pond. But to me, I see a subduction point of the tectonic plates at the bottom of the ocean. Followed by a massive landside of the leeside of the mountain in Canary island.

No one had anticipated or ever notice the coming of a rogue wave. A mega tsunami and pandamonium of chaos and confusion once you are gone. Hoping others would step up to the plate of elevated ground in lieu of higher expectation. To bride the gap, fill the void, and stitch the huge gaping hole. Everyone is dispensable but they have to hire a platoon, a battalion to replace your position.

You can show them your earned scars and stripes as proof of your professional pedigree, including your battle tested work ethics. You endured several change of regime and brutal administration. While many chose to exile and seek political asylum in other departments.

You chose to stay and fought for your own personal liberation through loyalty, commitment and dedication in "Karen and Kevin" dominated workplace. I saw you found your way out of Papillon by watching the tide. The freedom you long aspire, the overdue credit you so much deserve. Your Shawshank redemption.

I wish you nothing but the best in all your future endeavors. Don't worry about me. I, too, like Charriere will be watching for the coming of a new tide and change of current in Cayenne island ...

by Neil Aranda


© 2021 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA
Writing inspired by Nichelle Gillis RN

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on May 11, 2021
Last Updated on May 11, 2021
Tags: Best Employee, Work Ethics, Team Player

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA