Bound by Forever(5)

Bound by Forever(5)

A Chapter by Tori
"

It's time for Criss to meet her knew neighbors. But where is Aydean? And why are his parents lying to Criss and her family?

"

After waiting for so long, and being through such an indescribable heartbreak, I finally met the one who could heal me faster than any antibiotic or injection. It was him. I had to go through something so terrible, so horrible, just to realize it. Why was I so blind? Why?

 

"Criss, put on something descent! Please!" Momma begged as I plopped onto the couch. "They'll be here in an hour!"

I just flipped through the channels. "If it's gonna be an hour, then why do I have to change now?"

" Because, It takes you a solid thirty minutes to keep your hair looking semi-straight, and tonight I want it completley flat!"

"Yes ma'am. But it ain't my fault my hair is freakin' thick!" I called as I dragged into the bathroom. I plugged in the straightner. While I waited for it to heat up, I stared into the mirror. A pair of big hazel eyes stared back at me. My tan skin was framed by a large mane of bushy dark brown hair that was often mistaken for black. I tunred my head and gazed at my profile. I was a semi-self concious person, so I could always find a flaw in myself. for example, my side burns were too long, or my forehead was to flat. I crinckled my nose in disgust. Native americans were so supposed to be beautiful. Well, I was only three-fourths cheeroke, but I still should have been better looking. Of course I was uncomfortable with my looks, but other than a few things I didn't like, there were a few positives. For one, I was tall and leggy, just like my momma. And my arms had curves in all the right places. I was extremly proud of being one of the biggest tomboys around, and even prouder of my redneck streak. Kids at school would call me a "Filthy Redneck" hoping to insult me. But actually, I was extremly flattered. 

I was also a little on the wierd side. I hung out with the gothis kids and bubbly people, I was in the advanced AND gifted classes, I was a very good drawer, painter, and sculpture, and all my teachers loved me. So, I was doing pretty good. But I had always wanted more. I wasn't sure what, but there was something missing in my life. What could it be?

Beeepppp!

I picked up the thin straigthner and weaved it through my hair. I had to pull the steaming iron over each strand of hair four times before it started to coorporate. After a good fourty minutes of qwrestling with my protesting hair, the battle had finally been won...so I admitted defeat and just pulled my hair back in a low ponytail. I didn't like the way my hair looked when it was up, so I put on an old camoflauge hat. I flipped off the lights and slipped on a shirt from the left side of my closet. There were two "sections" in my closet. The left was full of clothes my momma bought me-pink silk, skin tight floral patterns, and crappy namebrand stuff-that I never weared. On the right side, all my jeans and t-shirts and button up collar shirts were hanging in a way that called out to me.

"Criss, honestly!" Momma sighed as I walked out of my room.

"At least I'm wearing a aeropostale shirt," I pitched. I gave an exaggerated pose. "I'm a superstar!"

"You are super, a super dumbass."  Momma grinned as she put the green beans on the dinner table.

I tossed my hand to my forhead in mock dismay. "Oh, my fragile heart!" I collapsed to the floor.

"Get up, dumbass!" Dad roared as he walked in. His bearded face was glowing. He pulled off his glasses and wiped off the fog that sheilded them. "So moms, what we havin for supper?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"S**t-of-a-shingle," she huffed.

"Mmm.Sounds tasty."

He laughed. My parents way of showing affection-which was through sarcastic coments, jokes, and screaming- was a very entertaining show.

Knock knock!

"Ohhhh. They're here already? Criss, go get your sister!" Momma hurried to sit the rest of the food on the table.

"Tanya!" I called.

A little blue eyed  creature poked it's head around the corner. It's light brown curls were pinned into a loose bun. A Little Mermaid crown was sitting on it's head. "Just a minute! I'm still gettin weady!" it snapped.

"Whatever, you little freak!"

"I'm not a fweak!!"

"Could've fooled me!" I smirked, waiting for Tanya's reply.

"B***h!" her little voice pipped from behind her closed door. I bursted out laughing. She was only four and she already knew every cuse word in the english language.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, proud of myself for teaching them all to her. She promised not to cuse while the "company" was here.  I felt the gears in my head start to turn. "Tanya! I need to tell you something!"

 

"You have quite a charming place-oh. Who is this?" a voice squeeled.

I looked up at a red-headed with pitch topaz eyes. Her blood-red lips curled into a smile. I it think was supposed to look sweet. Too me, atlooked like a donkey trying to growl like a dog-DISTURBING!

"This is my daughter, Crysta," Momma answered for me, hoping I wouldn't embarass her. She caught my glare and quickly corrected herself. "We call her Criss, though." I turned and gave a sly baracudda grin to the two old hags in front of me. The man hunched over and held out his hand.

There went the gears again. "What? You want me to shake that thing? I don't know where it's been."

He bursted into genuine laughter. Fool thinks that's funny. Well, maybe he don't suck quite that much...but I ain't ready to like her.

"Let's all go eat, shall we?" Momma waved towards the kitchen.

I pulled out the chairs for the guest. I was on the verge of pulling out the lady's chair and let her boney a*s hit the ground, but I thought twice when I saw the hickory stick momma had hidden behind her back. I gave a nod of defeat and held the chair steady. She smirked and slid the hickory stick onto the counter.

About thrity minutes into the meal, Tanya came barging in, dressed in here princess suit, bell shirt, pink boa, fairy wings and wand, and smudges of make-up glitter. It took a fierce bit of self-control to keep myself from laughing, but I managed. I saw momma's face turn red. I had been raised to respect my elders, but if you had asked me right then, I'd say she deserved it. Letting two filthy cows into our house. I looked at the man, who was clutching his stomach in laughter, and looked at the woman. Her nose was scrunched in disgust.

After Tanya had changed into "human clothes" and the man had stopped laughing, the questions began to roll out.

"So, where did you both move from?" Momma asked, taking a swig of her water.

"North Dakota," the woman slurred. Her filthy accent made me cringe. "We moved here because we thought that our-" she cut herself off. Her eyes were wide as dinner plates. She looked at the man. He was still laughing and cooing over Tanya, but I saw his cut around and glare at her. She had obviously said too much. "Our... pets! Yes, our pets needed a change of scenery."

Dad was looking at her with a strnage expression that read what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you-you-psychopatheic-b***h. I bit my lip to keep from bursting into laughter. Momma eyed me. I regained control.

"What kind of pets do you have?" Tanya gasped. She loved animals. "Any unicorns? Ponies? Horses?" Her eyes were tinkling.

"Honestly, how are we realated?" I mumbled under my breath. The man heard me. He began howling in laughter. I was going to admit it, but he had a beautiful laugh. It sounded like an angel singing. I'm not a very deep, thoughful person. DON"T JUDGE ME!!! Wait? Who am I talking to? I scolded myself. I was always having conversations with people inside my head.

"A*****e!" Tanya shouted. The man's laughter quickly evolved into roars.  Tears began welling in his eyes. I couldn't hold it any longer, I joined him. We both were gripping our sides in pain from all the laughter. It was too much. Even momma and dad were chuckling. The woman, however, was not ammused.

She stuck her witch nose in the air and huffed. "How disgraceful! Why, such trash."  I was the only one heard. I felt my blood rising higher than it had the day the lumber-f**s cut down all the trees.

"I'm sorry miss Thang, but if you have anything to say, I would highly appreciate it if you would get the nuts to say it to my face!" I snapped, standing in my chair.

"CRYSTA BREE HANKS! How dare you say something like that in front of our guest! Apologize, now!" Momma demanded.

"Make me, ya old b***h!" I wanted to say so bad. I bit my tounge until it bleed. "I'm sorry. I was being very rude and desrespectful." 

"It's alirght. I understand you're upset. What with us taking all your forest like that. I'm very sorry. I'm the one who should be aplogizing." The woman wore a smirk that represented a snake. I stared her in the eye, ready to flick her off. 

"Crysta, fill up Mrs.Brookes tea. Now." I grabbed the empty cup and walked over to the fridge. While I was adding more Ice, I  heard momma ask the woman the qusetion I had been itching to have answered. 



© 2009 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this. A very good chapter!

Tina

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 26, 2009
Last Updated on May 28, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori