Bound by Forever(22)

Bound by Forever(22)

A Chapter by Tori
"

We have had a peek into Tristen's mind...and personally, I don't want to go back. We have discovered his secret love for Criss, and another secret he is hiding. Meanwhile, who does Criss keep seeing in her mind? And who is the boy in her room, what is he

"

Truths and lies had spilled out that summer, but they didn't keep us apart. If anything, they brought us together. Unforgettable events occured, not a single one of them as painful as the daily fear of losing him.They say nobody's perfect. If that is truly the case, then he is the closet thing to perfection anyone will ever incounter. And we was all mine.

 

Aydean's POV...........

 

The tension in the air thickened as the seconds ticked by. Twelve o'clock came so slowly, I had thought that night would never end. The anticaption and fear of suspecting how they might react once they knew the truth was tearing my nerves into a million pieces. Time was one thing I had though. Plenty of it. But that didn't cease the worry I felt as the moon rose higher into the stary sky. It was beautiful here. I had never imagined there were so many stars in the sky. The glow of the city lights at home blocked off the beauty of the night sky. Even the moon seemed more graceful tonight. It was full, helping to set the mood. Of course, I didn't have too endure the impatience and the beautiful sky alone. 

 I looked over at Criss. She was cuddled close to me, her left palm resting over my heart. She had hardly uttered a word the entire night. The pressure must have been getting to her too. She stared up at the sky. I followed her gaze. My eyes met the moon. The swollen circle illuminated a soft glow across her face. I regconized her expression from somewhere. The way her eyes glowed with a gentle fire was no stranger either. She was praticlly hypnotized. I had seen that exact same love in her gaze somewhere. I just couldn't place my finger on it. I couldn't find a way to describe it.

 Then it hit me. The simplest way I could summarize it was also the most exact. She looked at the full moon with the same gentleness and life she did whenever she and I would sit in silence and just stare at each other. This would have insulted me if it was not for two small things: One, I had the same intrest in the moon, and two, there was slightly less passion in her expression when she stared at it. 

Criss just layed there and watched the moon. And I watched her. We reamined that way for at least fifteen minutes before I decided to acknowlegdge the sudden craving I felt to hear her voice.

"Criss?" I said, trying to be as descreet about my goal as possible. She didn't break her gaze, blink, respond, or even seem to hear me. "Criss?" She remained still as a statue. "Criss?" This time, I gave her a small nudge with my arm.

"Huh-what?" she cried, breaking her trance. She closed her eyes quickly and then looked over at me. Her eyes were blank and empty as if she had no recallation of what had happened.

"It's rude to stare," I said, hoping that would get her sarcasm flowing. If anyone could cheer me up this depressing night, it was her.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said sheepishly. She slunk her head onto her shoulders, closing herself up like a turtle returning into it's shell.

"What's wrong," I asked, brushing a strand of hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear.

"What does Kiyiya mean?" she asked, looking over at me.

I was surprised by her question.

"Where did you learn that?" I questioned, a hint of suspiscion building inside me. I don't believe I had ever mentioned the names to her.

"I um...." she looked down at my hand, which was holding hers. She pursed her lips slightly.

"Alright, keep your filthy secrets to yourself! It's not like I care!" I cried, exagerrating an angry reaction.

She giggled. "Shut up, you big cry baby."

"It means 'howling wolf'."  I adjusted my posistion. We were lying on a fallen tree that stretched across a deeper part of the creek back in the woods.  "And do you know what Magena means?"

She looked up at me curiosly, waiting for me to tell her.

"It means 'moon," I said, pointing to the bright circle in the sky. She followed my point. Another haunting gaze overcame her face. I had to hurry and say something before she was lost in another trance. "Do you know what the stand for?"

She shook her head. "No idea."

"Hmm," I hummed, looking at a large tree out of the corner of my eye.

"Please tell me? You a*****e!" she chuckled then punched me in the arm.

Even though it hurt, I had to laugh. "Okay, okay! Kiyiya is what they call the male wolf who has Bonded. Magena is what they call the female."

"So you are my howling wolf?" she asked very innocently.

"Yes. And you are my moon," I said smiling. I grabbed her hands and pulled her into me, giving her a slow steady kiss.

"Do you think we're going...I don't know, too fast?" she asked worriedly. She bit her lip and tensed up.

I personally didn't think so. I believed our speed was piercise and manageable. We hadn't gone too far, nore had we planned to any time soon. But of course, love was a two way streak,and so it was her opinoned that mattered most.

"I don't know. What do you think?" I tried my best to make her feel comfortable. What on earth and heaven possesed her to think that now? Of all times?

"I'm not sure. I don't think we are, but something just doesn't feel right," she said quitley. she sat up and played with a strand of her hair.

"Well hey," I began, sitting up beside her. I wrapped my arm around her and hugged her tightly. "If at any time you feel uncomfortable or unsure, please, let me know. I promise I'll stop."

She nodded and said okay. A new scent filled my nostrils and I jerked my head in the opposite direction. Derek walked out from behind a tree, followed by Trey, then Scott. They both stood on either side of him.

"This is it," I whispered to Criss, standing up. She followed my lead and walked of the log onto the stable ground. She stayed close beside me.

"You brought her?" Derek spat, glaring at Criss. I looked at her out of the corner of my eye. She was glaring right back at him, not flinching. I had to hold back a laugh. Derek was going to have to work hard if he wanted to intimidate her.

"Yes. I believe she has every right to know why I may end up leaving her," I answered calmly.

"Hmm. Well, as you know. This is it. Now, Aydean. What is your decision?" Derek asked, trying to remain as professional as his anger would allow."

"Derek. Let me tell you guys a story," I began. They all looked at me, even Criss. She had no clue what I was going to say. "Not long ago, a boy moved here with his Mother and Father. Well, after tragedy strikes the boy, his parents start hitting him and beating him. Everyday, he is locked in his room, not able to leave it. Everyday, different scars form on him. One day, the boy realizes there is girl across the street. He doesn't know why, but he has to be with her. He wants to see her so bad, he is willing to break his parents rules and sneak out of his house to see her.

" He continues to do so until he notices that a promise he made to his friends is going ot be broken if he continues to see her. Trying to protect the promise and his pride, he leaves her. A little persausion from an old friend makes him realize how much he loves her. He goes back to apologize, but she is hurt. Badly hurt. The foolish boy didn't know about a previous heartbreak she had ben forced to deal with. While trying to apologize, she runsaway, rejects him. He's devestated, but not ready to loose her. Once he admits his feelings for that girl, he discovers she has the same. They kiss, and something happens."

They all looked at me strangley. All eccept for Scott. Actually, Scott had kept his eyes focused on the ground the entire time, guilt and sadness staining his normally cheerful face. Derek stared at me, his face hard.

"Aydean, If you were wise, you will do what's right," he growled.

"You know, someone once told me that the right way, isn't always the best way," I said nodding. I wrapped an arm around Criss's waist and pulled her closer to me. "Do you know who was there for that boy through all the pain and hell he was put through? Do you know who gave him the courage to keep smiling after every scar? No. His friends weren't there to help him. Instead, it was the girl. The intellegient, beautiful, outgoing, and extremly sarcastic girl that kept him going. And she is standing beside me right now."

Criss waved slightly and looked at the ground. I had never really suspected her of being shy. But d****t, she was.

"And I'm ready to spend the rest of forever with this girl," I said gentley, placing a hand on her shoulder. "And in case I need to sum it up. I choose her."

Trey looked hurt, Scott was still depressed, and Derek...can you guess? Yup. Steam was practiclly pouring from his ears. His eyes flashed with anger and his fist were clenched tightly.

"You are making the biggest mistake of your life!" Derek  barked, taking a bold step forward.

"Am? Well, I have forever to think about it," I assured.

His eyes widened. "You did not Aydean! YOU DID NOT!"

"I did. I Bonded with this wonderful girl," I leaned down to kiss her cheek. Her face turned red. She must not have been big on public affection. "So either way, I would have been kicked out of the pack."

Derek tried his best to calm himself. "Well. Congratulations on your new life. I hope you two enjoy each other."

They all turned to leave. Derek stopped in his tracks.

"Oh Aydean, one flaw in your plans. She doesn't know about you, does she? Or our kind." He seemed pleased with himself.

"Oh, I know! And I think it's amazing!" Criss answered.

"What?" Derek spun around and glared at Criss.

"Yes. I love wolves," she said, stepping closer to him. "And I think werewolf existence is absolutley amazing. Your kind is so beautiful and graceful. It pains me to know people actually kill wolves and lable them as killers. It makes me so mad!

Derek seemed stunned. "Flattery will get you no where.

"Trust me, I'm NOT trying to flatter YOU. I loved wolves before I knew anything about Aydean. Or You guys Please, don't exile Aydean because of me! I feel terrible, and I know I can't make it up to you. But I can..." she let out a quick breath. What was she doing? "I can't stop loving Aydean, that is impossible for me to do. But, I can give you my highest apologizes. And if that isn't enough I'll...I will gladly take my life."

Derek's eyes widened. He didn't know what to say. He scratched his head and bit his lip. "Thank you for your conceren, but we really don't need your sympathy. You can keep him. He's a useless traitor."

"But-"

He turned to leave, cutting her off.

Criss's eyes narrowed and her fist clenched. She tooka step forward and grabbed Dereks shoulder, spinning him around.

"Listen here buddy," she snapped, grabbing him tightly by his shirt collar. "I don't care if you are the leader of this little pack, And honestly, I wouldn't give a damn if you were the preisdent of the friggin united states! You don't walk away from me while I'm talkin'! You son of a b***h! 'Sides, didn't your momma ever tell you wasn't lady like to ignore someone while they're talkin?" 

Ohh's and ahh's and stiffled laughs filled the air. Trey and Scott had their hands clamped tightly over their mouths. But, you could still see the corners of their mouths tilted into a grin. Criss smirked and realesed Derek. He stayed where he was.

"Good. Now, let me finish. Aydean mens a lot to me, and I know he means a lot to you guys. Ya'll are his best friends and ya'll have known him since before I even knew how to count to ten. I'm sorry and honestly regret ever coming between you guys. So, I have to ask. Please, for the sake of ya'll's friendship, don't be stupid and kick him out of the pack."

"Touching. But, he broke the rule, and now he must pay," Derek said clamly, not seeming moved by her words. I was. I actually felt special for once.

"Dude, why can't you be happy for him? What do you have against his happiness? huh? Why can't you just stop being such a complete stuck-up dumbass and be happy for him! What kind of friend is selfish enough to do something like this?"

He placed a hand on her shoulder and took in a deep breath. "Look. I understand why you feel that way, but be honest. What would you do if Aydean had chosen  us over you? Dont' say you would understand and be happy for him. You would be crushed, heatbroken, filled with sorrow!"

She stood her ground. "Aydean loves me, I love him. Aydean is special to you guys, you guys are special to Aydean. What's worng with letting him stay in the pack?"

"I'm sorry," Derek murmurred, walking into the forest.

Scott gave a solemn glance back at me and waved goobye. Trey, the freak, ran up to me, punched me in the arm, and god knows why, but hugged Criss.

"You're cool," he told her. "I'm sorry. I know we could've been friends."

"It's cool. You seem pretty awesome yourself!" she smiled. Trey grinned as well and for some odd reason kissed her forehead.

"Careful," she chuckled. "I don't think Aydean appreciated that very much."

He looked at me. I flicked him off. He grinned and gave her one more big hug. "Bye Aydean.  See ya', little sis!"

At least he accepted her as a sister. Derek was too by the book, and Scott feared Derek's authority. Of course, Derek wasn't the worst thing out there to fear. I souly hoped Criss never had to meet him.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
Added on August 8, 2009
Last Updated on August 10, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori