Bound by Forever(16)

Bound by Forever(16)

A Chapter by Tori
"

Criss and Aydean are concealed in the comfort of Criss's home, enjoying the few hours they have alone. But, following Criss's confession, there is knock on the door. And that's pretty much it.

"

If perfection was ever in reach, it was now in my hands. I had the one thing that made the sun shine in the dead of night. I had him. He was everything any girl wanted. And of all the other desprate, more deserving girls out there, fate handed him to me. 

 

Criss's POV......

 

"What are you doing here? Where's Kodi?" I asked fearfully, reaching into my pocket.

Tristen held his hands up in surender. "Calm down, I'm not here to hurt you."

I flicked open the blade and pointed it at him. 

"Then what do you want?"

"To talk."

"Bout what?"

He sighed. "To apologize. To say I'm sorry."

"I don't believe you!" I growled, extending the blade closer and closer to him. He didn't move. What the hell is he doing here? PLEASE! Go away!

 "Criss, look. I really am sorry about that night. I was just so sure that you would say yes, that I hadn't prepared myself for rejection. I was...angry. I was enraged that I had been shot down so I...took it too far. I'm very sorry. Really," his face and voice were so apologetic that I couldn't help but forgive him. But that didn't mean I would ever drop my guard around him.

"I....I forgive you. It's okay. the human race is a weak  species. We can't handle rejection very well, so we replace the feeling we hoped for with rage and dissapointment. I forgive you."

He smiled widely and extended his arms. "Excellent! I'm so happy. So, we can try again? Only, keep it slow?"

I sighed in confusion. What about Aydean? It wasn't officaly declared or anything, but we were together. I bit my lip. I wasn't going to betray this nice guy I had just met for some f*g who tried to rape me. Nope. That's not how Mama rolls.

"I'm sorry, Tristen. I just....don't think I'm ready for a relationship. I'm still healing. When I kissed you the first time, I thought I could handle it, but I couldn't. It hurt to much. I'm sorry," I expalined. I kept the knife in my hand, just in case he couldn't handle this rejection. "Friends?"

He sighed. "That'll work. I understand and I agree. Friends!" He opened his arms again and gave me a long hug.

"So, where's Kodi?" I asked.

"Asleep. He wanted me to tell you that we're going to be staying at the hospital tomorrow, so if you wanted to stay here that was fine, but you need to let him and your parents know."

"Okay. I...." My mind quickly flashed to Aydean. This boy was hiding underneath my bed, listening to every word that was being said. I had forgotten he was there. "I'll stay here."

"Oaky," he nodded and walked out the door. "Night!" he called.

"Night," I whispered. I sat back down and peered under the bed. "Aydean?"

There was no response.

"Aydean?"

Still nothing. I ddin't see him. He was gone. That b*****d left!

"What an a*****e! He's gonna leave and not say goodbye! Well!" I complained out aloud.

"Miss me?"

"GAH!" I jumped.

Aydean laughed a quite but estatic laugh. "Scarred your a*s!"

I punched him in the arm and sat back down on the floor. I curled into a ball and pouted. He stopped laughing.

"What's wrong, Criss?" he asked, sitting down beside me.

"I thought you left," I murmured. It made me sound like a baby, but I was upset.

"I wouldn't do that. That would make me a lousey boyfriend, now wouldn't it?"

Okay, now it was offically declared.

"Criss?"

"Yeah?"

"What did you mean when you said you were still healing? What happened?" he asked. His face was full of concern.

I stared at my barefeet. I needed to clip-or bite-my nails. They had gotten to the point where I would acciedently scratch myself in the middle of the night.

"It's nothing, no big deal."

"you will tell me though, someday?" he asked patiently.

I trusted him. I didn't know jack about him, but I trusted him with this. And many other things.

"Of course," I said, leaning into him. He tilted my chin up and gave me a long, sweet kiss.

He stared into my eyes and brushed a strand of hair from my face. "I have to go."

No! Please, don't leave me! Not yet! "Okay. But don't forget, we have all of tomorrow night alone."

He smiled. "Sounds great."

I walked him to the door and watched him exit soundlessly. He was like a feather that collided with a few dozen egg shells. Silent and graceful. Well, the eggshell thing wasn't too graceful sounding, but the feather. Beautiful.

 

Aydean's POV....

 

I held my sore arm and wiped away the blood. The gash that Criss had patched was open again...and it had a brother. I had suffered through another beating after my Father walked in on me talking to Scott and Derek and Trey on my phone. Apparently I was allowed to keep it, but I wasn't allowed to use it. So, I payed the price. It was taken away from me, of course. I was spposed to have met Criss at her house an hour ago, but due to the beating, I had wasted a handful of time. I had just gotten out of the shower. The hot water felt good on my sores, but the soap didn't. I know what you're thinking, if it hurts so bad, then why take a shower? I mean you're  a guy, big deal. Well, think about it: I'm going to be snuggled up close to this beautiful girl who goes out of her way to look nice for me, and I'll most likley wrap my arm around ehr at some point. I don't know much about girls, but I do know they don't enjoy the smell of sweat and blood.

My parents had went to some buisness party, and Criss's family were at the hospital for the night. It was as if fate had personally arranged this. 

I slipped on some clean clothes and headed out the window. I took my time strolling across the yard in case the dogs in the backyard happen to hear me and start barking. I looked up at her window. The lights were off. I walked up to the front door. I tried to open it, but was unsuccesful. I hurried around to the back, just in case she kept it unlocked for me. And sure enough, she did.

I locked the door behind me and tip-toed to her room. Her door was standing wide open and she was lying on the floor. There were two pillows and a large blanket laid out atop a small pallet. She had went to the trobule to make us a little bed to relax in. I smiled and watched her sleep-does that sound stalkerish?

 Not being able to stand it anymore, I scooped her up-she was surprising light-and layed her down on her actual bed. She must have sat up for a while waiting on me. I couldn't help but feel a little dissapointed. I had hoped that we would be able to talk for awhile. I ran my finger over her forehead and sat down on the pallet. At that moment, two hands grabbed my shirt. I looked up at Criss. Her eyes were half closed and her head was bobbing.

"Up...get up," she moaned, trying not to fall asleep. It took me a moment, but eventually I understood. And obyed.

I climed into the bed and claimed the side closest to the wall. She cuddled close to me. She was shaking. I looked down at her. No wonder. She was in a pair of short-shorts with a tank top and her fan was going at least a solid 90 miles an hour. I pulled the cover over her and pulled her into me. Her face was buried into my chest and her arms were lying atop my stomach. It was perfect. Know, only if she was awake so I could see her beautiful eyes. It amazed me how much she trusted  me. Espically after that boy, that Tristen, shook her up so bad.

What was she talking about last night?  What happened to her? I thought for a few moments before another moan escaped Criss's lips. She looked up at me.

"You're late," she scowled. She slowly rose and propped her back against the headboard. "Why?"

Oh great! I hate this! I hate lying to her...but I have to. Uhg.

"Um...Well, my Mother and Father were going to a party, so I had to do a few things around the house for them. I'm sorry," I expalined. Hey, at least some of it was true!

She looked unconvienced but was obviously too tired to object. She yawned and stretched her shoulders.

"Sleepy?" I asked. 

"Very,"she yawned. She paused. Then she looked over at me. "Aydean? What's your last name?"

You know what. I think she knows I can't tell the truth and I hate lying to her, cause she continues to ask me questions I'd rather not be asked. You'll see what I mean.

"Um...Thompson. Aydean Thompson," I lied. That sounded like a good Georgia  name, right?

She looked at me curiosly. "Are you Benny and Linda's kid?"

"Who?"

"Benny and Linda Thompson. They live down the road. They have so many freakin cats it's not funny."

 "Um, no. I don't know a Benny or a Linda," I replied quickly. At least that was true. And just when I thought the questions were over...

"Oh. Well, where do you  live, then?" she asked.

I just nodded and pressed my lips into a thin line. Figures. Of all the complicated questions, she has to ask this one.

"Does it matter?" I asked sourly, trying to get of this. I immediatley regretted acting so harshly.

She bit her lip and looked away. "I guess not." 

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

She looked at me angrily. "You're sorry? Boy, you ever snap at me like that again, you'll be picking your teeth off the floor!"

I grinned. There she was. My sarcastic Criss! Wait-did I just call her mine? Take it slow Aydean, god! If I would have said that out loud I would be dead.

"What are you grinnin' like a possum for? You think something's funny?" she demanded.

"No sir!" I shouted.

She glared.

"No ma'am?" I tried.

She nodded. Then she curled up next to me and placed her head on my chest. I smiled even wider. She's just like Kriss! Suddenly, memoreis of my best friend flooded into my head. I had completley forgotten about him. That made me a terrible friend, didn't it? And what the heck!? This girl's name was Criss and I spent every possible minute with her! Kriss was probally looking down on me right now, shaking his head in disapointment. We had promised to never let anything change us-even girls. We would always be brothers. And we still were. I couldn't let her change me.

"Criss, I'm sorry," I moved away from her grip and jumped into the floor. "I have to leave."

She looked up at me. "Why? I thought we were going to have a night together."

"I...um, have to go do something for my parents," I lied, heading for the door.

"But you said they were at a party!" she called.

"Yeah, but I um...just have to go! Goodbye!" I called. I ran out the door and into the night.

Haha! Criss, you won't change me! I made a promise! I'm free. I kept running. I eventually slowed, not becuase I was tired, but because there was an empty feeling stirring inside me. It hurt. But I wasn't sure what it was. I had completley stopped. I didn't dare look back.  My confusion was suddenly replaced with anger. I looked up at the sky.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!" I screamed angrily. "YOU MADE ME PROMISE! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME DO?!"

I collapsed to the ground. "Please, Kriss, what do you want me to do? I'm confused."

"Then go back."

I jumped and turned around. My heart sank. This wasn't happening. There was absolutley no way.

"Impossible!" I cried.

"Very possible," Kriss smirked.

 

Criss's POV...

 

Pain and sadness gripped me tightly, forcing me to stay where I was. I held back a tear and fell onto the freshly cut grass. This can't be happening!

"No, not again! NOT AGIAN!" I cried into the night.

He left me. And as much as I didn't want to believe it, something inside me told he was gone for good. He wasn't coming back. Maybe If I wait, he'll come back!

"No," I said bitterly. "With any luck, he won't come back! Maybe this is all dream! It has to be! This can't be happening."

It didn't take a genius to tell he was lying. He just wanted to get away from me.

He lied. He doesn't want to protect me! He's just trying to hurt me even more!

I curled into a ball and buried my face in my hands. The night was warm, so I had no problem with sitting out here until I died. It was dramtic yes, but depression is a powerful thing.

 

Aydean's POV........

 

"K...Kriss?"

"Waz 'up lil' bro?" he grinned.

"But you're...you're..." I couldn't believe this. It was unreal. It was all a dream. It had to be. Everything.....Kriss, the beatings, this place. When I wake up, I'll be home, with the pack...everyone. And She'll just be some girl I've never met and never plan to meet. I'll be home in North Dakota.

"Dead? Yeah, I am. Don't worry. I think I'm ghost at the minute. Or maybe just part of your imagination. You needed help, so here I am!" he smiled, lifting his hand in the air.

I tried to slap him a high-five, but my hand went straight through his. 

"See?" he said.

"O..okay. But what do I need help with?" I asked fearfully. I don't care who you are, this is some freaky s**t right here! 

He shrugged his shoulders and kicked a rock(Yup, you guessed it. His foot went straight through the pebble!)

"I don't know, you tell me! You summoned me." He grinned. "I love that word...Summon!"

He looked over at me. He became serious. "Seriously, bro. I know you're having trobule. But if you need my help, you need to admit what it is. I already know, but it'll be easier on you if you say it."

"I..." I couldn't say it. It was stupid. This is stupid. I'm stupid. She's stupid! This is all stupid!

"Aydean. This is not stupid. And neither is she, you and I both know that," he said sternly.

"What the?"

"Part of your imagination, rember? I know what you're thinking!" he said, tapping his forehad with one finger. "I've also been able to watch over you. And I must say, I'm proud of the way you've been handling everything...until now."

"Excuse me?" I said blankly.

"You heard me. You handled this all wrong! Why did you runaway from her! You have any idea how bad you just hurt her!?"

"She'll get over it. I ran away because we made a promise! We would always be brothers and wouldn't let anything-not even a girl- ruin it! Remeber that? I keep my promises!" I shouted.

His eyes flased, I swear. "Aydean! How freakin dare you! You better be happy I can't touch you! If I could, I would kill you right now!  Aydean, face it! You love her! Why do you have to try and deny it!? That promise, it means nothing! It was just-"

"How can you say it means nothing? Are you or are you not my brother?"

"I am! And as your brother, It's my job to look after you. And if you runaway from her right now, you'll be making the biggest mistake of your life!" he said, firmly but quitley.

I stared at the ground and said nothing.

"Aydean...you've hurt her. She's been through so much, and you're going to abandon her when she needs you the most! That's not the Aydean I know. The Aydean I know would go back and at least try to comfort her."

"Then I guess you don't know me," I said bitterly. I turned my back to him and walked away.

"She loves you," he called.

I stopped. She loves me? Yeah, right. 

"And you love her!" I knew where he was going with this.

I turned around and stomped toward him. "No! No, no no! I know where you're going with this. I won't do it to her! I can't! I Won't!"

"Why not?"

"Because I..." I stopped and stared in disbelief.

"You what?" he said in a victorius voice.

I couldn't admit it. "I..."

"Yessssss?" 

Suddenly, I had an excuse.

"Because she has to love me before it can work! And she's afraid! She told me!" I admitted. "She'd never forgive me."

Kriss tried hard to put a hand on my shoulder, but it went through. "D****t!"

I laughed. He looked at me with the most serious face I'd ever seen.

"Yes. She does. And she will."

I looked up at him. He smiled faintly.

"You really think so?" I asked hopefully. He only smiled.

"You need it to do it very soon, I feel as if something big is going to happen. I don't know what, but it's coming. Fast," he warned.

"What about the pack?"

"What about 'em?"

"We all promised that we would never-"

"Screw the pack! Come on Aydean, you deserve her just as much as she deserves you."

"She'll never forgive me  for walking out. She's probally already called the cops and is having a restraining order filed against me," I said unhappily. And it was true.

He pointed to her house. "Are you so sure?"

I looked up. It was hard to see her from the distance, but not impossible. She was curled into a ball in the front yard. Pain swept through me, followed by a helping of guilt. There was now a giant hole in my chest.

"Oh my god! What have I done?" I said running my hand through my hair.

"Go, man. Make things right," he urged.

"Yeah, okay. Thanks Kriss." I was about to take off when suddenly remember the question that I'd been waiting to get an answer for. "Kriss! How did you-" I turned around. He was gone. I looked around. Nothing. I shook my head and took off full speed towards Criss's house.

How could I have done this??She told me she was afraid of another broken heart! And she told that guy she was still healing. Why do I have to be such an a*s? Oh dear god, please forgive me!

 

Criss's POV......

 

I heard a twig snpa, but ignored.

"Good. Maybe if it's a coyote, it'll kill me," I said aloud.

I buried my face into my hands and allowed a few tears to come out. Suddenly, two hands slid around my shoulder.

"I would never hurt you," a voice whispered in my ear.

I jerked away and stood up. Not because I was afraid, but because I regonized the voice. "Go away Aydean! I don't want to talk to you!"

"But I want to talk to you!" he said, standing up and reaching out for me. I smacked his hand away and backed up.

"Don't touch me you b*****d! Just leave me alone!" I cried.

"Crysta-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE MY REAL NAME!"

"But Crysta, I-"

"Go away before I call the cops!" I bluffed. I wasn't going to. Instead I was going to snap his arm like a twig.

He stayed where he was. Usually he ran away or surrendered at the mentioning of the police. Instead of running, he just walked towards me...slowly.

"Criss, please, let me explain."

"I don't want you're damn explaination! Just go away! Go off somewhere and die!" I screeched, meaning every word.

He was now right in fornt of me. He continued to walk forward, forcing me to back into my dad's truck. Everyone had taken Momma's car. He extended his arms and pressed them against the car, trapping me. 

"Listen. To. Me," he said firmly.

I glared at him, but remained silent.

"Good. Criss, I'm sorry I just ran off. I didn't mean to hurt you. I want to make it better," he said. "I understand if you never forgive me and just want me to leave and never come back, but there is something you need to know. Crysta Hanks...I..." 

I swallowed hard and just stared at me. I was confused. I was also scared. I flet like I knew what hewas going tosay. And I didn't want him to. It would only make everything worse.

 

  



© 2009 Tori


Author's Note

Tori
IGNORE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR CRAP!!! PLEASE!! I"M TOO LAZY TO GO BACK AND CORRECT IT!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
Added on July 20, 2009
Last Updated on July 22, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori