The Capture

The Capture

A Chapter by Allyssianne

It happened all of a sudden.  Ally was leaning back on her chair, Marny was chewing her pencil, trying to think of the next part of the two person Role Play they had moved onto and Lara was listening to the teacher’s tangent with surprising interest.  That’s when the ancient PA system came into it.

“Atte...We...in...be...ful” It crackled and coughed at them.

“You know, have said: “The Germans have started another war.” Or it could be saying: “The canteen is now open.” And we wouldn’t know the difference...” Marny mused aloud.

“True, albeit it would be rather funny if the canteen staff were on standby and all the sections in the international school turned on the German section.” Ally said. 

They never finished that class, because no one could understand the PA system, and no one fled for their lives.  There would have been no point in any case to be honest.  They would have found you eventually, no matter where you hid, no matter how good the disguise. 

 

I remember that day clearly, and how it began.  Doors started to bang outside in the corridors, and Marny glanced at her watch.

“It’s due to ring in two minutes.”

“Lucky first years get out early.” Ally muttered. 

 

Their own classroom banged open to see a man jump in, wielding an automatic rifle, fully dressed in black and a balaclava covering his features.  Allyssianne fell off her chair in shock, several girls screamed, Marny broke the pencil she had been playing with, and Lara just stared, her mouth open in shock.  Allyssianne’s hand reached up and grabbed the table, pulling herself up to also stare at the man.

 

“Nobody move!” He ordered, and the pupils of the class obeyed nervously for the first time in their lives, perhaps sensing the authority behind the gun-wielding man’s words.  The man signalled outside the door, and three more figures entered the room.    The first man pointed to Allyssianne, Marny and Lara, and the three figures approached them swiftly, dragging them to their feet.  Allyssianne kicked and struggled,

 

 

After a short battle, the three had their hands tied behind their backs and were blindfolded.    The leader gave Allyssianne, the one in front a sharp jab between the shoulder blades to get her moving.  The other girls followed, filing out of the room, flanked by the other black figures.  They walked through the school, and down into the courtyard, where there was a large cargo van waiting.  Lara was uneasy, Marny restless, but Allyssianne took the biscuit and went ballistic.  The broke out of the ranks and ran, but one guard calmly raised his gun and shot her.  Everyone heard the gunshot as it echoed, and they heard Allyssianne before footsteps of those going to get her and drag the tranquillized girl back.

 

Soon, all the girls were in the long van, sitting on benches that had been bolted to the metal floor.  The doors banged shut, and the van began to move a few seconds later.  Marny shifted restlessly, trying to find a comfortable position as scared whispers in different languages broke out between the students of the international school. 

“Lara?” Marny said, unsure.

“Mar?” Lara answered, sounding slightly freaked out.

“Where do you think they’re taking us?”

“I don’t know...”



© 2009 Allyssianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on February 10, 2009