The Arrival

The Arrival

A Chapter by Allyssianne

The journey seemed to last several nights and several days.  When Allyssianne had come round again, she fought against the ropes, but soon gave up, knowing that even if she did break free, there was no chance of getting out of the moving van.

 

They arrived at their destination, no one knew where, and they were lead one by one out of the van.  It was cold, very cold and all the girls shivered as the icy wind seemed to pass right through them.  Marny, Lara and Allyssianne were all unloaded at the same time, and taken into what they guessed was a building, because instead of trampling through wet snow, their shoes squeaked like they did on the lino floors of the school.  The people holding them said something strange, and the girls only understood bits and pieces of it.

 

The trio was bundled into a room they didn’t know, after the guards-of-a-sort had untied their arms.  Allyssianne immediately ripped off the blindfold, looking around with furious eyes just as the door slammed shut.  Looking around, the trio saw that they were in a cell, but it was completely white.  There were six small mattresses on the ground, three occupied by three other girls.  The redhead merely nodded at them, while the punky looking girl grinned and the brunette seeped a kind air.  Allyssianne’s eyes narrowed as she stormed towards them, looking ready to kill until Marny grabbed her, her own bright green eyes narrowed at her friend as she flicked her purplish brown hair out of her eyes.

“Allyssianne!  Calm down!” She hissed in her friend’s ear, letting the girl go.  The black haired girl glared at Marny, icy blue eyes flashing with anger.  Marny turned to the girls already sitting there, staring at the spectacle.

“Sorry about them.” Lara said smoothly.  Marny nodded and smiled at the others.

“I’m Marny, the hot head is Allyssianne, and the other girl here is Lara.”

 

The other girls nodded, and looked at each other before the redhead sighed, guessing that it was up to her to introduce the others.

“I’m Illianna.” She said before gesturing to the punky girl. “That’s Holly, and the other is Natalie.” The brunette smiled warmly.

 

All six girls sat in a circle, discussing what they were doing.  Everyone knew how this had started, but no one knew how it would end, so they decided to try to form an escape plan.  Illianna listened intently, having been there the longest; she said that she was desperate to escape.  Lara seemed to warm up to her instantly, being the kind of soul who doesn’t like to see others suffer, and that she liked to have a lot of friends around her.  A people person inside out.

 

          Allyssianne sat out of the circle, her back against the wall as she listened in.  The other girls all engaged in the heated conversation about what was going on.

“We all know about that cult that was threatening the governments of the world.” Marny started.

“Not hard when it was on the news every night.” Holly said before seeing the dirty looks she was getting.  “Sorry, sarky remark.” 

Marny sighed.  “Ok, anyway, I think we need to find a way out of here and find our friends and family.”

“Question is, how.” Natalie pointed out.  “We’ve been here for a few days already, and there is no way out with all the guards that are keeping us in.”

“When they brought us here, they said something,” Lara mused aloud. “but I couldn’t make any of it out.”

They said ‘put these girls with the others, they’re all Gifted.” Allyssianne translated quietly.  The others all stared at Allyssianne.

“How did you know that?” Holly asked.

“Because I’m part Russian, they were speaking Russian.” Allyssianne admitted.

“So basically, we’re ‘Gifted’.  Why? What does that mean?” Illianna asked.  Everyone looked slightly uncomfortable. “What?  What did I say?”

 

The other girls sighed.  Holly and Natalie pulled out wands, Allyssianne summoned an orb of magic.  Alba managed to hypnotise Illianna and restore her to normal again, and Lara changed her appearance to mimic each of them.

“Wow.” Was all they could say to each other.

“So, that explains why the call us ‘Gifted’.” Marny mused aloud.

“I think we have to get out of here.” Lara said, her face creased into a worried frown.

“Aye.” Allyssianne agreed quietly, but her fury echoed under her tone. “I need to find Caleb and Jamie.”  Holly and Natalie looked slightly confused before Marny took pity on them and explained.

“Her brother and her love.”  The pair nodded wisely.

 

 

Several guards walked into the room, pointing guns at them as if afraid of the girls. They ordered that Illianna and the new girls followed them quietly.  After a few questioning and worried looks between them, the girls nodded and walked out of the cell, surrounded by the soldiers. 

 

 



© 2009 Allyssianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on February 10, 2009
Last Updated on February 10, 2009