Betrayal

Betrayal

A Chapter by Allyssianne

They were settled around the fire now, three of the girls happily chatting away while the other three sat, silent. Natalie had a tense smile on her face, Marny looked impassive, and Allyssianne looked furious. Illianna looked over at the three, and the smile on her face faded.
“What?” She asked, seemingly worried.
“You don’t belong here with us.” Allyssianne said, getting to her feet.
“Traitor.” Natalie added.
“I’m not a traitor!” Illianna exclaimed.
“I saw you talking about our plans!” Natalie spat.
“Illianna would not hurt us!” Lara said, but Allyssianne and Marny were looking daggers at the unfortunate intruder.
“Don’t let appearances fool you.” Marny growled. “She certainly smells suspicious to me.”
“I agree.” Allyssianne growled.
“Stop it! Stop it the pair of you!” Lara shouted. “This is no time to leave friends behind! She comes, end of story, so curb those tempers of yours!”

Allyssianne and Marny’s faces were full of thunder as Illianna thanked the others profusely. Lara bustled around the camp, finding bedding for their latest companion. Marny used her extensive knowledge of plants to identify the edible ones and set about preparing something to eat. Allyssianne was up a tree, keeping an eye on their surroundings. Holly kept an eye on the fire while Natalie sat next to Allyssianne, trying to accept the new girl.

The three sat apart from the main group to eat, and sat in silence while the other group chatted lightly to Illianna. They slowly drifted off to set up their blankets around the fire to sleep, apart from one. Allyssianne grabbed one of her blankets and strode off into the forest. No one made any of it when Natalie and Marny chose to sleep further away from the group, and they tried to ignore the whispers from around the fire.

Allyssianne returned just as the others were getting ready to start packing to leave, at first light. Everyone apart from Marny and Natalie glared at the sorceress. The sorceress frowned, unsure of what was going on, especially when Holly and Lara restrained Marny while the others, apart from Natalie, closed in on her. The girl tried to kick, punch and bite, but Illianna had been training too long in combat to be outdone. Allyssianne found herself tied to a nearby tree, bruised and confused. Natalie looked troubled, and Marny was furious.
“What. Is going on?” Allyssianne growled in dangerous tones.
“Don’t play the innocent!” Lara spat. “Illianna saw you speaking to some of those guards! You’re spying on us!”
“So we’re going to leave you here while we go on.” Holly added, her usual happy grin replaced with a scowl.

Allyssianne felt like she had been kicked in the stomach as she watched the others pack up and leave. Natalie was the last to turn her back, and she deliberately left behind a hunting knife and a thick cloak. She bit her lip as she looked back once more before running after the others.



© 2009 Allyssianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on February 10, 2009