Arrival of the traitor

Arrival of the traitor

A Chapter by Allyssianne

Allyssianne kept watch that night, while the others slept.  Lara woke up at midnight to take over the watch so that the sorceress could get some sleep as well.

 

Lara was the one to raise the alarm a few hours later.  She had heard quiet footsteps.  All the girls pulled handguns out of the bags they had, and they loaded the clips of ammunition into them before looking around.

 

Tension was thick in the air as they were on their guard, waiting for the intruder or attacker to show themselves.  Eyes were darting around the clearing as slight, cold breeze ruffled the leaves on the ever green trees, making the girls shift restlessly, fingers on the triggers.  The rustling grew louder and louder, until a figure appeared in the gloom.  Everyone turned their eyes and their aim towards the figure, who put their hands up.

“Who are you?!” Lara demanded.

“It’s me!” A terrified voice called out. “Illianna!”

 

Some of the girls lowered their guns in relief, but Marny, Allyssianne and Natalie didn’t.  They had no trust in this girl whatsoever.  Illianna certainly looked terrified, her eyes red from crying.  Lara smiled at the newcomer welcomingly.

“I, how’d you get out?”

“I knocked out the guard and ran for it!” She said tearfully.  Allyssianne gritted her teeth.  There was an alarm bell in her mind going off, ringing ‘fake!  Fake!’.  Marny, a skilled actor, also recognised the small signs of acting.  Natalie, having seen the blatant betrayal of the one that they thought was their friend, and that they were right to hide the plan from, stared at the girl.  There was no way that she was innocent!  How could Holly and Lara be stupid enough not to see past her act?



© 2009 Allyssianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on February 10, 2009