"The rhythm of the night," danza.

"The rhythm of the night," danza.

A Chapter by Brett Nortje
"

Dancing and self expression.

"
Dancing is down to moving from one pose to another. This is where we find a pose that suites us, in the mirror at home, or, for even more fun, at the mall in a glass window, and, observe what looks good on us, like clothes. We all have different bodies, and, some people look good if they were to say be loud and pompous, and others subtle and mysterious, yes?
So, let's begin. If you were to lift your knees all the way to your midriff, you will be teaching your muscles to relax and flex, yes. Doing this to a beat will help no end... Then, you need to slowly lower your feet while stepping like that all over the place, like you are finding your feet whilst, trying ti mountain climb and get to the top, okay?
~ This will be fun for little kids, so far...
Then, you need to slowly take your knees lower and lower. This will lead to you finding your rhythm and your feet, going from maximum to minimum difficulty. This will also let you start to navigate the floor easily and rotate as you will, like the basics of ballet, of course.
If you were to observe that finding place on the floor, and, using your three main areas, your legs, your torso and your arms, is all in sync, then you will find your place rhythmically and in tune with the beat of yourself.
~ Your 'inner drum line...'
Now, if you were to simply put your arms in the air, you will escape the fear of doing so, it is like looking at your first beer, wanting it, but afraid of being caught or becoming an alcoholic, yes? Likewise, for women, it will be like wearing make up outside your room for the first time, if you will? This is where you either find out, or you don't. There is such a hunger to know things in the human psyche, that it is either now or later, and, yes, no means later, as there is no no in firs times. This is something I have learned in life, and, you will also experiment. Experiment with this, please?


© 2018 Brett Nortje


Author's Note

Brett Nortje
Let's see how this works out?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on August 12, 2018
Last Updated on August 12, 2018
Tags: Dancing, self expression, posture.


Author

Brett Nortje
Brett Nortje

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa



About
I have been writing on and off for about a decade now, and, have fun critiquing the work of others, as well as learning about my own flavour. more..

Writing