"Due Thanks," grazie.

"Due Thanks," grazie.

A Chapter by Brett Nortje
"

This is a chapter about the role models I had, and, how they can inspire others.

"
This is a tribute to some of the role models I had in my life, and, how I can interpret the lessons I learned the hard way for you, so you may learn the easy, way, of course.
Sam Jones taught me the true meaning of the term "Obviously." This is where you cannot deny the truth, and, denying it will make you stressed. Figuring out why something is the way it is is better than trying to change it before you understand. This is pivotal, that you accept that the world is this or that way, like someone trying to fly, and, realizing they need tolls to build an air plane. Have you seen those first generation planes? Listen, accept, adapt. It is that way because it makes sense to someone...
Valentine Teixiera taught me the term "Sorry." This was hard for me to accept, as he told me that I was right all the time. To be sorry is to admit you are wrong, and, in doing so, you will grow as a person, taking on new strengths, and, learning that there is not always a case of you being in control.
Robert the youth minister taught me to "Let it go." This is where you need to dismiss the dignity you have, the feelings of regret, the feelings of wrath, all that wanting to be remembered as being right, all that self love, all that pride, all that hunger. Forget about it! It doesn't matter! Let it go, indeed. This is the right way to deal with problems that you don't need, or, do you need it?
My dad Jimmy Nortje taught me to "Wake up." Of course, I understand what he means, but i do wake up every now and again, as I forget things all the time. You must accept that some people see things differently to you, and, you might be asleep. Logic, are you stressed, and, why?
Shawn Michaels of wrestling taught me this, "As your perspective changes, your world changes..."
Lastly, Craig Nielsen taught me to deal with my problems, with "It is my baby," and, "Is this your problem or someone?"Dismissing something as not being a problem is wrong to do off the cuff, "why" is it a problem, or "why not" a problem? In taking on the role of yours in society and your family, you will find deeper meaning to being alive and prosper through embrace and love.


© 2018 Brett Nortje


Author's Note

Brett Nortje
Lessons learned.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on August 13, 2018
Last Updated on August 13, 2018
Tags: Thanks, Tributes, Venus, Venetian.


Author

Brett Nortje
Brett Nortje

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa



About
I have been writing on and off for about a decade now, and, have fun critiquing the work of others, as well as learning about my own flavour. more..

Writing