"Slug fest" allegria.

"Slug fest" allegria.

A Chapter by Brett Nortje
"

Making a meal of humour and others, and, of course, growing up...

"
With getting mature about humour, "you need to handle it before you can dish it out." This I learned the hard way, as me and my friends used to make fun of each other, but could only make clean jokes as I did not want anyone to make nasty fun of me. I thought if I blended into society, while championing the etiquette of the establishment, I would have fun/ Believe me, nothing is further from he truth! Yes, it worked, but I was never as happy as I am now! Now I make racist jokes, and, people of other races can seriously be asked if they are offended and why, why are they offended by racist jokes? Does it hurt them, does it take food off their table, does they need the doctor after wards.
~ What is dignity worth to someone else? Can you sell it, and, does it cost, you? Yes, it is a liability! Write it off, if you please?
So, you have  situation. The vest thing to do to relax everybody is to show them the irony in some way of like something, or like other, okay? This is the best way to reset the clocks on the scene so everyone can react naturally and with logic and reason. Yes, making a joke is something the police do to settle the nerves, as, otherwise they would be too stressed to handle the scene. But, getting relaxed as a doctor is not always a good idea, as then you need to focus on the scene, and,not shake your hands, okay?
If you were to observe that the best way to break the ice is to 'shed stress,' then the best way to make friends is with a joke, as often we do, hey? This is the way to relax and is a natural cultural reaction to the scene so that we can start on a good foot without stress merging with our first impression, if you will?
Now, if we were to observe that, as we have established, everyone has shortcomings, we can use them in the joke. This would be where we make fun of them, or, hell, our perception of them, that we could confuse them with someone else, or, even the irony of other's understanding of their demeanour, if you will? This will offend those with dignity, something that stems from a snotty attitude, and insecurity, and, those that dance with you will be your best friends. Venus loves April fool's day...


© 2018 Brett Nortje


Author's Note

Brett Nortje
More goofing around.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on August 12, 2018
Last Updated on August 12, 2018
Tags: Jokes, humour, getting shit faced.


Author

Brett Nortje
Brett Nortje

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa



About
I have been writing on and off for about a decade now, and, have fun critiquing the work of others, as well as learning about my own flavour. more..

Writing