Chapter One - Brian's Demise

Chapter One - Brian's Demise

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Standing. Silent. Staring at the sky into and beyond the stars.  Thinking, he turns but pauses halfway and rubs the end of his cigarette with his forefinger and thumbs, throws it out onto the wet side walk. Slowly he retreats back inside to his warm, cosy room ignoring the noises coming from below.  To any normal person he's a just a plain, normal teenager who spends most of his time at home playing video games although some say a first impression is prejudice which with this kid would be true, getting to know him could be wise, or it could be dangerous.

          So we begin a typical day for the kid we call Brian, shower, breakfast everything you would expect from a normal teenager... It's after this where things seem to get confusing; he goes to school but not the standard public school. His school happens to be ten miles underground where human contact is at a bare minimum this isn't for the safety of the pupils, oh no, it’s for the safety of the humans that dare wander. Brian began at a public school although after two years of high school everything changed forever, not only for him but for his parents and family too. All will become explained along the way, see at birth Brian wasn't cared for fully by the hospital and for the first couple of years of his life his parents were always arguing and disagreeing, this brought him to think and act independently. Brian and his father had never been very close, the life changing process Brian undertook didn't help this fact, it just made it ten times worse, this eventually arrived at the point where Brian was tempted to get his father out of his life one way or another murder being an option. Around three weeks into Brian's changing process his father noticed he had more and more facial hair and this was increasing daily even when Brian had shaved. Slowly this continued to move along his body to his arms, which was when Brian's father had called the doctor to get him, checked out; of course doctors’ being as useless as they are at times, nothing was found. Though this wasn't your normal virus or bacteria, nor was it a disease per say... If you haven't already guessed Brian was changing to a werewolf, Before the fifth week of the change Brian had killed his father and was contemplating the same fate for his mother although no matter how long he spent thinking about it, the more he felt he couldn't do it, the more he felt that she brought him into the world, it wouldn't be fair for him to end it for her unprovoked.

          Every time he walks down stairs he finds his mother lying on the couch staring seemingly without thought at the TV, empty cans in which were lager scattered around the room. Brian's room was very much the same although the lager cans were replaced by energy drinks of all sorts of which his favourites were Monster and Rockstar distinguished by the number of those cans compared to any others. This is beside the point of the story, although rather appropriate, especially toward the death of his mother.

Everyone that knew Brian knew what he was, who he was and why he was it. This was not only a werewolf but also caffeine junky, it was this 'problem' that caused his mothers’ death, and an argument broke out during which Brian lost his cool. I need not say more. As obviously as this shows, Brian was living at home alone, he had convinced himself because he had nobody, he needed nobody. This of course as any teenager knows is not true in the slightest. What Brian refused to accept was the fact he had friends, people like him, other werewolves.

          Brian's first couple of weeks in his new school went rather well considering he was learning about what he was becoming and having to deal with parents along with other stressful things which were a part of life. During the first month he had met a group of people who were his friends, though he wouldn’t admit to it. He had even managed to get into a fight over absolutely nothing at all. He hadn't even gotten to the transformation stage of his 'process' which was worrying. At least it was worrying for his tutor as from experience most male werewolves got more and more violent and aggressive as the progress through the changing process which theoretically means more fights, and possibly death for Brian if he couldn't control himself. His tutor knew this, so did his friends although they weren’t as friendly as Brian thought. After his second month of neglecting his friends, arguing with nearly everyone, constantly getting into scraps over nothing. They inevitably turned on him, started their own arguments with him and eventually all agreed to kick him out of the group, to leave him as he seemingly wanted. Alone. Nobody but him.

          It was probably this fact that led to the end of Brian. His independence got ahead of him. He wanted to be known as a legend, a hero, maybe even a saviour. To become this he did the most stupid and dangerous thing he could think of... Take on a group of slayers. Instead of picking a small, rather harmless group he decided to choose the most idiotic thing... A group of slayers known roundelay for taking out werewolves and vampires clearly not a good choice for one werewolf. The time he struck you could tell wasn't planned, if it was... There was no hope, not for Brian. Not without his friends, not without any backup.

          The night of his attack was during the middle of school summer break, very light, streets covered with children playing around with friends. The slayers walked fearlessly down the centre of the road like agents out of the matrix. Brian waited in a dark alley waiting for the slayers to pass, waiting for his time to shine a couple of minutes later they passed by him, they paused momentarily to look down the alley. Luckily Brian was stood in a shadowed area behind something so he wasn't spotted, or so he thought. The slayers weren't fools; they could tell someone was watching them. This was where Brian's downfall began and on this street, sadly ended. Brian waited till he thought they had ignored their senses, quietly moved out behind them and stuck two from behind near instantly killing them leaving long deep cuts in their back, they lay screaming for a couple of second which drew the attention of the other three. Brian had noticed them, but when he did it was too late, even with his split second reactions he couldn’t beat three slayers at once especially three of this aptitude. He was struck down in an instant, his legs broken. He lay on the ground growling and moaning as the slayer loaded into his rifle a pure silver bullet deemed to kill any vampire or werewolf. At this moment in time the other slayers smiled at the sudden ghost town like street with the only human contact other than the slayers were peering through the windows trying not to be spotted. As the slayer took one last look at Brian he snarled and gave a husky, grunt like laugh, held the rifle at near point blank range to Brian's head and slowly squeezed the trigger. That was the end of it all, the end of Brian, the end of the one man army he thought he could be. As the slayers walked off again in the style of matrix agents one gave a hefty grunt as he glanced over at a window to see a woman on the phone. For the next couple of minutes sirens were all to be heard as the slayers strolled down to the end of the road and down an alley out of view, to leave the emergency services to deal with what had happened. 



© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing