Chapter Twelve – An Enjoyable Eve’

Chapter Twelve – An Enjoyable Eve’

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Inside the living room the tension had only risen due to the noises coming from out on the street until Brian finally broke the silence, “So Bakar do you have any idea what I could have been hearing last night? Some raspy ghostly voice saying ‘Don’t ignore me’ I didn’t want to ask but I need to know…”

Bakar glanced at Angie, “Well Brian it could be numerous things, as Nikki said you could have just dreamt it, just do your best to ignore it.”

Brian again didn’t look convinced that Bakar had told him everything, but he didn’t question it as to save the tension but he knew Bakar was hiding something he just didn’t know what.

          Angie smiled and broke the silence by asking “So... What’re you two planning on doing today? Anything fun or just gonna laze around the new home and watch movies?”

Brian looked at Nikki and answered “Well I don’t really feel like going anywhere but after last night I want to get out of the house…”

“We could go for a walk down the beach?” Nikki suggested happily making Brian smile; he had forgotten how much he liked walking down the beach, the sounds and the atmosphere especially on a mild evening just as the sun sets on the horizon.

“That sounds good; I guess it’s a walk along the beach then, maybe watch a few movies until then,” Brian smiled at Nikki as he felt Bakara becoming more comfortable as if forgetting about the earlier subject, “What about you Angie? Any plans for the day? What ‘bout you Bakara?” Brian asked politely.

“Hmm not sure I think I’ll hang out with Levi, what about you Bakara?” Angie replied happily

“The usual hanging around the HQ keeping an eye on things I suppose, I’ll think more about Brian’s experience last night as well.”

The tension in the room seemed to rise again upon the experience being mentioned, as if whatever had caused the experience was still around manifesting itself within the atmosphere around them but again Brian brushed it off and did his best to ignore it and carry on, “Hopefully you'll come up with something that makes more sense than it being just a dream, because I know I was awake the second time...” Brian added casually, “Anyway I should probably get down to blockbuster and grab a couple movies, Angie, Bakara do you want to be dropped off anywhere on the way?”

Angie nodded “Yeah could you drop me off at the HQ,” Bakara nodded in agreement, “Hun do you wanna come too so you aren't here alone?” Brian asked Nikki as he slipped his arms around her waist kissing her softly; “Mhmm” Nikki mumbled through the kiss and giggled softly.

          Quarter of an hour later Brian and Nikki found themselves wandering into Blockbuster, “So whatcha wanna rent hun?” Brian asked as Nikki looked through the DVD covered walls, “Uhh this one... And this one, and this one!” Nikki said excited, “LOTR, Simpsons Movie and Rio,” Brian smiled “Alright hun.”

As the night continued on it got closer and closer to the early evening as Brian and Nikki left the house to head down for the beach. Just in time to watch the sun set together as they strolled along the beach alone in the summer breeze Brian paused for a moment looking out across the horizon, as Nikki turned to ask why he'd stopped he kissed her softly and whispered “I love you,” Nikki returned the gesture and wrapped her arms around Brian happily, “I love you too Brian.”


© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing