Chapter Seven – First Encounter

Chapter Seven – First Encounter

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Nikki sat silently for the rest of the journey mulling over all of the thoughts flying around in her head, what will Brian do, what Angie meant by “What he told me,” she gave out a small sigh as Angie swung round into a parking space outside the 'police station'

“I guess we should go make sure he's okay!” Nikki said as she opened the car door. Angie gave no reply but a look as if to say 'Nice idea Sherlock' Nikki was facing away from her at that point proceeding toward the big locked doors, Angie slowly but surely unlocked the doors to find the place had been ransacked, luckily she had locked the door to the cells with all five deadbolts so that was as it was left.

“For god's sake!” Angie yelled, “Those god damn vampire scum bags!”

“Uh... Vamp-What now?!” Nikki replied instantly, with a face of terror.

Angie looked at Nikki as if she was stupider than a bag of peanuts, “Yeah, vampires. I mean, I thought you would have assumed the whole... Werewolves are real then so are vampires, most other people do... Especially when they come here to see the place looking like this!” Angie looked a lot more stressed now than she was over Dave only minutes ago, “God I hate them so much.” Nikki just stood in amazement at the whole thing, until she spotted something in the corner of her eye.
“What the hell was that!?”
“What, what?” Angie quickly replied
“I’m not sure I just saw a flicker in the corner of my eye, a dark colour almost like a va-” Nikki managed to spill out the words before being interrupted.

“I really, REALLY hope you're wrong, and if you're joking you are sick...” before Angie could say any more there was a quiet swishing noise just after a flash of black in front of them, “Crap... Now I wish you were joking! Nikki get your back against a wall,”

“Wh-”
“JUST DO IT, NOW! There's only one reason that there would be a vampire in here, to harm you, the closest thing to Brian. He obviously came looking for Brian and since the door is unbreakable...”
“Okay,” Nikki moved shivering with pure fear she backed up into a corner with her back to the wall looking at Angie, who was slowly moving toward the desk, after only a few moments Angie pulled something from the desk and shouted over to Nikki, “Catch!” and threw a wooden cross over to her with UV light strips inside.

Nikki looked at Angie questioningly, “What's this for?”
Angie sighed, “You don't know anything about vampire's do you? They're scared of the holy, and sunlight burns them. The cross is the holy and the UV lights are... Well they recreate the effects of the sun so if you feel him near you just hold it straight up toward him.” Nikki whimpered in the corner slightly before holding steady and clutching the cross in her right hand. “Okay Nikki, I'm going to transform so I can see where the scum bag is, don't worry I can control my actions while transformed so I won't eat you.”

Nikki looked doubtful for obvious reason but eventually replied “Okay, just make sure this is over and done with as soon as possible, I want to see Brian!”

“Okay, just give me a minute,” Angie transformed flawlessly seemingly without any pain at all, she glanced around quickly then stopped, staring at the corner opposite Nikki, Angie kept the stare strong while Nikki heard her voice in her head 'He's in that corner, hold the cross toward him' not knowing what was happening she followed her instinct and listened, she slowly lifted her right arm toward the corner and sure enough there was a faint fizzing sound and some smoke. Quickly enough the vampire dropped down to the floor and lost its cloaking. Angie immediately jumped on top of him threateningly and transformed back into a human. “Do you want to die, scum?” she asked purposely threatening him more,

“N-N-No,” he stammered shaking more than a wet dog. Angie looked into his eyes making hers flash a deep colour of red, “Then leave this place and never return, you will not get a third chance!” as she stood up the vampire scrambled to his feet and literally sprinted out of the door.

          Nikki looked at Angie, “How the hell... What the... I am so confused.”

“Okay well, firstly congratulations you just uncovered your first vampire, and such a scrawny one he was. Secondly, I'm glad you listened to me, yes that was my voice you heard, I forgot to tell you I can use telepathy so if you hear me in your head... That's probably me; I won't abuse the fact though.”

Nikki looked more confused than before Angie had explained, “Wait, what did you mean when you said he wanted to harm me because he couldn't get to Brian?!”

Angie sighed slightly.

“Well, there's one thing I didn't tell you. Brian is what you could call a chosen one, werewolves and vampires have been at each other's throats for years, decades even. But now we have the advantage with Brian, so obviously they want him out of the picture before he learns and grows within himself.”

“Wait what do you mean by you have the advantage?” Nikki looked concerned, not only for her own safety but Brian's too.

“Well if Brian chooses the side of the werewolves, we'll teach him how to control himself, telepathy and some other things. Basically he has more capability to learn than the rest of us, making him stronger. This is why he is so feared.”

Nikki looked growingly concerned “Okay so, all that aside... Can I see Brian now?”

Angie looked softly at Nikki and gave her a reassuring smile, “I just want you to know, he told me he loves you and if he does choose the side of the werewolf he will be fine. There will be at least five werewolves around him at all times, even while he's at home they'll be lurking around, for his safety of course. You won't even know we're there, and neither will the vampires, which gives us another advantage.” After her short speech she unlocked all the bolts and led Nikki down to Brian. 


© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing