Chapter Eight – The Decision

Chapter Eight – The Decision

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Nikki, after talking to Brian for a short time heard Angie's voice again, 'Can you wrap it up, I need to talk to him about, his choice. Thanks' Nikki obeyed and quickly let Angie through to talk to Brian,

“Brian you're about to hear something, it's really important to your survival as a werewolf, if you choose to be one. This isn't a police station, as Nikki figured out. I've explained this all to her, if you wish to have her here too just say so,” before she could continue Brian took her offer and Nikki brought a chair through and sat down. “Okay so, as I said, this isn't a police station. It is in fact a guild in a sense, but for werewolves. As I also explained to Nikki, vampires also exist and have been at our throats as we at theirs for decades.”

Brian looked questioningly “So how does this affect me?”

“Well, you are what one could call a chosen one, you have the best capability of learning and growing which in turn makes you a lot stronger than the rest of us, the vampires fear you greatly, in fact there was one here when we got back from d- Never mind that, my point is that Nikki helped me fend one off. So to get down to the nitty gritty, you have a choice of either joining the guild and learning, growing, and thwarting the vampire scum, or you can simply go back to living life normally. I have to tell you though, whichever choice it is, you will still need to under-go some training, and because we can't guarantee that because you choose otherwise the vampires will leave you alone. I'll leave you with Nikki for a couple minutes so you can make a decision.” as she said that Angie got up slowly and wandered back to the front room to tidy up the mess left behind.

          Brian sat looking at the ground thinking, “So what do you think I should do?” he asked.

“Well, I'm not sure, but why are you asking me, I mean it's your life it'll change.”

Brian smiled slightly, “Well, Nikki. I love you, and I want this to be as much you're choice as mine because I don't want this to affect us any more than it has to.”

Nikki went that all familiar shade of red and giggled, “I love you too Brian, I think you should do it.”

“Huh, do what, stay human or go werewolf?” Nikki giggled again “Go werewolf of course, I mean it would be amazing to see you kicking vampires around the place but, it's like Angie said. Even if you choose humanity there's no guarantee that we'll be left alone.”

Brian smiled and thought for a second, “You know, you're right. I agree completely with that. I'm gonna do it, and bring the kicking to the vampires!”

Angie smiled to herself in the other room and shouted through “I suppose you've decided then!” and gave out a little laugh. As she walked back down the corridor to Brian, he said “Oh, by the way Angie. I heard you telling Nikki to hurry up.”

“What, how? I said it telepathically there's no wa- Wait, can you hear this?”

Nikki heard Angie in her head again 'Paging the great couple Nikki and Brian' blushing again Nikki smiled at Brian, “So did ya hear anything?” Brian smirked.

“Yep, 'paging the great couple Nikki and Brian'”

Angie looked at Brian in astonishment, “Well the only reason for this... You've gained telepathy... But how?” Angie glanced down at her watch “Wait, its only 4am you should still be a werewolf... Don't tell me you-”

Brian smirked again “Yeah, I transformed back when I heard all the commotion in the front room in case they got in so it didn't seem a lot weirder than it should”

Angie went pale “This is incredible, there has never been any record of this happening before, no wonder that vampire stuck around. Although if he knew anything of this he would have had the sense to leave a lot sooner.”

“Well, I guess knowing this my choice is pretty much made for me isn't it, but either way whatever happens, I just want you to know Nikki. You've made me the happiest man.. Werewolf.. Whatever, alive and I love you.”

Nikki sat covering her face with her hands, rubbing her eyes slightly she revealed her rose red face and replied with a tear of joy rolling down her cheek, “I love you too Brian, and I'm glad this is working out, whatever happens I'll always stand by you.” Angie smiled and went to continue cleaning up after unlocking Brian's cell.

“Uh, we should probably give Angie a hand cleaning up.” Nikki said smiling at Brian to her surprise he kissed her softly and agreed.

As they walked in Angie glanced over her shoulder, “We figured we should help you clean up, since we'll be here a lot now we may as well do our part.” Nikki said picking up some paper that had been violently flipped off the desk with the sorting trays; Angie smiled and thanked them while still cleaning.


© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing