Chapter Ten – Pre-emptive Strike

Chapter Ten – Pre-emptive Strike

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Early the next morning Brian awoke to the scent of perfectly fried bacon and sausages as he slowly thumped down the stairs still in his boxers he heard the voice of Angie “Morning sleepy head” then again but the voice he could never forget, Nikki, “Morning babe,” she said warmly with a smile as Brian went to flop down onto the couch that was non-existent. Nikki rushed through hearing the loud thud of Brian slamming his tail bone into the ground with all his body weight “Oh my god are you okay?!” Nikki yelled trying to hold back the giggles “Hun did you forget what was happening today? We're moving to that other house... Bakar and Merodak have taken the couch and most of the other things round there already... That's why you’re sitting on your butt!” Nikki pulled Brian to his feet and gave him a long warm hug then softly kissed his cheek, “Breakfast will be ready in a minute, oh and you might want to get dressed Angie is in the kitchen too.” she said as she walked slowly toward the source of the beautiful scent giggling softly.

          Brian still dazed stood for a moment and shook his head before groggily heading back upstairs to put some clothes on.

Angie sat quietly in the kitchen admiring Nikki's cooking skills, “Heh Brian's a lucky guy. Wonderful girl like you, gorgeous, smart and you can cook.” Nikki blushed and smiled as Brian stood in the doorway admiring her, “I sure am the luckiest guy alive.” he confirmed.

“Okay you can stop now,” Nikki smiled as she hugged Brian again, “Here you go hun. Just eat quickly okay we need to head over to the new house soon.” she said as she handed him the plate of bacon and sausage sandwiches. Brian mumbled as he took a bite out of a sandwich while Angie seemingly disappeared out of the room and into the garden silently to talk to Levi who had accompanied her back to the house earlier in the morning. Brian caught a murmur of what they were talking about but it didn't interest him at all, girly stuff as per usual.

Slowly Brian strolled toward the new house, clutching Nikki's hand as he went, they stopped just around the corner both smiling into each other's eyes seemingly perfectly synced together and sighed before proceeding confidently toward their new home.

 

“Welcome Brian, Nikki,” a familiar voice greeted them. It was Bakar, stood calmly under the canopy of a huge willow tree “I see you found your way here eventually, with ease I would imagine?” he asked, pausing for a moment to think Brian had noticed something was bothering Bakar but he couldn't quite figure out what. Acting upon instinct he squeezed Nikki's hand gently and asked “It was a fairly easy place to find I guess although more to the point is everything okay? You seem a little bewildered, kind of on edge?”

          Bakar diverted his gaze toward the end of the street glancing around quickly back and forth across the road as if he was following a fly until suddenly as if he had awoken from some sort of dream his piercing gaze snapped back to Brian, “No there's nothing wrong I'm still a little shocked about this whole fiasco is all... Anyway let's go inside it's time to give you the tour!”

“Alright let's go” Brian replied obviously not convinced by Bakar but he let it go and hugged tightly Nikki as they approached the door. Not having any idea what to expect. 



© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing