Chapter Eleven – Voices Of The Night

Chapter Eleven – Voices Of The Night

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

“Brian… Brian wake up… Brian!” a ghostly voice could be heard within the new home of Brian and Nikki. Brian turned eyes barely open glancing at the clock on his end table, “Huh… 3:17am,” Brian glanced over at Nikki who was sleeping like a log next to him and smiled softly before relaxing and closing his eyes again.

“Brian… Don’t ignore me…” Brian’s eyes shot open as the voice returned, Brian called, his voice shaking

“Who… Who’s there?!”

“Brian, stay calm I need to talk to y-“

“Where are you!? Who are you?!” Brian yelled back waking Nikki. Brian sat shaking as Nikki slowly sat up and looked at him puzzlingly,

“What’re you yelling about hun? Did you have a bad dream?” Nikki wrapped her arms around him trying to help stop him shaking “Babe calm down everything’s fine, we’re alone I promise, you just had a bad dream.”

Brian sat in Nikki’s arms still shaking slightly when he replied questioningly “I- I heard a voice… It was, like a ghost or something,” Nikki sat and thought still holding Brian close enough so she could feel him shaking, “Hun listen to me it was just a dream. Calm down and try to sleep okay? It’s 3:25am,”

Brian sat silently, motionless for a couple of minutes just staring into the darkness, Nikki sighed softly and relaxed backward slowly closing her eyes in thought.

Brian eventually moved to look at Nikki, “Please tell me, that you heard the voice as well..?” Nikki leant forward and softly kissed Brian, “I’m sorry hun I was asleep, you yelling woke me up, what did it say, or sound like?” Nikki questioned, lying still,

“Well I’m not too sure, it sounded like a raspy ghostly voice calling my name,” Brian shivered thinking about everything else “I ignored it and went to close my eyes to sleep and I heard it again saying not to ignore it…” Nikki’s eyes suddenly flicked open and she threw her arms around Brian and clung to him and worryingly said “Don’t worry about it babe, I’m sure it’s just Angie or someone trying to play a trick on us, you know like a housewarming thing..” Brian sighed heavily as Nikki kissed his forehead and pulled him down “Just ignore it and try to sleep; we’ll talk to Bakar about it later.” To Nikki’s surprise Brian agreed and closed his eyes.

          Several hours passed until Brian came round and sat up slowly glancing around the room for Nikki, suddenly he panicked remembering the events of the night and ran downstairs to find Nikki, Angie and Bakar sitting on the couch in the living room,

“Hey there sleepy head,” Angie taunted giggling softly

“Uh Yeah… I’ll go get dressed now…” Brian replied walking out of the room embarrassed hearing laughter as he left “I’m such a dumbass he mumbled,” nearly tripping up the stairs as he heard Angie shout “No, you’re just silly!” Brian ignored the taunt and continued to trudge up the stairs.

          Nikki smiled as Brian appeared back in the doorway “Morning hun, you sleep okay after last night’s fiasco?” Nikki asked making Angie and Bakar look somewhat uncomfortable, giggling at what she just said Nikki explained “It’s not what you think don’t worry, Brian thought he heard a voice during the night, it really freaked him out. I woke up to him yelling something and he just sat there shaking for at least fifteen minutes.”

Rather than easing the tension in the room this just made Bakar look more uncomfortable than before and again Brian noticed seamlessly but didn’t ask he just waited for Bakar to respond upon his own will.


© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing