Chapter Six - What Next?

Chapter Six - What Next?

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Brian lay writhing in pain on the ground of the cell as Angie calmly strolled passed the steel cage fence at the front of the cell, bars two inches thick in diameter bisected horizontally by rectangular bars five inches wide and three inches deep there was no way Brian was going to escape. Quietly Angie sat down after glancing into Dave's cage seeing him lying quietly, alone, lonely as he was before.

“You okay Dave?” She whispered through the bars not letting anyone else hear her. She was gifted with a subtle “Yeah I guess so” followed by a sigh, though to her unbelief not a sigh of relief more disappointment.

“What's up? I know some thing’s bothering you,” she whispered again.

“Well I guess I just found the thought of being a werewolf cool... That's that thought shoved out of the window into a huge pile of sh- crap on the roadside.” He replied rather angrily at the fact of him still being human and able to communicate without ripping off the face of something... Or someone. He could hear clearly the noise coming from Brian's cell as he continued writhing around while his back slowly got more and more deformed and the vertebrae got more and more visible it was clear he was infected... And he was changing. Angie wasn't worried at all as she knew the bars were strong enough to hold a werewolf. Five minutes passed and all seemed calm again in the cell block Dave lay quiet as ever as did Brian, which is what Angie couldn't understand. As she strolled passed Dave's cage he coughed loudly and sat hunched over the edge of the counter that was used as a bed, Angie did her best to ignore Dave as she quickly checked on Brian, who as per usual was fine, just being his quiet self as Angie appeared in front of the caged entrance Brian seemed confused, whether this was his black and white vision of Angie being impaired by the bars of the cage or just figuring out what Angie was she didn't know but what she did know was that Brian had changed and this change is to become his future. Slowly Angie turned to walk toward the refrigerator room to get Brian some meat until she heard Dave cough as if he was convulsing she made the short dash to his cell to see a small puddle of blood on the floor in front of a hunched over Dave. “Oh shi- what the hell am I going to do?! I can't call some sort of emergency service because of Brian, and I can't move Dave because... Well... Yeah he's dying!” worrying like a teenager over whether they get the latest phone for Christmas she started running around in a panic until, “I know what I can do.. I could let Bry- No! That would never work people would wonder where he was then it would be traced back to me! Argh! What the hell am I going to do?!” Angie cried as time was running out like the pool of blood from his cell. “Okay well let's kill two birds with one stone... Perhaps.” Angie said calmly to herself as she picked up the phone to call Nikki. “H-Hello?” Angie heard quietly down the phone, “Hi Nikki, It's Angie from the police station, could you bring some clothes around for Brian please, also I need your help with something, please get here as quickly as you can!”

“Um... Okay, I'll be there in five.” Nikki replied questioningly.

          Time seemed to pass slowly for Angie as she waited patiently for Nikki to arrive, hoping her reaction to the river of blood not being too bad. As Nikki burst through the doors with a Tesco bag with some clothes of Brian's. “What's wrong Angie?? You sounded really scared and panicky on the phone!” Angie sat still and motioned for Nikki to look to the side to see the river of blood, as Nikki's head turned her voice slowly increased in pitch until it was a scream Angie still sat unchanged to her surroundings. Nikki had finally stopped screaming and got up the courage to take a look into Dave's cell to see a lifeless body slumped in a pool of blood with blood slowly escaping from the mouth as if he was dribbling in his sleep but his saliva a sparkling scarlet red. Turning slowly to Angie, Nikki said violently “What the HELL did you do?!” Angie smirked some, “I didn't do anything hun, I talked to Dave and he said he felt fine then minutes later he started coughing up blood and convulsing violently, I couldn't do anything. If I called for an ambulance they would notice the werewolf in the next cell and start aski-” Nikki interrupted “Wait...? A werewol- Oh my god, BRIAN!” dashing to his cell her face dropped, the shock on her face was incredible, Angie seemed to appear silently next to her. “Hey, don't worry about Brian, why did you think I asked you to bring some clothes down? Brian's fine, be glad he or rather his body accepted the change... Unlike Dave's, hence the pool of blood and a dead body.” Nikki looked blankly at Angie, and then back to Brian “Well yeah, I assumed this is why but I guess I just got hit by shock when the realisation actually hit me. I see why you asked for my help as well but I don't see how I can help you. I mean, you said Dave's body didn't accept the change and well he's dead what could a nurse do to help. An autopsy won't show a cause of death that makes sense the cause of death is the same as the body not accepting the change included with vampirism. But my question is... What are you actually running here? Because this sure as hell isn't a police station! I know that this isn't the police station because I checked on a map!”

          Angie sighed deeply “Okay, help me dispose of Dave and I'll explain everything. Just let me get something to occupy Brian while we're gone.” slowly she returned with a hunk of meat the size of an ox's leg, “This should do,” she said hurling the chunk of meat through the gate before Nikki slammed it closed again. “Okay so what are we gonna do about Dave..?” Angie asked, “Well I guess we could stick him in a bin liner with some rocks and dump him off the bridge just outside of town...” replied Nikki hesitantly. Angie looked at her thinking, “That'll have to do because I got nothing, let's go.”

          Jumping back from the bridge wall so as not to get wet by the water that flew up as the back hit the water like a sack of sh- Yeah that. “Okay so now that he's dealt with... What kind of shoddy place are you running?” Nikki asked. Angie regretted letting Nikki find out about it all but she figured it was best to explain rather than run the risk of others becoming involved. “Well you already know that it's not the police station, to put it basically, you've heard of things like the dark brotherhood and other... Guilds, for lack of another word I'm a recruiter for our group, only instead of it being humans we're werewolves... As you can clearly tell I'm not a werewolf, at the moment. I have a special skill that I have honed to perfection letting me choose when I want to transform-”

“So does that mean-”

“Yes that meant I can transform right now if I wanted to, but you'll just have to trust me that I won't. Anyway, now that Brian has accepted the change he is illegible to join the brotherhood, in doing so he will get a choice of two skills that he will be taught and as he goes through the ranks he will gain more skills, obviously if he wants to put this all behind him he can choose the skill of transformation like I did and after perfecting it just not using it and staying in human form.”

“Wow. This is a lot to take in” Nikki murmured

“Yeah, so that's the basics. How do you feel about this? I mean, it's Brian's choice overall but I'm sure you'll play a part in his choice whether to join and go through the ranks or just stay human. But for now let's just get back and make sure he's okay and has us around him when he transforms back into a human.”

“Okay out of everything that's happened tonight I actually agree with what you just said,” Nikki proclaimed “Well, about getting back to Brian, I mean I doubt what I think will affect his decision...”

“Well, you may be pleasantly surprised if he tells you what he told me, about how he feels about you.” Angie replied happily, as she pulled the car away from the curb.


© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing