Chapter Fourteen – An Explanation

Chapter Fourteen – An Explanation

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Early morning, the birds outside cheeping happily without a care, everyone driving to work wishing it was a Saturday, while Brian sat on the couch his arm around Nikki who was sleeping snuggly against him covered by a blanket. As Brian reached for the TV remote to change the channel he heard Nikki mutter “Brian… Help me.” Brian confused and slightly scared shook Nikki gently to wake her, “Are you okay hun?” Nikki looked at him questioningly, “Yeah I’m fine, why did something happen?” Brian shook his head lightly, “No, no you just seemed a little restless is all don’t worry.”

Sometimes lying can be a good thing Brian thought to himself… Especially in a situation like that, he let out a small sigh, “Do you want anything to eat hun?” he asked as he got up off the couch, glancing back he saw Nikki had already dozed off again so rather than wake her again he grabbed the cordless and went into the kitchen.

          “Uh hello, Bakara? It’s Brian… We need to talk,” he calmly spoke down the phone, “Something happened last night, please just get over here as soon as you can, I’m going to call Ang-“ Bakar cut him off, “You needn’t bother Angie is here with me, Levi is as well we’re on our way round now. Angie said she sensed something last night. Wake Nikki and meet us in the garden we’ll be there in five minutes.” Bakara hung up as he ended his sentence leaving Brian curious but instead of thinking he just acted, he woke Nikki up and told her what was happening, “Brian, if this is true then there must be something… Please, just don’t leave me alone?” Brian nodded, a couple of minutes later both Brian and Nikki were sitting out in the garden on the bench with a warm drink awaiting the imminent arrival of Bakar, Angie and Levi. It took a little longer than expected but eventually Bakar was lead through the side gate into the garden by Angie, followed by Levi. “Hi Bakar,” Brian quickly began talking but Bakar held up a finger silencing him, “We don’t talk now, no idea who could be around listening. Follow me.” Bakar continued walking up to a wall extended out of the house, Brian always wondered what that was as there was no access from within the house or seemingly outside, Bakar leant over and pulled a lever hidden away and a hatch opened in the wall. Silently they all followed Bakar down the ladders into what seemed to be an area of the basement cut off from the rest.

“Alright we’re safe in here.” Bakar said openly, “Alright so I’ll start by explaining our knowing, and I’ll let you fill in the blanks Brian, or Nikki of course.”

Before Bakar could continue Angie cut in, “I’m sorry Bakar but I think I should begin explaining,” Bakar nodded swiftly, “As you were Angie, go ahead.”

Angie nodded and continued, “So after me and Levi had gotten home last night we relaxed and watched TV and lost track of time. Anyway as the time approached 2am I began feeling a little uncomfortable but I couldn’t explain it, I just put it off thinking it was something I had eaten biting back but as time passed it only got worse as 3am struck I began feeling a sense of danger, so naturally Levi insisted I stay over but I couldn’t sleep… Around 4am I started feeling better but I was still scared and confused so I called Bakar and explained to him what had happened. He told me he felt the same unnerving and danger and to meet him at the HQ, of course Levi being himself insisted he accompanied me and I wasn’t in any way complaining because I still didn’t feel safe. Anyway-“ Bakar cut Angie off with a raised hand and silently he listened, “Alright it was nothing, I apologise I thought I heard something. I’ll continue if I may?” Angie nodded and Bakar continued, “Anyway after Angie and Levi had met me at the HQ we started thinking about what it could have been, Angie realised that it was around 3:15am that she felt most uncomfortable and that was the same for me, then we both remembered what had happened yesterday morning and worry struck us like a truck on the freeway. We did our best to let you call first and luckily you did. Now explain what happened, if you would.” Bakar requested.

Nikki looked at Brian, who nodded back, “Well I guess I’ll explain because it happened to me this time. I was awoken by a weird noise in the middle of the night, around 3:15am… White noise, from our radio on the end table it kept getting gradually louder and louder so I got up to turn it down thinking Brian had messed with it and accidently took it out of tune and the alarm had reset or something except the buttons weren’t doing anything, I couldn’t tune it to a station or turn it down, the volume was at max and it kept getting louder, scared out of my mind I jumped back onto the bed and woke Brian. He got up and unplugged it as it turned to 3:17am but the white noise continued and the display on the front changed from 3:17am to what looked like text that said ‘Ha:Ha’ as if it was laughing at Brian unplugging it…” Brian wrapped his arms around Nikki and squeezed her, “After that we went downstairs and watched a movie and Nikki ended up falling asleep leaning against me, as I leant to grab the remote for the TV I heard her mumble ‘Brian… Help me.’ And I woke her up. I didn’t mention it because I didn’t want to worry you love. That’s when I called you Bakar.”

          Bakar sat deep in thought for a moment, and then he nodded and under his breath replied, “Alright it seems to be as I thought… Angie, do you remember back to the last… Chosen one…?” Bakar asked looking at Angie worryingly,

“Of course I do Bakar, why do you ask? Ah wait am I following what you’re thinking? The reason we had to turn him away… Per say?” worry had snuck its way into Angie’s expressions which worsened with Bakar’s nod. “Oh my…” Angie said cut off by Nikki, “What… What happened to the last one?”

          Bakar took a deep breath and began explaining, “Well you see, Tony wasn’t very strong willed, he was easy to persuade… and that’s the main weakness a vampire will look for in someone. You see a lot of what you hear about vampires isn’t actually true,  but the fact that they can control the thoughts of others is indeed very true, and the fact Tony was easily persuaded became his downfall. He was approached constantly by vampires acting like humans and eventually they managed to break through and persuade him to try to knock me off as you would put it…” Bakar winced, “As soon as word got back to me he was taken out swiftly before I could give my command to bring him to HQ where we would then get information and kill him… I believe what you could be experiencing is his spirit trying to get revenge via you, Brian.”


© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing