Chapter Nine – Meeting The Boss

Chapter Nine – Meeting The Boss

A Chapter by CynicalJedi

Later that night as Angie had finished cleaning up she heard rustling outside then a faint sound of footsteps, after what had happened earlier she was still feeling on edge so she locked the front doors with the three deadbolts and slithered silently out of the back door to her shock she was met by the stare of the head werewolf,

“Uh Bakar, what are you doing here?” Angie stumbled over her words “Well, I got word that the chosen one is here.. Is this correct?” he replied stiffly, his deep red eyes glared toward Angie as if to pierce her very soul. “Well? Is he?” Bakar asked again.

“W-Well, he was. I mean yes but he's at his home now.” Angie replied still trying to recover from the shock.

“Why did you let him leave you bloody fool! You know the vampires fear him greatly what makes you think he hasn't been followed!?”

“W-Well he was escorted with his girlfriend by some more werewolves that are going to stay with them tonight to make sure nothing happens,” Angie replied quickly looking more scared than before. “I'm sure he'll be fine.”

Bakar looked blankly at Angie, “You are, are you? It's to my understanding that when you returned from disposing of a body there was a vampire inside the lobby trying to get through to kill the chosen one!” Bakar rumbled.

Angie stood silently scared rigid, she had never seen Bakar this angry before, eventually she mustered up the courage to reply, “That's correct, although his girlfriend of all people helped me get rid of this vampire... Believe me he wouldn't have returned... If you wish I can show you to his home so you can meet him personally.”

Bakar smirked upon hearing this, “That's the most intelligent thing I've heard you say so far, lead the way… If by the time we get there he's dead I swear you will regret it. That's a promise not a threat.”

Angie winced, “I've always admired your sense of humour, anyway follow me.”

          On entering the rough vicinity of Brian's home Bakar stopped still, Angie turned and looked at him questioningly, “What now?”

Bakar stood silently for a minute until he replied “Well.. This is awful news, for the guild, but especially for Brian. He's in extreme danger, have you any idea how close he lives to the local vampire meeting area?” he asked Angie, who stood there without an answer, “Let me answer that for you... Roughly a 5 minute walk, which for a vampire is seconds.”

Angie instantly replied “Oh crap.. So what do we do?”

Bakar looked surprised at Angie again, “Well to begin with we make sure Brian is fine. Then we find him a place to live closer to our meeting place.” Bakar sighed lightly, “Okay let's just get to his house.” Looking to Angie he nodded slightly and they continued walking.

          Slowly they approached Brian's house, the lights were still on in the living room so they were still up, Bakar slowly gazing at his surroundings scouting out for any unwanted visitors. Angie knocked on the door quietly while Bakar stood silent, still looking around he spotted the other werewolves sent with Brian and Nikki, Hezekiah sitting quietly in one tree nods to Bakar, same for Merodak and Levi whom were hiding elsewhere. “Okay there doesn't seem to be any vampires around here, and you chose well with the people to send along.” Bakar whispered to Angie who started smiling receiving this compliment. “Thanks, I chose the smartest and the strongest.” after a couple of minutes Brian still hadn't opened the door, “Give me a minute.” Angie said as she channelled energy through her brain and sure enough Nikki opened the door, surprised to see Angie at 11pm, and another face she didn't recognise. “Uh, Hi Angie, what's up? Come in.” she said quickly.

          “So, what brings you here this late Angie? But more to the point, who's your guest?” Nikki asked naively.

“Well Nikki, this is B-” Angie was interrupted by Bakar,

“I'm Bakar, head of the Werewolf clan, nice to meet you, Nikki is it?” he stretched out an arm to shake hands with Nikki,

“Yep, I'm Nikki, Brian's girlfriend.” Nikki said as she shook hands with Bakar, “Brian should be through in a minute he was just making a drink.”

“Did I hear my name?” Brian asked as he walked through the hallway into the living room, “Oh, Hiya Angie.. Bakar, I believe?” Brian said smiling extending an arm to shake hands with Bakar.

“Indeed, I am Bakar, but how did you know? Never mind that doesn't matter. Anyway down to business. Brian, we are troubled to inform you that you live 5 minutes away from the local vampire meeting place...”

Nikki gasped as Brian held her hand softly, “So what does this mean?” Brian asked, “I mean obviously it's not safe for either me or Nikki.”

Bakar smiled slightly “I'm glad you understand Brian, more-so than Angie did at first. I've found a place close to our meeting place which I can arrange for you to live in, rather than here. Being closer to our meeting place where there are always a couple of werewolves hanging around, for example Levi and Hezekiah. Of course I can get everything from here taken there as well. All free of charge.”

Brian looked shocked, “What do you mean free of charge? Surely you'll want something in return?”

Bakar sighed softly, “Well son you are our chosen one, and you have chosen our side that's good enough for me to do a couple of good deeds for you.”

Brian sat happily surprised “Wow, thanks Bakar,” Nikki answered for him.

“It’s nothing, trust me. When do you wish to move? Preferably as soon as possible due to the circumstances of your current location.” Bakar asked, Nikki sat and thought for a moment. “Well, I don't have work tomorrow and I can call in the day after and explain why I can't go in, someone will cover for me. So, tomorrow should be fine.”

“Yeah, tomorrow's fine,” Brian confirmed. Angie smiled due to the convenience of the matter, “Great, then it shall be done!” Bakar said happily. ”Brian, if you don't mind I would prefer to stay here tonight, for your safety. That way you can be sure even if anything happens you'll have me for a last resort which I’m sure won't be needed because Levi, Hezekiah and Merodak are the most intelligent werewolves around here, other than me of course, but that’s naturally because I’m the head wolf.” Bakar smiled as Brian replied, “Yeah that's fine as long as you're okay with sleeping on the couch,” chuckling slightly.

Bakar glanced over his shoulder, “Will you be okay travelling home alone Angie? Feel free to ask one of the other werewolves to escort you.”

“I'll be okay Bakar, I think I'll ask Levi though just to make me feel a bit more comfortable.”

As Angie got up, Nikki and Brian showed her to the door, “Goodnight Angie.” they both chimed as she disappeared with Levi by her side.



© 2013 CynicalJedi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013


Author

CynicalJedi
CynicalJedi

United Kingdom



About
Nooby writer from the north of England. Writing stories, sipping tea and eating crumpets! Oh I like Star Wars too :) more..

Writing