First Day of School

First Day of School

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew sets off for his first day of sixth grade, and the rest of his life!

"
John walked into the Capital Building.
"I feel like I am making a huge mistake" he thought to himself.
"Were dealing with the lives and innocence of children not adults." 
His mind plagued him with the idea that was going to be decided today. Whether to enforce this program or not. Either way would be dangerous. If it were enforced the children could be in great danger every second of their life. If unenforced the U.S would be at a shortage of "pure bred heroes".

"Senator Boyd what is your vote."
John could only barley breath let alone think. The fate of thousands of children was left in this vote and with a tally of 50 for 49 against it was all up to him. "I...I" John stammered. " I vote for the bill."
"Then it is decided" said the head of the senate. "On the first day of schools all over the country Operation School will be put into effect.

Peakdale, NY 
September 21st 2006

Andrew rode the bus in silence. Other kids in 6th grade were talking. They were all excited for their first day of school. They were excited to meat there teachers and their classmates. They were excited for their schedules and what they would be learning that year. Not Andrew. He barley cared enough to answer questions when asked by friends. 
The bus pulled over and immediately as the door swung open the bus driver said "Have a nice day".
"What's gonna be so nice about it" Andrew thought to himself but he said "Thank You".

In the hallway Andrew met a couple kids and talked to people he knew, but other than that he didn't do much. Finally a teacher walked out of her classroom and said "Homeroom, everyone go to Homeroom".
Inside Homeroom were large desks that looked like they could store something but had no way of getting inside. Andrew sat down in the desk he was ordered to sit in based on last name. His name began with N he was situated towards the left of the room near the door and near the front. This was because his Homeroom had kids with last names designated L-P. Then his teacher miss Phillips walked to the front of the room. Any previous noise was quickly quieted. "Welcome to Pepham House 6th grade. I am Misses Phillips and I will be your trainer". 
Before Andrew or anyone else could think "what does she mean trainer?" she explained “You have all been partially drafted into an advanced Government training system. We are known as Operation School. We will train you to be deadly fighters. We will train you to be excellent strategists. We well train you to be amazing intellects. We will make you Pure bred heroes. Operation School must remain a secret until the Government decides it is the right time to reveal its existence". At that moment the desks opened up to reveal a simple panel. A button for yes and a button for no.
"By pressing yes you declare your allegiance to operation school and its cause. You will be trained and some of you will be killed. Your families must not know until the time is right. By pressing no your memory of this conversation will be erased and you will be relocated to Maroow house to resume normal civilian life. The choice is up to you." 
Andrew looked at the button. At this moment it didn't matter what his friends did. It didn't matter what they wanted him to do. All that mattered was what he wanted to do. After several minutes of thinking he clicked one button.
Yes.

Andrew fiddled with the weapon in his hand as he sin his seat. The second he had clicked "yes" on the machine it flipped over and gave Andrew two things. A piece of equipment which was a grapple and A Handgun. The teacher referred to it as a Magnum. However it looked much more futuristic. It was very cubical and had a scope on it. They were told that they would be using much updated weapons during their career. 

"Welcome to offensive training" said Mrs. Phillips “here you will learn how to use your weapons and skills effectively to win any battle."
The classroom, which at one point resembled a math classroom, had been totally re-created. Weapons hung on the walls, targets were on all sides of the room, there were dummies where the desks had once been, and a moving target shooting gallery. 
"What is this?" one boy, named Mike, said.
"Why it's your new training room" said Mrs. Phillips.
"You" she said to Andrew "come up here and take a shot at a target"
Andrew walked up to a short, white, line. He closed his eyes. He thought about which target to shoot. He c#%$& the gun, aimed at the target in front of him, began to put pressure on the trigger, spun 180 degrees, and fired.
"What the hell was that.”?
"Why would you do that.”?
"What was that for" were just some of the things his classmates screamed in anger of his impulsive movement. However Mrs. Phillips was calm and simply stated
"Bulls eye".
Sure enough the shot had hit a direct bull’s eye on the target.
"Excellent, for such an amazing move like that, here's a reward for that shot." 
Mrs. Phillips went over to her desk and took out something. In her hand it looked like a small metal tube. 
"Attach this to the underside of your gun." Andrew did so as if he were a professional. 
"Now turn it on" Mrs. Phillips said.
Andrew flicked a switch on the device. On the wall in front of him a red dot appeared. 
"In case you haven't figured out it's a red dot sight" she said.
"I noticed" were the only words Andrew could manage to say. 
"Well I hope you like it" turning her attention back to the class she stated "resume training".

"Welcome class to A.I training" the teacher stated "I am Ms. Reinhart and I will be your instructor for this class. A.I stands for Artificial intelligence. They are computer programs that are designed to have personalities and are meant to help in battle. You will all be receiving two A.I units. One is designated with a name that corresponds to the Greek alphabet. The other decided there name." she continued "When you receive your units you may put them in the holo-drives and they will display themselves with an Avatar."
Andrew looked at his table. Two metal computer chips and a big device with a clear surface. He took the chips and placed them into the slots of the device. Immediately the device lit up and displayed two figures. One figure was green and wore futuristic armor with an interesting helmet design. The second figure was pink and looked like a female but the only detailed part of her body was the face. "Greetings I am A.I unit number 12.14.16.81 OS Codename Delta." the green figure stated. He spoke in a robotic yet humanoid voice. "And I am Cortana. That's all that you need to know. I understand that unlike jabber mouth over here." Cortana spoke in a much more humanoid voice. "I am sorry if I was being courteous" Delta said
"Save it" Cortana said. Than glancing at Andrew said "and you are?"
Andrew was still amazed by the two things standing in front of him. They were so human. It was almost scary how close to a human they were.
"Are you going to answer the question...?”
Andrew snapped back "I'm Andrew."
"Andrew... Nice name"
"thank you."
Andrew and the A.I chatted for the rest of the class. Andrew liked being able to talk to them. Then the teacher said they could leave. Andrew packed everything up and left. 


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac