Encore

Encore

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andre and Slosheey meet Tim and bring him along with them during a defense of D.C. Meanwhile, Mrs. Phillips and MacTavish argue over allowing Alpha-Bias to access the schools mainframe

"
Andrew and Slosheey drove for a couple minutes only to find that the car was out of gas.
"Damn it!" Andrew shouted.
"What is wrong?" Slosheey asked.
"The cars out of gas. Come in get out and help me push to that gas station over there."
The two got out and began pushing towards the gas station. Upon their arrival Andrew placed the pump in the car and went inside the bar at the station, intent on simply getting water. Inside Andrew heard someone rapping from the stage. He turned and saw a young boy, eight years old, rapping in front of the half empty bar. The boy was singing: 

The world looks at me
and it only sees
whatever it wants to see
they don't care for me
The people of this world so cruel and heartless
a little boy forced to rap so that he may live lightless
no education
no father
no mother
no brother
no quarter beneath my pillow
when this roof collapses 
I'll die
but the world will live on 
seeing only that which it wants to see
and that isn't me.

Slosheey walked in. "From what I can tell the car is ready to drive again. Can we go?"
Andrew ignored him for a moment and looked at the bartender. "Excuse me, who is that on stage?"
"Oh just one of those child rappers with no money." The bartender went back to wiping the table.
"Yes but who is he?" 
The bartender put down the rag and looked Andrew in the face. "He calls himself Lost Tim. He's been rapping here for about a year now. Barely attracts enough people for me to want to let him stay here. But unlike most child entertainers, he attracts a lot of trouble."
"No parents?"
"No, he mentioned they died around the time he showed up. Had to do with the Special Operations. I'm sorry I can't talk anymore I have to get back to work." the bartender returned to work.
Slosheey looked at Andrew. "What are you thinking?"
"I’m thinking, Operation School is supposed to make the world a better place. We can start now."
Andrew and Slosheey waited until after Tim’s performance to approach him. As they did, Andrew noticed how many people showed emotions of fear and disgust at Slosheeys presence. Andrew wasn't surprised. He was an Alien. 
Andrew approached Tim. "Your Lost Tim right?"
"Yeah what about it?"
"My names Andrew and if you want I can give you a better life."

"Why would I ever put him in the schools computer?" MacTavish asked Ms. Phillips.
"Because he knows everything about the Arc. He could be the key to winning the war."
"But he's the enemy, I don't care if Slosheey is our ally or if Andrew helped rescue the A.I. It's not going in our computer."
"He’s not the enemy; he was more of a slave."
"Whatever he was I'm not going to risk placing him in the schools computer, it's a stupid plan."
Nicole, who had been watching the fight with Alex, walked into the middle of the two arguing adults. She took Alpha-Bias and placed him in the schools computer system.
"Alpha-Bias my name is Nicole" She said as Mactavish and Mrs. Phillips looked on in shock, "I need you to tell me where the ship crashed. Can you do that?"
"Of course, Calculating..."
Nicole glanced back, with a look of satisfaction on her face, at an obviously annoyed MacTavish.
"A place called the Long Island Sound... Do you know where that is?"
"Of course! Let's go."

Despite his annoyance at the idea, MacTavish called for his personal squads. Three squads of four kids each. One squad didn't show up. "Now where the hell did they go?" MacTavish asked himself.
Alex however answered him, "They could be the four kids who are listed MIA."
"Let’s hope that's the case. But I need a new squad..."
Alex, Nicole, and Brutus stood up and grabbed their weapons.
"Fine you can be my third squad. We are taking helicopters. Their smaller than the Phoenix and if we take three, it's less likely we lose this whole battle at once. Zatooma!"
"Yes MacTavish?" Zatooma asked almost tauntingly.
"Get aboard their" gesturing to Nicole "Squad and Helicopter, they need a fourth man." 
"Understood."
"Let’s go."

"I don't understand." Tim said.
Andrew kneeled down to his level "You are a street child. An Orphan who because of the slow collapse of the United States has to work for a living at the age of 8 correct?"
"I guess."
"So this is what I propose, you may come with me and my alien friend Slosheey."
"Hello" Slosheey said.
"Slosheey don't scare him, anyway, and you can live a better life. Come with us and you will be alright."
"Why me?"
"Because your here, right now, and you need help, just consider yourself lucky."
"I have to think about this."

Andrew and Slosheey went and sat at a table. "Andrew by earth time we can only stay here for another ten minutes before we won't be able to make it to the press conference, and even then it's cutting it close."
Andrew looked at the clock. "In five I'll go back over to him."
Andrew and Slosheey turned and watched the news.
"With the Special Operations defeat at the hands of the Militia, now revealed to be trained children, are beginning an early march on Washington D.C. To stop the press conference and take hold of the capital." The reporter said.
Andrews jaw dropped. He rushed over to Tim who was eating at another table. "Now or Never make your choice!" Andrew said quickly.
"I guess... Now..." Tim said a little confused.
"Slosheey let's go!" Andrew said as he led Tim out of the bar.

"Get in the car!" Andrew shouted. He opened the door for Tim and Slosheey then raced around to the other side of the car.
After he climbed into the driver’s seat Slosheey looked at him and said, "To the capital then."
"No."
"What do you mean no?" Slosheey asked.
"Were taking a detour." Andrew said.
"We are going to the capital?" Tim asked excitedly.

Andrew drove in the direction that the reporter said the invading Special Operations Forces were coming from. "Where are we going?" Slosheey asked.
"To stop an invasion that will cause the destruction of a great nation."
They drove to the outskirts of D.C and Andrew could just see the invaders on their way.
"How do you expect we defend ourselves?" Tim asked.
Andrew looked around. To their left was four-story building. If they could get on top it would give them a perfect vantage point to do battle with the invaders. "There, up there. Come on let's go!" Andrew got out of the car. Slosheey and Tim followed suit.
"You know you promised me a better life. We are only about fifteen minutes into this and you’re already not delivering."

On the roof Andrew began to unload his equipment. He handed a sniper rifle and a couple frag grenades to Slosheey. He took out the Assault Rifle and Desert Eagle for himself. He then gave his original pistol to Tim. "Here’s the plan, we hold out here for as long as we can, then we fall back. That simple. And we just keep doing that until their all dead."
Slosheey looked out at the approaching army. "You might want to change your battle plan."
"Why?"
Slosheey pointed out at the army, "Enemy Armor. And lots of it. Combined with the helicopters they also have, we aren't in for an easy ride"
"Well what are we supposed to do?"
"If what you tell me is true, this is the most important part of the United States. The capital, correct?"
"Yes why?"
"Because if that's true than wouldn't they have some form of a military weapons cache."
"Maybe, but we have no time to search for one."
Just then the three of them heard Helicopters coming up behind them. They turned around and watched three police helicopters fly through the air towards the invaders.
Tim showed his amazement, "Three helicopters! They’re going to get ripped to shreds!"
"We have no military. In fact I am the only official military support we have here." Andrew said.
One of the helicopters was shot down and landed just a little distant from the building. "It could have had weapons on it." Andrew said "I'll be right back."

Andrew ran out to the helicopter. He climbed into the burning wreckage and found what he was looking for. A Javelin guided missile system. With four extra rockets ready for his use. He grabbed the missile launcher and rockets and ran back to the roof.

"What do you have their?" Slosheey asked.
"It’s a type of missile launcher called a Javelin."
"How many missiles do you have.”?
"Six, and that's pretty lucky because their expensive."
"Where did you get the missiles?"
"One is in here, one was sitting next to it, and four were in a crate."
"Well how do you use it?"
"I don't actually know..."
Andrew, Slosheey, and Tim all began fumbling with the launcher at once arguing about how to use it when suddenly it fired. The rocket shot out forward, brake from its shell, flew up into the air, and came down with a huge explosion on one of the enemy helicopters, which caused it to crash in a burning explosion that destroyed one of the tanks.
"Just saying" Andrew said "We are really lucky that rocket didn't hit the building and kill us."
"Yeah" Tim said still staring at the explosion.
"Agreed" Slosheey said, also staring at the explosion. 

The fighting dragged on for awhile. It was only lucky for them that the press conference had been delayed due to the invasion. Finally after nearly getting killed by tanks, rockets, helicopters, snipers, and foot soldiers. It appeared that the battle was coming to an end with Operation School the victors. Andrew fired the last Javelin at the only remaining tank. With one last ditch effort, the tank fired a round Ito the wall if the building that the three of them were standing on. Tim watched as the tank exploded, and he, Andrew, and Slosheey, all began to cheer. Then they heard a terrifying sound. The sound of screeching metal. "The building is collapsing?" Tim asked, knowing the answer.
"Oh Yeah." Andrew said.
The three ran downstairs as pieces of the building fell all around them. Finally making it out they stood arms raised to the heavens. And cheered.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac