London,1984

London,1984

A Chapter by Damac
"

Through his searching, Alpha-Bias discovers a short Story from John Boyd, that reveals a more sinister past for him, in the Operation School data files.

"
As Alpha-Bias searched the hundreds of files, he found something of some interest to him.

London, 1984
John was moving through the streets of London. He had been campaigning for a seat on the U.S senate and was taking a vacation from all the hassles in London.
"Where is this Pub?" John asked to no one in particular.
It was, around 9:00 pm and John was looking for a pub to meet a friend in and get a drink. He turned and walked down an old, dark, street.
As he walled he heard a voice behind him and felt a hand grab his neck.
"Sir I don't want to hurt you." The voice said "But I also want all your money."
"I'll give you what you want!" John said "Just don't hurt me."
"I promise I won't."
John began to reach for his wallet. He looked up and saw a boy, no older than ten years old, at the other end of the street, watching John get mugged. John made simple head gestures and eye movements to try and signal the boy to leave, but instead the boy began moving towards John. John thought this was the end of the boy’s life for sure.
"Freeze!" The boy shouted.
The mugger loosened his grip on John and stared at the boy.
"Who are you?" 
"Doesn't matter. Just let go of the man, and be on your way."
The mugger pulled out a knife and put it to John’s throat.
"Or else what?"
The boy stood still for a second as John and the mugger watched him. A knife slid out from his right arms sleeve into his hand. The mugger saw this and tried to move, but couldn't move fast enough. The boy through the knife, with pinpoint accuracy, into the muggers left eye.

The mugger fell to the ground dead as John stood their stunned. "Who- Who are you?" He asked.
"My names Charlie." The boy said, sticking out his hand for John to shake it "Charlie Cross, and you are."
"John Boyd." John said, shaking Charlie’s hand.
"Where did you learn to do that?"
"If you come with me I will show you."
John considered going with Charlie. "Alright, I'll go." He said.

The two entered the London Underground. John walked past several people moving through the tunnels and could here trains moving around everywhere. 
"Where are we going?" John asked.
"You'll see." Charlie answered.
The two reached a small hole in the wall of one of the stations.
"Through here!" Charlie said, quietly but excitedly.
"Here?"
"Yes." Charlie said. "Its safe, I'll go first."
Charlie climbed in and John climbed in after him. They crawled through the hole and came to a hole in the floor. Charlie jumped through and John followed.

The two landed in the center of a courtyard surrounded by flood lights. John looked around and noticed that they appeared to be on a schools grounds but common sense said there were no underground schools hidden from society.
"Clay!" Charlie began to shout "Clay I saved another. He wanted to know about this place so I showed him!"
Children began to exit the nearby buildings. There were about 50 of them. All were between the ages of 10 and 17. John turned and looked at the main building, a large temple, as the doors opened up and an old man walked out of them.

John looked around. Everyone seemed to be waiting for him to speak.
"Who are you?" John asked.
"My name is Clay. I am the principal of this school."
"What is this place?" 
Clay began to walk around "This is the Order of the Protectors. I train these children, day and night, in order to teach them how to protect all of England!"
"50 children cannot protect England."
"They protected you. Sometimes they do the impossible."
Clay began to walk away, but John had one more question. 
"Why was I shown this place?"
Clay turned back, "You are from America. Hopefully you can bring the Order there to."
An alarm sounded. Charlie ran over to a police radio and began to listen in on it.
"Riot at Big Ben!" He shouted. 
"Good." Clay said "You can show our guest what we do, everyday. Charlie, Kate, Anthony, go. Bring John with you."
"Understood." Charlie said, he turned to John "Lets go."

The four arrived at Big Ben. It was night time and the children were wearing all black. They could see the riot and it was getting violent.
"Sit here." Anthony said, pointing to a bench, "Watch from here. Do not attempt to enter the fight."
"Alright" John said as he sat down.
Charlie, Kate, and Anthony placed black ski masks over their faces and waited for the violence to increase. They watched as a police officer approached a man and the man punched him in the face. 

The three ran straight for the riot. Anthony tackled the man to the ground and began to overpower him. He then smacked him with a wood block, knocking him unconscious. Charlie began to fight several men at once. He grabbed one of the men’s bats and used it to knock another man’s gun right out of his hand. Kate threw a knife at a man that knocked him down and sent him into shock. She then began to beat up every man near her.

In a matter of ten minutes. John watched as every member of the riot was knocked to the ground unconscious. "We have to move now!" Charlie said grabbing Johns arm and pulling him back through the underground into the school area.

John walked through the London Underground, four police officers behind him.
"Now this is where the vigilantes are?" One officer said.
"Yes right through here." John climbed through the hole in the wall and dropped into the school yard followed by the officers.

"Freeze, come out with your hands up!" The officers shouted.
The children and Clay all came out of their buildings. Charlie saw John and looked at him with complete shock. The police began rounding everyone up and lining them up to prepare to leave. As Charlie was Handcuffed he looked at John "Ill never forget this!" He shouted "You'll see!" 
"Sure I will." John said "Take him away."
As a police officer passed by John he said "International crime stopper. You could become president of the U.S if you wanted."
"That’s what I was hoping for." John said as he left to board his plane.

22 years later...

"And that is why I believe this bill, to create what I call Operation School, should be put into effect. To refill our reserves and keep our country safe."
John was applauded for his speech on Operation School. The vote would take place tomorrow. But he was beginning to have second thoughts about its creation.

The next day...

John walked into the Capital Building.
"I feel like I am making a huge mistake" he thought to himself.
"Were dealing with the lives and innocence of children not adults." 
His mind plagued him with the idea that was going to be decided today. Whether to enforce this program or not. Either way would be dangerous. If it were enforced the children could be in great danger every second of their life. If unenforced the U.S would be at a shortage of "pure bred heroes".

"Senator Boyd what is your vote."
John could only barley breath let alone think. The fate of thousands of children was left in this vote and with a tally of 50 for 49 against it was all up to him. "I...I" John stammered. " I vote for the bill."
"Then it is decided" said the head of the senate. "On the first day of schools all over the country Operation School will be put into effect. John turned around and smiled. It had taken twenty-two years, but he had done it.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac