Trust loss

Trust loss

A Chapter by Damac
"

Alpha-Bias betrays Operation School as Andrew arrives at the Press Conference

"
Mrs. Phillips watched over the children as they trained. With a large amount killed, missing, or on other missions, she noticed how much smaller the group was. "You miss the ones who died don't you?" She heard someone say from behind.
Mrs. Phillips twisted around, slightly frightened and saw Alpha-Bias looking at her, she calmed down. "It’s hard not to miss someone who died. But when it is several children who were almost completely in your care, it's even harder."
"I once had to deal with loss on a large scale."
"Yes but to you it was much larger. If I were you I could never has survived something like that."
Alpha-Bias seemed to pay her no mind "I kept telling myself, had they given me the chance, I could have saved them. I now realize that was impossible, but they could have at least told me what they were doing. Then I could have at least tried to save some of them. I'm not going to let that happen again. Which is why I'm glad you have given me this chance."
"What does that mean?"
"By putting me in this computer you have given me the ability to help others on a much larger scale. You have given me power and for that I thank you."
"Well you are welcome."
"I did not finish. You are limiting me, but to protect you and all your children I must be unlimited."
"I'm sorry Alpha-Bias, but I'm already pushing it by having you in the system in the first place."
"Sad. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but I must seek my power by other means."
"What do you mean?" Four small UAV helicopter rose around Mrs. Phillips. However they looked different. "Alpha-Bias what are those things?"
"I modified your UAV helicopters and made them larger and gave them modified alien weaponry. Oh and don't try controlling them there programmer to follow my orders and my orders only."
Mrs. Phillips backed up in shock "You did all of this in..."
Alpha-Bias finished her sentence for her "Two earth day’s yes. I'm sorry that you underestimated me but my whole plan has been planned out. You can't stop me, I ran the simulations. It cannot fail. If you give me the power I seek you will live."
"And that's not happening."
Alpha-Bias stared at her then he turned to his drones. "Destroy the body, leave the head untouched." his image then disappeared.
Mrs. Phillips brought out an M4A1 assault rifle. She watched as more and more of the modified UAV rose above the school. She aimed her gun at one of the drones then looked down at the training area. All the students stood, Human and Alien, confused as to what to do. Mrs. Phillips looked at the drone then back at the students. She calmly said "Lose yourself" over the loud speaker, and then fired her gun.

John stepped up to the mic. "Please everyone settle down" John said as the roar of the crowd softened "I know you want answers as to why we are using children as soldiers. And I will be taking questions now."
There was suddenly a flurry of questions.
"Why Children?"
"Is this how desperate our country is?"
"What was going through your head when you decided to pass this bill?"
With the last question a gunshot rang out. The whole crowd fell dead silent and turned to the location of the gunman.
"He was thinking the right thing." The gunman says "My name is Andrew, and I am living proof that Operation School is worth the chance."


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac