Desperation

Desperation

A Chapter by Damac
"

With the release of Kirovium, Andrew and Slosheey look for a way to contain it.

"
Andrew stood on the ground near the cannon. He turned and looked up at the Arcs ship. "Damn" He said as the ship still hung in air and was still projecting the force field. The only difference was the ship now had a gaping hole in the front. Green bits began to fall out of the hole; bit Andrew couldn't make out what they were. He did however find it odd that a metallic blue colored ship would be dropping green bits of... something. Andrew turned as he heard someone approaching from behind. "What have you done!" Slosheey shouted at Andrew as he ran full speed at him. 
"I fired the cannon, just like I was supposed to, but it didn't quite work" Andrew said looking back up at the ship. 
"No you've made the whole situation worse!" 
"What! Why?" 
The two heard a horrible roar that they had never heard before. A humanoid creature jumped onto the field in front of the two of them. It had a humans body except horribly mutated. The fivers had become long and claw like; they were sharp on the end and looked like they could cut through anything. The majority of the body had become bloated or had tentacles jutting out of it. But Andrew thought that the worst of it was its skin. It was dried out and veins pushed out of it. It was pale green and looked right at Andrew and Slosheey. It rushed and Slosheey shouted "Don't let it touch you!" 
Despite Slosheeys warnings the creature pinned Andrew to the ground. It screeched in his face an one of the tentacles hovered in front of Andrews face. Just as the tentacle began to open to reveal something that Andrew never waged to find out, it broke apart. Slosheey had hit it in the back and now the weak pieces of the body lay all over the ground. Slosheey helped Andrew up; as he did they heard more screeching. 
"I will explain what these things are when it is safer. We will move back to your underground garage." 
"Let’s go." Andrew said already running. 
Then he stopped. He saw the separated face of the creature lying on the ground. He used his gloved hand to turn the face up to face him. "It's Rick" Andrew said, emotionless. 
"I'm sorry." 
"Don't be. He got what he deserved." 

After Andrew, Slosheey, and the others re-grouped at the motor pool, Andrew told Slosheey "Your going to start explaining what these things are right now." 
"They are what are called Kirovium. Kirovium was engineered by the Arc to be used as a biological weapon that turned enemies into super soldiers fighting for our side. The experiments were in-complete when you fired the cannon. You hit the labs and now kirovium is spreading all over the school and everything else inside the force field." 
Nicole then grabbed her Assault Rifle "We have to rally survivors, get them to the motor pool, and hold out here." 
Payay agreed "That is definitely a good plan." 
Slosheey than said "It will work for now, but while you do that me and Andrew have a mission we are going to pull on our own." 
Andrew then looked at Slosheey "And what would that be?" 
Slosheey picked up his lightning gun and lightning staff. 
"We are going to ally the Arc and Humans." 

As the two groups prepared for their individual trips, they heard a noise nearby. They all turned their guns on the door as Mr. Mactavish hobbled in. His armor was scratched and dented and he was breathing heavily. Andrew and Alex quickly rushed to help him stand up. 
"Their... Their everywhere. All over... The children.... Transformed before my eyes!" 
He broke down weeping and continued "A cure... That's what we need a cure, a cure!" 
Andrew slapped him mostly out of shock that the man who had seemed so tough earlier was now broken and crying. "We are going to save them. As many as we can. But we will need transport, is there anything here that's armored and ready for use." 
Mactavish stood up and wiped dirt of his pants "First I’d like to thank you for that slap, I needed it" he then turned and saw Slosheey and Payay. Andrew thought he would have acted frightened a surprised but instead he said "Friends of yours?" 
"Yes they are. The big one is Slosheey and the small one is Payay." 
But before they could continue their conversation Payay butted in, "And I am Payay" he said as he shook Mactavishs hand. 
"Well aren't you funny." 
Slosheey then finished the conversation with "We, or at least the two of us, come in peace." 
"Thank you, now about your armored vehicle Andrew." Mactavish walked towards a large metal door and pressed a button next to it. It slowly lifted to reveal a four story trope transport vehicle. "Say hello to the Juggernaut. With three floors for troop transport and a fourth for the driver, as well as a technical fifth floor on the roof, this vehicle can hold up to 48 passengers comfortably. The ground floor is the motor pool with the only door that leads to the outside down there. The second floor is mainly troop transport, with a mess hall and bunks. The third floor is also mainly troop transport but with turrets that can be used to help defend the juggernaut. The fourth floor houses the driver’s seat and the armory. The fifth floor on top of the roof is for pure defense. With all this and the many wall son all sides it should be strong enough to get you out of here and keep you safe while you attempt to rescue other soldiers." 
"Alright, let's get on board." Andrew said 
everyone grabbed their weapons and climbed on board, except for Mactavish. 
"You're not coming?" Andrew asked. 
"No, No" Mactavish said picking up and loading a shotgun "I'd rather stay here and make my last stand. Besides someone’s got to open the door out of the motor pool for the juggernaut!" 
And with that the door of the juggernaut closed. Mactavish walked beside it as it made its way to the exit. Mactavish opened the door, waited until the Juggernaut was gone, and then shut it. The weary Captain grabbed a small metal chair, placed it in front of the door to the motor pool, and got himself ready to kill anything that tried to enter to room. 
He sat and waited. 

As Andrew and Slosheey stood at the door of the juggernaut, waiting for it to open; Andrew looked at Slosheey and asked "What is your species name in your language?" 
"The Ta'tla" Slosheey said. 
"Also what did you take from the ship?" 
"First I rescued the Operation School A.I Delia." 
"It’s about time" said Cortana. 
"Cortana... Continue Slosheey." 
"Then I rescued another A.I. The ships main one which in your language is name Alpha Bias. However, I worry that the speed at which I removed him from the ship may have caused damage to him, making him unstable." 
"Why do you call it a him?" 
"Its programmer to be male." 
"Why did you take it?" 
"First I didn't want it to get destroyed with the ship, but now it's going to be our ticket in allying Humans and The Arc." 
As he said that the doors of the juggernaut opened and the two exited toward the ships grav lift. 

"Alright let's go save some soldiers!" Nicole said as she closed the doors of the juggernaut and returned to driving. Outside, Kirovium had quickly changed the landscape. Kirovium had converted the grass into little spikes that would attempt to infect anything it could. Trees had been converted into large spore droppers which, by name, dropped spores of Kirovium onto the surrounding landscape. The worst was what happened to living and dead bodies. Kirovium absorbed them, mutated them, and commanded them, all in an attempt to rid the area of anything living. As Nicole drove around a small spider like creature dropped onto the windshield and attempted to break it. Nicole backed up in shock when suddenly the creature exploded. Nicole had the wipers wipe down the windows and saw two Operatives waving. Nicole signaled to go to the back door, but as she did she saw two of the spiders run up, jump on the chests of the operatives, and convert them. Nicole watched in horror as the two ran around back to try and break in


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac