Battle of Peakdale Middle School

Battle of Peakdale Middle School

A Chapter by Damac
"

The Special Operations attack the middle school! Andrew and Friends fight back while Andrew deals with a strange apparition of sorts he keeps seeing.

"
It was now a week after the battle outside New York City. Andrew had managed to fully recover in little time. Today he had missed the bus and was walking to school. As he walked he did some athletic spins and flips the way that they had been taught in gym class. At one point Andrew took a break from his practice and turned to see a shimmer of light. It was eerie because the light appeared to be in a humanoid form. As Andrew moved it moved so he just assumed it was a trick of the eye and kept walking.

Andrew was approaching the middle school when he heard something. A low hum coming from the sky. Suddenly an explosion happened on the main field of the school just as Andrew was about to enter it. Andrew realized immediately that they were under attack. He ran over to a part of the school driveway that had a marking on it. The marking was in the shape of a yellow diamond and when Andrew stamped on it, it rose from the ground revealing that it was a weapons cache. Andrew typed his name into a keyboard and his weapons, The Assault Rifle, the Magnum, and the Knife, were returned to him. At this point other operatives were exiting the school and running across the field to blue circles that when stamped on, rose up to form powerful machine guns. Andrew sniper and rocket solders climbing onto the roof of the school. More operatives exited the school and prepared to fight whatever was coming their way. Then Andrew heard it. Everyone heard it. The sound of over 5000 people marching in unison towards the school. Andrew could hear the roar of Hum-Vee engines and the sound of tank treads. He could hear the beating of helicopter blades against the air and knew, at that moment, they were in for more than they were ready for. 

"Find Alex and Nicole. Now!" Cortana said in a distressed voice obviously sensing the danger of the situation.
"On my way" Andrew replied running towards the school. The tanks began to fire as operation school through all it had at the tanks. Andrew could feel the rumbling inside the school as shells collided with the building.
"D get a lock on Omega or Gammas signal and find Alex and Nicole." Andrew instructed. 
"Right away" Delta said thinking for a second "done! They are in the garage."
"Let’s go."

In the garage Andrew could here even more of the fighting going on outside. Andrew saw Alex and Nicole talking to Mr. Mactavish. Andrew ran over and caught the last bit of information. They were going to be using a Jew jeep like vehicle to attack the tanks. The jeep had a driver and passenger seat. But in the back was a heavily protected dome like turret that fired anti-armor type ammunition. "Shotgun" Alex screamed. 
"Gunner" Nicole calmly stated.
"That means I'm driving" Andrew said.
He quickly climbed in and they drove off into battle.

Andrew drove straight into the battle. Nicole began to fire at everything she saw while Alex gunned down anything that got too close to the jeep. Andrew hit anything that got in his way. Andrew drove right up next to the tanks that were unable to access the battlefield because of the creek. Andrew jumped it in the jeep and Nicole hit critical spots in the tanks armor. Andrew saw a rocket flu over his head and knew that the tanks weren't going to let him just rip them to shreds. Andrew swerved past rockets as the tanks fired at him. He could see the smoke still freshly exiting the barrels of the guns. Alex threw a grenade directly into a barrel destroying the tank from the inside.
"Pure skill!" Alex shouted. 
"Lucky shot!" Andrew answered.
The jeep performed very well in combat because of its maneuverability. It became very easy to avoid the rocket blasts. Then Andrew heard something fire from behind. He heard an explosion and ringing in his ears. He realized he was on the ground, the jeep had been hit. Everything around him sounded like it was underwater in a muffled sort of way. Andrew crawled away from the wreckage toward a nearby house, planning to take cover in there. As he crawled he felt a boot make contact with his face and knock him down. Through the eyeholes in his mask he saw a man pulling a pistol on Andrew planning to execute him right then and there. Then the man waved his arms out and fell to the ground. Alex arrived and began to drag Andrew toward the house. Nicole offered cover fire whole Alex did this.

At the house Nicole kicked in the door and Alex dragged Andrew inside. Andrew told Alex he was fine and picked up his rifle and moved to a window. Deltas voice rang in his ears. "Andrew I have detected that you have taken an injury would you like me to call for assistance?"
"No, watch my motion tracker. Alert me if an enemy nears the house."
"Understood."
Alex discovered the woman who lived in the house. Nicole rushed her to the basement to calm and hide her for the duration of the battle. Andrew was firing through the window and getting little return fire. Suddenly an enemy solider popped up at the window. Andrew stabbed the solider, killing him. As Alex and Nicole returned to the fight the three of them watched as A Phoenix flew by overhead. It was shot down by several rockets and Andrew turned away as it crashed. After the crash a message came on over the radio.
"Hello thus is Operation School Operative 1109 Luke. The recently shot down Phoenix obviously had a pilot. The pilot had an A.I that must be recovered at all costs." After hearing the message Cortana said, "Andrew." To which he replied,
"I'm going, I'm going."

Andrew ran out of the house. He fired on the solders on the walkway as he made his way to the creek outside the middle school. "Tank on the left side" said Delta. Andrew threw a grenade at the tank and managed to destroy one of its treads. Andrew continued to run just as the tank fired a final shot at him. Andrew dived into the creek landing on his stomach. He began to crawl through the shallow water trying to reach the other side. He began to hear motorcycles approaching. He continued to crawl at a faster rate attempting to avoid the cycles. Andrew then heard the cycles jump overhead and saw bullets landing in the water all around him but not on him. Andrew then stood up. He tossed a grenade at one of the bikes. His grenade bounced off the wheel and flew across the creek. It bounced off the other bikes wheel and while traveling back to the first bike, exploded. The two drivers were knocked off their bikes. Andrew threw a grenade at the second bike, but stole the first and drove off toward the crash.

Alex and Nicole continued to fire out of the windows. They realized that they were not going to be able to hold back the enemy much longer as more and more reinforcements were attacking the house. Alex and Nicole saw an RPG and ran for cover inside the house. They ran up to the top o the stairs as a whole section of the wall was blown apart. They began to defend by gunning down anything that came within sight. Nicole saw that the women who owned the house was hiding a young Boy Behind herself. She realized that the situation was even more desperate than before.

Andrew reached the crashed Phoenix. It was toppled on its side just enough that Andrew could make out a small hole in the bottom of the Phoenix. He couldn't squeeze threw it which was a bit of a problem because he could hear approaching enemy soldiers. Andrew began to bash the butt of his gun against the bent metal. He managed to beat it open just enough to climb in. Inside there was only flickering light and sunlight coming in through the c#%$& windshield. Andrew moved to the c#%$&. Inside he saw the blur of light. Now convinced that this thing was alive and wearing a form of cloaking Andrew yelled at it "Who are you!" 
The blur just stared at Andrew, then at the dead pilot, and then it broke the c#%$& window and jumped out. As it ran Andrew ran and fired at the blur as it ran. He missed and returned to the pilot. He checked his A.I slot. It was empty.

Andrew got on the radio and called in a report. "Pilot is dead and A.I is not present. Which A.I did he have?" 
"His A.I was Delila. She's not there?" 
"Correct I'm returning to battle."
"Negative, A.I must be secured. Proceed with the matter at hand."
"Ughh." Andrew said as he clicked off his radio.
Andrew jumped out the widow and proceeded to follow where the invisible thing went. 

Alex and Nicole were starting to get overwhelmed on the stairs. They were barley holding back their attackers as more and more came. Nicole thought to herself how it was pretty impressive that they were holding so many enemies back and they were just kids.
"We have to leave" Alex said.
"Are you sure."
"Yes we have to" he said as he set up satchel charges to keep the enemy back "We will jump out of one of the second floor windows." Alex told the Mother and Child to move back to the nearest window. After they did he and Nicole followed them. Alex grabbed the mom and Nicole grabbed the child. Then they all climbed out the window as explosion went off in the hall.

Andrew ran and attempted to find the thing. He tracked it through the woods by following a freshly made trail through the leaves. He managed to find that it led back to the Fountain house part of the school. Inside he found the thing still cloaked seemingly on a radio sort of device. Andrew shouted "I'm back." 
The figure turned around and pulled out What Andrew could make out as a weapon. Andrew took cover as the weapon fired blue orbs that exploded in lightning explosions. Andrew returned fire but the creature glowed and the shots bounced off as if he were wearing reflective armor. Andrew through a grenade and the thing ran away. Andrew chased after it in hot pursuit. The explosion ringing in his ears.

Lee watched as a helicopter with a camera attached gave him a live feed of the battle. The defenders were very well strategized despite being out numbered and were even effectively holding back the Special Operations advance. Lee watched as their small jeeps managed to destroy his fairly impressive tanks. He watched as their snipers simultaneously committed counter-sniper operations and took out his RPG troopers. Lee realized that he would need to call in some mobile artillery if he wanted to win this battle. "Send in the Artillery." Lee said through a radio. He had hoped that they would have been able to wipe out this threat by now, but these solders were physically and morally strong. They weren't going to give up anytime soon.

Lee walked out of the command center and into his bedroom. He decided to take a nap to calm himself. During the nap he had a frightening dream.

He was in an unknown area. One light shined on him from the ceiling. He discovers he couldn't move his arms or legs. He attempted to wiggle away but he couldn't move at all. He heard footsteps and looked up to see a child walking towards him. The child stared at him for a moment. He then raised a gun and shot Lee. Lee awoke freighted. What could that have meant? He was confused then shook it off believing it to simply be another crazy dream.

Lee returned to battle control and saw that the artillery was almost at the school building. He smiled, it was almost over.

Alex and Nicole had successfully evacuated the two civilians from the battle area. As they were running back to the school they saw something that frightened them. Large vehicles carrying small artillery missiles. Alex and Nicole realized they had to stop the Artillery. "Follow me" Nicole said. She and Alex ran up behind the last artillery vehicle. They climbed on to the back. They began to place timed charges on each set of three rockets. Moving systematically from vehicle to vehicle they managed to hit every one just as they were reaching the school. Alex and Nicole cleared their distance. Each truck began to systematically explode. Flaming shrapnel flew at them over and over again. Nicole and Alex added to the confusion but firing at solders confused but the explosions. Alex made a break for a nearby house and fired from the window. Nicole fired from behind the small stone wall of the house. Alex took out his RPG and used it to send whole groups of infantry back. They continued to fire on anything that came close.

Kyle was flying his Phoenix through the air. He saw two agents fighting to defend a house from the special operations. Kyle fired his machine gun at the enemy soldiers to offer some help to his allies. He gun ripped through the solders on the ground and Kyle flew off satisfied.

Nicole and Alex decided to use the tome they had been given to get back to the middle school. They ran. As they were running Alex said "Omega get a lock on Deltas signal. Where is Andrew?"
"He seems to be moving rather quickly through the school building almost as if he is chasing something."
"We know where to go so let's do it" Nicole said.
The two of them ran to the school in silence.

Andrew fired on the thing whenever he could. It was moving too fast for Andrew to perfectly center his aim on it. To add to his annoyance every shot that did hit the things caused the area of impact to glow and the bullet to bounce off of the thing. But Andrew kept firing hoping to cause the armor to wear down or something. 
"Fall back!" Cortanas voice rang in his ears as Andrew took cover and a lightning ball zoomed over his head, exploding on a wall behind him. Andrew his pursuit of the creature, intent on finding out who or what it was.

The creature came to a bridge that hung over the bus ramp. Andrew through a grenade that caused the creature to take cover. Andrew saw the shimmering thing fall to the ground, obviously injured by the explosion. Andrew walked over to it and pulled out his pistol. 
"Who are you?" He said "Why are you here?"
No answer. Andrew could tell that the thing was just sitting there. Staring at him.
"I said who are you!" Andrew screamed, c#%$& the gun ready to fire.
"At least hand over the A.I, I know you took it" Andrew said losing his patience. The thing just stood there.
"Fine, don't tell me" Andrew said raising the gun.
The thing kicked the gun out of his hands and then knocked Andrew to the floor. It ran to the otherwise of the hallway towards what was once the band room and auditorium. Andrew ran after it.

Alex and Nicole saw Andrew as he headed for the band room. They stopped him and Andrew explained the situation to them.
"I'm not letting this thing escape again" Andrew said "You guys guard the two exits and I’ll go after it. 

Andre moved to the band room and looked all around the surrounding area. Nothing. Not even a sign that it had been there. Andrew went to call in the loss of the thing and A.I. Andrew then heard something. A ghostly chilling whine of some sort of engine. Andrew turned to look out the large band room’s window. As he did a large transport-like ship came into view. It was unlike anything he had ever seen before. The sides were open and the front was shaped like a face. On the sides were creatures Andrew had never seen before. They wore dark blue armor and had reptilian eyes. They had leathery skin that was pitch black. Their mouths had upper lips that move up, middle lips that moved horizontally out, and bottom lips that moved down. Andrew looked at them with fear and amazement. He made eye contact with one of them and realized he had to leave. As he ran with Nicole and Alex following him they heard the lightning guns firing and knew that this battle had just begun.

Alien ships flew all over the Operation School air space. They blew apart all of the special operations and forced Operation School to fall back into the school. Suddenly a large obviously lead ship appeared above the school. It cast down a barrier made of whatever the ammunition for the alien weaponry was made of. The barrier would not allow anyone in or out. The invasion had begun.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac