War of the Worlds

War of the Worlds

A Chapter by Damac
"

Wars come in many flavors...

"
After 5 hours of preparing, Operation School and the Arc were both ready for the upcoming battle. The plan was simple, destroy everything that is Kirovium. They were all briefed on the types of Kirovium. 
Kirovium Mutant- Anything that Kirovium can get its hands on that was once a living creature like a Human or Supreme. 
Kirovium Infector- The small spider like beings that produce infections at a much faster rate. 
Kirovium Nest- Large beings that Kirovium Infectors are grown and launched off of. 
Kirovium Warrior- Beings with built in firing mechanisms that prevent them from using any other weaponry that happens to be just lying around. 
Kirovium Spy- Large Humanoid beings that can climb on walls. When they find a target they let out a loud screech to alert Kirovium to the prey. 
Kirovium Juggernaut- A massive Kirovium being two times the size of an adult male human. Extremely powerful and resilient. 
Andrew had formed an interracial squad. It consisted of Him, Alex, Nicole, Slosheey, Payay, and a creature who looked almost bird like with a little ape thrown in named Brutus. 
"You know Brutus" Andrew said "In human history there was a Brutus who betrayed his good friend, let's hope you don't live up to you name." 
Brutus looked at Slosheey "We will see." 

Andrew explained the plan 
1. Take back the school. 
2. Burn any kirovium living within the force field. 
"Does everyone understand?" 
"Yes!" everyone said at once. 
"Good then there's not much else to go over, prepare for battle." 
As Andrew and the rest of his squad made their way to a helicopter Cortana said "Oh and Andrew." 
"Yes?" 
"Prepare to drop." 
"That’s still not funny." 
Slosheey then walked past Andrew "I find it relatively humorous." 
When Slosheey was out of ear shot Andrew said "Oh, look at me I'm Slosheey! I use big words to make others feel insignificant." 

Andrew and all the other forces ran out the door. But Kirovium was waiting. Immediately fighting broke out. Some Kirovium beings used stolen weapons in the fight and others even drove stolen vehicles. As the battle was fought over the entirety of the school. Andrew and Slosheey fought together, side by side, back to back, in the fight. As they fought Slosheey began to think. The Patriarch never had lost a battle. And wouldn't allying with humanity, even for the greater good, count as a loss to him. Slosheey considered this while fighting. His distraction caused him to fight poorly to the point that Andrew took notice. "Hey what's wrong?" 
The realization came over Slosheey as if he were hit by a tidal wave, "The Patriarch is going to betray humans... We must stop him!" Slosheey took off running. 
"I swear you distract me from everything!" Andrew said as he followed. 

Alex was moving quickly around the battlefield. He was wearing a flame-retardant suit as he wielded his flamethrower. The flames were devastating against Kirovium and Alex had opted to take the lesser armor to help the effort. Nicole and two Supremes covered him as he burned away at Kirovium. Suddenly a Kirovium Juggernaut appeared. Alex began to burn away at it but even covered in flames it managed to rush towards Alex and grab him by the neck. "Ahhhh!" He shouted as the grip of the flaming mutant began to burn at his skin. He tried to lift his arm to fire at it but the Juggernauts restraint covered his body. Nicole and the Supremes refused to fire for risk of hurting Alex. Even though he knew he wouldn't hit the creature he began to fire anyway. The fire spread to the juggernauts feet and for a brief second it loosened its grip. Alex then shoved the barrel of the Flamethrower against the Juggernauts skin, and fired. Burning a hole right through it and killing it. 

"Why do you think he'll betray us?" Andrew asked as he and Slosheey ran through the halls of the ship. 
"Because he has never lost a battle, let alone a war, no matter how short. Knowing him I don't think he'll want to lose this one at all." 
"And why do you think that?" 
"Kirovium was going to be tested against the Humans. He had already planned on releasing it before we allied. He had no real reason to ally then to honor a deal he made." 
The two entered the now empty council chamber. The Patriarch hovered above Ratemeeys body. 
"Oh gross you kept that thing!" Andrew said jokingly. 
"Andrew, Slosheey, This surprise. Shouldn't you two be fighting a battle." 
"We should." Slosheey said as he took out his rifle and Andrew activated his sword. 

"Patriarch of Hatred and Loyalty, you will be silenced." 
Slosheey began to fire at the Patriarch as he ran towards him. 
The Patriarchs shields deflected almost every shot fired at him. A couple missed him and the reflected ones fired back at Slosheey. Several hit him and lowered his shields. 
"Slosheey it is a fool’s errand to try and kill me. I am a god of the Arc. And you are my servant." 
Slosheey and the Patriarch fought all over the chamber. Finally the Patriarch knocked Slosheey to the ground. 
"Slosheey. 9-years ago I lost 400,000 men in the battle of Sigma. But you all just chose to watch then help. I won but at the cost of some of my sanity." 
The Patriarch took Slosheeys rifle and began to reload it. Pointing it at Slosheeys face he said "When you die it will put me in total power. A hero to the Supreme race, turned traitor. And I am the hero of the Arc. I'm sure you understand." 
He prepared to shoot Slosheey in the face but just as he took the shot Andrew knocked him out of his chair and stabbed him with the sword. 
"History is written by the victor. And if your history became true it would be a lie." 
"Your race will die." 
"No it will not." 
Andrew slashed him again and threw him against a wall. He ceased moving. 
"Is he dead?" 
"He better be." 

Andrew and Slosheey returned to earth’s surface. As the battle with Kirovium was coming to an amazing victorious close. Andrew and Slosheey returned to the fight During the fight almost every member of the Arc strangely stopped. Then they started firing on each other. Slosheey ran up to a friend "What is happening?" 
"The Patriarch has sent out an order calling for the betrayal of humans. I refused as the humans are respectable, but as you can see some sided with the patriarch some with humans." 
The Supreme gestured to the huge three-way battlefield. Kirovium, Humans and their Allies, and the Patriarchs men all battled for control of the school. 

"Andrew were going back to the ship." 
"Man we just got back." 
"You complain a lot." 
"Its not like me to do so. Normally I'd jump at the chance but I guess I'm just tired." 
"Well you’re lucky all we have to do is steal back Alpha-Bias so we can---" 
A large sound of something powering down echoed through the battlefield. Andrew, Slosheey, and everyone else watched as the barrier, which for so long had kept them sealed in, dropped. 

The Patriarch watched as Andrew and Slosheey exited the council chamber. He began pulling his injured body along the ground to his gravity throne which now lay on the ground powered down. He turned it on and accessed the radio channels. "Andrew and Slosheey have assaulted and injured me... betray humans... they are not worthy... send help... please". 
The Patriarch laid back against his chair. He reached for a button on the arm of the chair, and lowered the ships barrier surrounding the school.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac