Christmas Time

Christmas Time

A Chapter by Damac
"

A quick, non-serious, Christmas Special that I wrote.

"
Andrew, Slosheey, and Tim sat in Andrews’s living room. The fire was blazing as Andrew drank some hot chocolate and Slosheey sat in a chair listening to the music.
“Oh Christmas tree Oh Christmas tree
Of all the trees, most lovely”
Tim had fallen asleep hours ago, despite having declared he would stay up to see Santa Claus. Andrew was eager for Christmas the next day, but Slosheey not so much.
“So if what you say is true, a large man breaks into your home, eats all your cookies, drinks your milk, and then leaves you presents.” Slosheey said.
“Yes Slosheey that’s what he does.”
“And you open these presents?”
“Why would we not?”
“What if they were filled with something dangerous?”
Andrew gave Slosheey a funny look, “Yes, Santa fills them with bombs, and when they explode you get covered in egg nog. No! He gives you toys. I told you this already.”
“I know. I just don’t believe it.”
“I let you and Tim stay in my house and all I want right now is a little Christmas cheer.”
“I’m sorry I don’t fully understand your culture.”
“Slosheey, all I ask is that after everything we’ve been through. Everything Tim’s been through. Hell everything everyone’s been through. Is that you have a little Christmas spirit. Christmas brings happiness and joy to people around the world, why don’t you seem to get it?”
“Not everyone has to get it Andrew.”
Andrew sighed, “I’m gonna bring Tim to bed. Are you gonna stay up all night? Again?” 
“As usual yes.”
“Fine. If you see Santa, please tell him Tim, my siblings, and I say Merry Christmas. Okay?”
“Alright.”
Andrew picked up Tim and went off to bed. He was pretty strong for a boy of eleven years old.

Slosheey continued to sit and watch the fire, listening to the music. He looked around the room. The mantle had everyone stocking hung-up. Andrew, Mr. and Mrs. Marou, Andrew’s sister Clare, and his brother Jacob. But then there were two stockings, brand new and freshly bought, that said Tim and Slosheey. Slosheey, while he wouldn’t admit it, was touched by their welcoming of him into their family. He walked over and looked at the Christmas tree. He had helped decorate it along with Tim, Andrew, and Andrews’s family. He looked for the ornament that Andrew had asked Slosheey hang himself. The ornament was a cut-out of a snowflake with a small picture inside. The picture showed Tim in the foreground smiling a big smile, while Slosheey stood in the background, looking away from the camera. He smiled, he liked the picture.

As Slosheey continued to look at the different ornaments, he heard a deep voice behind him, “Slosheey, what are you still doing up?”
“Oh hello Mr. Marou. Andrew asked me to wait for Santa for him.”
Mr. Marou bent down, depositing presents under the tree. “Well I suggest you go to bed, because here’s a hint. There is no Santa.”
“I had my suspicions.”
“Yeah well, what are you going to do?” Mr. Marou said, taking the cookies and milk with him upstairs. “Goodnight Slosheey.”
“Goodnight.”

Slosheey walked outside onto the front porch. It was snowing quite lightly, and he enjoyed watching it in the glow of the Christmas and street lights.
“What are you doing out here son?” He heard a voice say from the door, he turned around and saw a rather heavy set man, clothed in all red, with a big white beard, standing in the doorway.”
“Just a job for a friend sir, and yourself?”
“About the same, though you could say I have a couple more friends to deal with.”
“Do you have time to chat?”
“I guess I would?”
“What is the meaning of Christmas?”
The man sighed, “Well that’s a hard one Slosheey. The meaning can be different for several people. To a young child, the meaning is presents. To a parent the meaning is to make the child happy. Though the real reason is making everyone happy, even when times seem grim. And I know you’re looking at some grim times.”
“That sounded kind of rushed.” Slosheey said.
“Well I’m a busy schedule. I don’t have time to go to deep, maybe some other time. I’ve already laid out my duty. Time to move on.” The man began to walk inside.
“Sir.” Slosheey said the man turned around “Andrew, Clare, Jacob, and Tim wish you a Merry Christmas.”
The man smiled and walked back inside.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac