Chapter Two~Windswept Lake

Chapter Two~Windswept Lake

A Chapter by Jessi Raine is falling

We walk for hours, and before we get to my destination I have to pick Cory up and piggyback him. “Sissy, why won't mommy and daddy just get along” Says Cory and it tears at my heart. “Because they are selfish, because they don’t think, but its ok because you and me will be the good examples because you would never fight with me right?” “Right Sissy, I love you too much to fight with you”. “WOW” Cory says as he finally looks at where I had brought him. A few miles outside of town is a beautiful lake called Windswept Lake, our grandfather used to take me here when I was about Cory’s age (4), we would look out upon it and gasp at its glory, but I was never allowed near the edge because the wind would literally sweep you off your feet. While gazing, I made the mistake of not watching Cory, then all I heard was a loud splash! “CORY” I screamed, I looked frantically around then I saw his little hand barely touch the top, I dropped my phone and jumped in. The water was freezing, and I couldn’t really see, but I heard his little voice in the distance “Sissy, Sissy! Help me, I can't, I can't!” Then everything goes dark, I can't feel, I can’t see, everything is like a blank piece of paper. And then I’m gone.
~
When I wake up all I can think about is Cory, I begin to scream “Cory! Save Cory, Cory, Cory!” as I start crying I hear a voice that brings me back to life. “Sissy, I got some hot chocolate, would you like some? I don’t mind sharing” I grab Cory in my arms and hug him so tight he says he can’t breath. “You had me so scared,” I tell him as I begin to let go. But he doesn’t, he just sets in my lap, so peaceful, his little arms around my waist. Then I realize that I’m in Matt’s car, and Matt is running up to the car with my phone in hand. “You both could have died!” he practically yells at me as he’s wrapping a blanket around us both. “How did you find us” I begin to cry, hating the fact I’ve been really emotional lately. “I went to your house, and your mom said you stormed out of the house with Cory, so I assumed you were here. I thought I lost you Aurora” “Wow who would have thought that you would be my hero” I say with a smile. “Well your hero needs to get you home to some warm water, and new clothes.", “Can't we go to your house for a just a little while?” I say with a pleading look. “Ok how about you guys stay the night? That OK with you little dude?” he says to Cory and he didn’t have to ask twice, He was already closing the door, and I was calling mom.



© 2010 Jessi Raine is falling


Author's Note

Jessi Raine is falling
Really wanted to catch a dramatic moment, Comment please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Matt lizzy

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice, where did the hot chocolate come from?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good(:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 7, 2010


Author

Jessi Raine is falling
Jessi Raine is falling

Pratt, KS



About
I love, i lose, i cry, and i sigh. But hey that's life. more..

Writing