Chapter Six~ Running

Chapter Six~ Running

A Chapter by Jessi Raine is falling

I barely waited for the car to stop before I jumped out, I ran to the door and knocked as hard as I could. When the door opened, it was Matt’s mom who answered, “Aurora? What are you doing here?” she asks with a some what sad expression. “I need to talk to Matt right away!” I say and try to come in, “He’s not here.” she says, I step back and ask where he is but I don’t like the answer, “He’s with McKenna dear, won't be back for a couple of hours.” she reaches for me, and I ask why. “Well he….took her on a date” she says it with remorse and I begin to cry. She tries to reach for me again, but I start running, running far away from the pain, running from the fact he can let go of me so fast. I don’t know where I'll end up but I hope I’m never found.

I decide to stop running when my hip starts screaming, I look around to see where I'm at, and I’m not really sure. But I start walking through a field because I really don’t care if anyone ever finds me again, this field is huge and it has big ears of corn. “Aurora?” I hear behind me, I turn to see Arianna standing there, “What are you doing out here?” I say in shock. “I’m helping my grandfather harvest. "What are you doing out here?” “I’m hiding from pain, and I plan to rip out my heart so I never feel anything again.” She grabs me by the arm and starts maneuvering me threw the maze of crops. “I wont let you give up, on anything.” she says, then I see the most beautiful house in the history of houses, I stop to gape at it, “I’m glad you like it.” she says laughing, "This is where I grew up." “It's so beautiful” I say still gaping at its magnitude. She grabs me again and we walk in, “I’ll be back grandpa, I have to show Aurora what’s worth living for.” and he tossed her the keys.

I knew when we parked that I was going to have to walk a ways, but I had no clue I would have to walk up hill for half an hour! I kind of just trudged along and once in a while Arianna would turn to make sure I was still breathing, “How can you walk this far, and not be out of breath?” I ask panting with every word. “I have strong lungs, and I work out all the time.” she says all perky. It makes me want to stab her with a pencil. She starts to run, then I see the clearing through the trees up ahead, I start to walk fast, hoping I wont ever have to walk again, then I see it. 

It was breath taking, the sunset over the river and trees. It was majestic, the clouds were a shade of purple I’ve never seen before, and the sun was orange, blue, and purple. “You see this.” she says, still ever staring at the beautiful scenery. “This doesn’t just happen, Aurora. God puts this here for the people with open eyes and hearts, for the people that believe that with time, everything will turn out alright.” I turn to look at her because she really just inspired me, I walk over to hug her and tell her thanks. We start home but instead of walking down hill, I just decide to roll down it.


© 2011 Jessi Raine is falling


Author's Note

Jessi Raine is falling
Done.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A little?! Dear, you've twisted it more than you twist a twist donut! :/

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cara put the hole lifejacket thing on there BTW

Posted 13 Years Ago


IIIII HAAAAAATE YOUUUUUUU! (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ivy
NNNOOOO!!!!!! THAT JERKFACE! HOW DARE HE GO OUT WITH THAT BRAT!

Posted 13 Years Ago


well STOP twisting it.

Yeah, I'm gonna show you what's worth living for, friend(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


Had to twist it a little

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is not cool!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
7 Reviews
Added on December 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2011


Author

Jessi Raine is falling
Jessi Raine is falling

Pratt, KS



About
I love, i lose, i cry, and i sigh. But hey that's life. more..

Writing