Chapter Five~Think About it!

Chapter Five~Think About it!

A Chapter by Jessi Raine is falling

I can’t sleep the whole weekend, I don’t get hungry and I start wondering what is wrong with me. By Monday I think I’m going to die, I go down stairs at 6 AM because I can’t stare at my ceiling anymore. Mom comes out and when she sees me I can tell she is worried, “Honey, what’s wrong?” she asks with a worried tone. “I don’t know mom, I can't stop being hurt, I guess.” I say, I decide to get dressed and when I come back down stairs, Mom has Cory dressed and her keys are in hand, “Did I miss something?” I ask. “I decided that we would go to the old amusement park before it closes down.” she says with a smile, “I can’t, I have to go to school.” Kind of hurt myself saying it. “No you don’t, I called you in sick because you are and I know just the cure.” and for the first time in two days, I smile.
The park is bare, no one within sight and I like it that way because I don’t have to fight the crowd to see Cory on the Caracal, I decide to join him and sit on my favorite animal, the Panda! We ride it 6 times then decide to go on the Ferris wheel. They stick us at the top and leave us there for a while, and I love it with the wind in my hair and the smells of funnel cake. I don’t ever want to leave; I want to stay there for the rest of my life and be a Carnie, have no worries and travel the road with people out of the ordinary. I see Mom look over at and ask if I feel better, and sure enough I do.

At lunch time Mom decides to take us to Olive Garden and it just keeps getting better. My favorite part it the bread sticks, which never stop coming. I put them in this potato soup we get first, and it's just wonderful. Then I order the Chicken Alfredo with a Dr. Pepper, and then as a dessert I have a chocolate volcano! By the time were ready to leave, I’m afraid I won't be able to get up and I love it, I look at mom and ask “What’s next?”, she laughs and says "Let's go to the part so we can work off our food." When we get there it looks beautiful, the leaves are in change and falling, and we even see a little herd of deer. I just lay down on the bench and look around. I see squirrels playing, and bunnies hopping around with little baby bunnies, but the thing that catches my attention the most, Is the little old couple walking the path hand in hand. It makes me feel like love is still out there and not everyone splits, I feel like I have a chance to find my soul mate, then I start to think about Matt. Why had he been so upset the other day, is it a crime to want him for the rest of my life? Then it hit me, he didn’t want to just be friends and he thinks I rejected him! It hits me so hard I roll off the bench, Mom runs over to see if I’m okay, “Yeah I’m fine, but I just realized I really hurt Matt and I have to fix it!” She smiles and we start towards Matt’s house.



© 2011 Jessi Raine is falling


Author's Note

Jessi Raine is falling
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

finally she sees the light lol she's so blond but i'm SO excited for the next chapter!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Added on December 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2011


Author

Jessi Raine is falling
Jessi Raine is falling

Pratt, KS



About
I love, i lose, i cry, and i sigh. But hey that's life. more..

Writing