The Nightmare (Chapter One)

The Nightmare (Chapter One)

A Chapter by Peachy Keen

             The Nightmare- Chapter One

 

     I burst awake, not knowing where I am.The same dream had been haunting me for as long as I could remember. The taste of blood lingers on my lips, as I recover from my shaking. Slipping out of my warm bed I have the feeling of being watched. Looking around, the feeling quickly dissipates.

           " Huh. That was odd," I whisper to myself, not wanting to wake the others in the house.

           After all it was- I look at the clock- 5:31 AM. Well there isn't really any point in trying to go back to sleep.  I walk over to the antique dresser sitting by the window. I open the top drawer, taking out my costomary red tank top. I then close it, opening the second drawer, and pulling out my worn-out blue-jean shorts. Cautiously I open the creaky door, and tip-toe across the hall to the bathroom for a hot shower to help me relax.

         As the warm water beats down on my tense body I start wondering what it would be like to have a father. This wouldn't be the first time I've wondered such. I'm jerked out of my train of thought by a creaking noise. I dismiss this as just my brother outside in the hallway trying to scare me. Ignoring the noise I turn away from the bathroom door. Then I hear it again, this time closer. There was no way that was coming from outside the bathroom. I turn the water off, listening harder. I hear it again, this time near the sink.

         All of the sudden there is a squeaking noise by the mirror. I reach my hand out and grab the towel, wrapping it around me. I climb out of the shower. Turning my head toward the mirror for a moment all I see is my damp reflection. Then I notice something isn't right.

 

         



© 2011 Peachy Keen


Author's Note

Peachy Keen
Thanks for reading. Please review and rate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Cautiously I open the my creaky door," You either need to take you "the" or "My".

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
1 Review
Added on September 29, 2009
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

Peachy Keen
Peachy Keen

WI



About
This is an account created by a group of friends. We've decided to write together. So here's a quick description about each of us. First of all in our group is Kaity who loves to read and write books.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Peachy Keen